It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Universe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
The Universe is in our heads.

In every part of the body, in the keyboard you are typing on, the computer you are looking at. We talked about this already.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Definitions of universe on the Web:

everything that exists anywhere

Source.

Everything that exists anywhere.

Can you have a place outside of existance? If the Universe was somewhere, that place would, by definition, be a part of the Universe.

However, as I stated, it's all in our heads. Just as a camera produces images, each of us constructs reality. We make the grass green, we make water wet, we create the warmth of the Sun.

We created the Universe, it exists in our heads.

[edit on 19/3/07 by Implosion]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Definitions of universe on the Web:

everything that exists anywhere

Source.

Everything that exists anywhere.

Can you have a place outside of existance? If the universe was somewhere, that place would, by definition, be a part of the Universe.

However, as I stated, it's all in our heads. Just as a camera produces mages, each of us constructs reality. We make the grass green, we make water wet, we create the warmth of the Sun.

We created the Universe, and it exists in our heads.

We still have to determine what existence actually is(but its rhetorical), Each of us constructs what we think is reality. But dreams? i have all the 5 senses and I am (thoughts and senses) in a place that is not on earth or in this universe. Where are both these "reality's" happening? If we knew where the universe was/is then we can determine our existence. It is in our heads, but its everywhere else inside the universe. We can choose to make the grass any