It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Tallahassee (Updated)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
OK, I have watched that part and I don't see it doing anything "unlike any aerodynamics we can control".

Right angle curves are impossible to do for an airplane, but the movement of this object looks natural enough to not dismiss the possibility of it being an airplane.

That does not mean that I think that this was an airplane, I still do not have any idea of what it could have been, but I am sure I haven't seen it doing "impossible" moves.

I think it is not an airplane. Watch the 6th and 9th and 10th minute carefully. It is hovering, and doesnt look like an airplane at all.
In one moment the sweet little girl says : maybe it is an angel.
Maybe it is; who knows..

I just watched 19th and 20th minute...What can this be??

It is also not a helicopter..Watch between 22.50 and 23.50....A helicopter is coming to scene, while UFO is making circles...Really unbeliavable video..I hope someone will explaine it soon..
[edit on 17-3-2007 by manastin]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ok, now with a calm mind...
The movement of the object between 22.40 and 22.52 is suspicious to me. In one action, the camera is following the movements of the object perfectly, as the cameraman knows where it will move next. Until this action, the video is very sincere and genuine, but this movement reminded me one of the fake videos of "red lights".

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It was probably Milhouse.

Only joking. Amazing video, thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I see nothing suspicious about this video what so ever.

Its certainly one of the best examples of a UFO (in the true sense), being captured on video.

The length of the video certainly earns it credibility as does the dialogue from both adults and children, I loved some of the comments that came from the kids.

I first thought that this was possibly a blimp/airship given the speed it seeme to be travelling at and the comments regarding its tendency to appear long aswell as orb shaped.

With the rapid movement of the object nearing the end of the video which happened to coincide with the audible appearance of a chopper, put pay to the idea it was a blimp or airship. Its a shame the chopper wasn't caught, visually on tape.

I am racking my brains for a conventional explaination for what we are seeing, but have yet to come up with a logical answer, there may well be one, but at this point what we have is an exceptional bit of footage.

I haven't read all the posts on the thread, so may I ask if we are attempting to contact the person responsible for the video?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I haven't read all the posts on the thread, so may I ask if we are attempting to contact the person responsible for the video?

Yes, I left him a comment inviting him where the vid is hosted.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow, one of the longest ufo video in history.

What about the space station teory? Dismissed by the movement of the object at the end of the film?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It can not be the ISS, not only because the ISS does not change direction but because it is much faster.

And to clarify my position, I think that it is possible that this was a man made craft because the movements are not beyond our technological capacities, but I find it hard for it to be an aircraft, unless it was very high at the start and was coming towards the ground, that would make it look almost or completely stationary.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Either a spectacularly elaborate hoax or exactly what it is, a ufo caught on video for almost a half hour.

The video is fascinating for its deceptive mundanity, the extraordinary captured in the frame of daily life. Made me immediately think of the recent Chilian barbecue video and leads you to consider how accepting the average person anywhere in the world is to the reality of ufos. And how the secret is a tattered figleaf governments are hiding behind solely from self-interest.

The world is clearly ready to hear the truth. Out of the mouths of babes...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm posting this anonymous post into this thread as I found it very interesting. Here ya go:

Originally posted by anon_104258

This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: UFO Tallahasee

I posted this video after a long time of wondering what to do with it. I was invited on the google video comments section to view this web site. We no longer live in Tallahassee, so for this reason I felt "safe" to release it. I feel my blood pressure rise reading comments posted from "balloons" to "faking" this somehow, but I have to remember I almost didn't believe it looking through the view finder. I will only say that this is real, it did scare me and I'm still not sure if I should have posted the damn thing. I will also say, I have shown it to people at Wright Patterson Air force Base (family connections working there) and one individual (Ret.) worked with project blue book way back in the 1960's and this person said they never saw anything like this. It still creeps me to watch it. I don't know what else to say or do next with this tape, except hope that someone out there will be able to give me a better explanation on what my family saw that day... other than some "balloon" as others have thought it to be. I am surprised at how many people have watch the google link ( video.google.com... )in such a short time. I only hope that others will have video or knowledge of what we saw that day. I will never forget it. Yes, if there ever is a next time, I will know to turn off the the auto focus! If there are any question, I could get to them here or maybe set up an e-mail (other than my home one) to communicate with anyone who knows about this stuff. I don't want any trouble. I pray someone will have a good answer to what was seen. God Bless.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is a reply to that anonymous message:

So our efforts to make you join (I did as well) weren't in vain after all. As for this being something scary, it's not. It's just a bewildering experience, seeing a UFO that is. It has an impact to the very foundation of your view on life on earth, which is part of the reason why many are quick to dismiss these kinds of things as real, but hey, the slogan of this site Is "Deny ignorance" after all.

I for one would be honored if you joined the forum as a regular member as we all have something in common. I for one has seen two UFOs fairly up close that were both 'cloaked', or semi-transparent, and I've been welcomed with open arms here. If not to further investigate the UFO phenomenon, but to gain peace of mind.

Regards, Drexon.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Excellent Hellmutt, lets hope the nay sayers don't frighten this one off.

We may be able to get uncompressed footage.

Maybe, we can get the staff involved in this.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I want to thank you for responding to my (and Drexons!) invite at the google site and stopping by our anonymous section to post information re: your video.

I also very much understand your reservations about joining the site as a registered member and directly engaging in discussion about your experience. The experience itself has probably been a bit overhelming and difficult to digest and those of us who have had similiar experiences and who like to discuss this topic and analyze things of this nature can be overwhelming and difficult to deal with as well.

I can only assure you that the management of this site would afford you all of their graces of protection and policing in this thread to keep everything civil and not let anything get out of hand.

Maybe Springer, S.O. or Simon could post in here to back me up on this - you are safe to post here.

I hope we can see you in this thread sometime soon. Thanks for stopping by in Anon.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Wow, one of the longest ufo video in history.

What about the space station teory? Dismissed by the movement of the object at the end of the film?

No, more or less dismissed by the LACK of movement throughout the 24 minutes of video.

The ISS is NOT in geosychronous orbit around Earth. It rolls around the planet once every 90ish minutes or so. It can be tracked at various site on the web as well so you can jump outside and observe it as it passes over your location.

It moves maybe 20 seconds horizon to horizon, certainly not 24 minutes and never sits still.....You have to realize that this object parked over his house for more than 24 minutes and relatively speaking really didnt move much at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I'm posting this anonymous post into this thread as I found it very interesting. Here ya go:

Originally posted by anon_104258

This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: UFO Tallahasee

I posted this video after a long time of wondering what to do with it. I was invited on the google video comments section to view this web site. We no longer live in Tallahassee, so for this reason I felt "safe" to release it. I feel my blood pressure rise reading comments posted from "balloons" to "faking" this somehow, but I have to remember I almost didn't believe it looking through the view finder. I will only say that this is real, it did scare me and I'm still not sure if I should have posted the damn thing. I will also say, I have shown it to people at Wright Patterson Air force Base (family connections working there) and one individual (Ret.) worked with project blue book way back in the 1960's and this person said they never saw anything like this. It still creeps me to watch it. I don't know what else to say or do next with this tape, except hope that someone out there will be able to give me a better explanation on what my family saw that day... other than some "balloon" as others have thought it to be. I am surprised at how many people have watch the google link ( video.google.com... )in such a short time. I only hope that others will have video or knowledge of what we saw that day. I will never forget it. Yes, if there ever is a next time, I will know to turn off the the auto focus! If there are any question, I could get to them here or maybe set up an e-mail (other than my home one) to communicate with anyone who knows about this stuff. I don't want any trouble. I pray someone will have a good answer to what was seen. God Bless.

Need to get this person online so I can U2U them. There is information in the above post from them that I can research. I need a direct line.....

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words LostMind, Drexon and others! I guess some people don't understand though... "balloons and such". I didn't know originally if I should cut and edit the video to show only the "best parts" or throw the whole thing on the net and "let it go". In the end however, I thought if I posted the whole thing with audio (except where I cut out family names and such) it would cut out some of the scepticism I knew I was going to get! I even read somewhere that "they" thought the family was "added" to make it look more real. Please... I have better things to do! It's ok though, I think scepticism is healthy. Like I said before, I hardly believed what I was seeing myself... "My GOD" went through my mind as the first zoomed in shots came into focus... and words like "CRAP!!" came out of my mouth when the camera went OUT of focus! Hind sight is 20/20 they say, and oh how I wish I could go through that day again. #1) TRIPOD right away, #2) Call the neighbors, #3) Take snap shots and on and on it goes... but during that time I knew I was seeing something rare, and didn't want to take my eyes off of it for a second! I didn't know how long I was going to be able to view this object and just soaked up every moment. My mind played havoc on me though for the next few days and nights (and still does to some degree)... wondering if I was going to look up and see these things by the thousands in a checker board pattern or what! Lots of lost sleep for awhile. Only recently, seeing a similar object on video while surfing the the net made me feel better knowing we were not the only ones "seeing" strange things like this in the sky. I thought we could help others in this way too, so we posted it. The big surprise was that there was ZERO news about this on TV or in the local papers. Now, I hope that since we were the first to post this from 09/05/2005 over zip code area 32312 in Tallahassee Florida, that if anyone else saw this thing they might say so as well. I hate in a way that we did wait so long, but being a bit paranoid and the changes in our life since then had put it on a "try to forget" list. If it is something from "out there", it has me more mystified than before... and I hate not knowing! :O) Thanks for reading my ramblings!
PS - Yes, my "bad", it was Labor Day NOT Memorial Day! Opps!
(If it's not Christmas... does it really count anyway!)
video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If I hear one more comment about the possibility of this being the ISS I'm gonna go crazy.
It's not the ISS!! It to me is a geniune video taken by a family that just happen to be at the right place at the right time. As I said in my last post, it's amazing how this ufo stays in view for such a long time in this families back yard with all the trees around. I would like to thank the anonymous person for his thoughts and views of his video. Thank you Lost_Mind & Drexon for inviting him. I can also understand why he would not want to engage in a discussion on his video here at ATS. I think his video pretty much speaks for itself. He's explained what he and his family was doing that late afternoon/evening. And they seem to be a typical family with good kids. I can only imagine the question after question after question that he would have to endure here. I wouldn't want that if I was him I guess. Otherwise he would be here. I respect his privacy and his family. He did mention that he no longer lives in Tallahassee Florida. I thought the video was from Ft. Lauderdale Florida? Maybe I'm wrong on that and it as in Tallahassee.
Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth on this post, everyone have a good evening or day depending on where you live.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS TALLYUFO.
Thank you for the video and your thoughts on this. I can only imagine catching this on video and wondering the same things you were.

P.S. Edit. You beat me to the punch on my post there Tally, didn't know you were coming in here, but good to hsee ya !

[edit on 3/17/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well first of all Congratulations for your decision to join us! I have no doubt in my mind that you're going to be something of an ATS 'star' considering this is some of the best footage that's surfaced in a long, long while. Though, you should also expect a Lot of debunking attempts, it's really what this forum is about, debunking and trying out every angle Just to make sure we don't jump to conclusions. So please don't let that affect you as it is a natural part of the experience here at ATS (I'm only preparing you for what's sure to ensue as you seemed to be upset about the previous attempts at explaining this 'rationally').

Personally I only have one question that I wanted to ask you straight off the bat so to speak. How did the UFO look to you? The reason I'm asking is because the video shows some typical mechanical camera faults (not at all your fault), making it hard to get a grip on what the 'true' shape of the UFO was.

Again, thanks for joining. Hope you can bare with us.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hi TallyUFO.....welcome to this board. I know it's strange to see this sort of stuff. By the way, I was the one who made the auto-focus comment on Google video. Great video you got there!!

I have never seen anything in person that I would classify as a UFO. And to be honest, I have always had doubts that the UFOs people see are really extra-terrestrial. I am an engineer by background and training, and I usually want hard evidence to lay any credibility to something. I had been certainly open to the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere....how can one rationally not be?? The unverse is absolutely, incomprehensibly IMMENSE beyound imagination. Think about it, there are billions of billions of galaxies, and each galaxy itself has billions and billions of star systems, many of which have planets that may support life. Hec, it takes a tremendous number of light years just to get to the nearest star, outside of our sun.

If there are so many life forms just here on earth, odds are incredibly VERY GOOD that there is life, a significant portion of it intelligent - possibly far more intelligent and experienced than we are - elsewhere.

Despite all this, I had never, in my gut, believed that any of our UFO sightings were truly ET. But what got me to completely rethink this whole UFO possibility was the UFO incident at Chicago's OHare Airport on November 7 2006 (but broadcast nationalwide in the Chicago Tribune on Jan 1 2007), in which several United Airlines workers, including pilots, saw a disc hovering over a terminal (terminal C). They even radioed the control tower about it. After 20 minutes or so, the disc (estimated to be about 30 ft in diameter) shot off straight into the clouds with incredible acceleration - created a round hole in the clouds. The g-forces would easily crushed human beings inside.

Anyways, after this.....I researched the topic of UFOs thoroughly on the internet. And what I uncovered in terms of what military personnel, commercial pilots (credible people), etc have seen over the last several decades were truly astounding to me. And what's interesting is that many of these sightings by pilots are actually recorded on radar, further giving credence.....at times these UFOs shoot off at unbelievable speeds (with no sonic boom or any other type of noise).

Anways, you got a legimitate recording there of something very strange. Good luck with everything.....and enjoy the this website. Although there are some crazy threads of far out topics, most of the people here are quite down to earth.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by MachXX]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes Drexon is right, there will be disbelievers that will try their best to debunk this. Just be yourself and answer honestly. Seeing the object with your own eyes is so much better than seeing it on this video, so please feel free to describe what you saw and how it looked to you. Good question Drexon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join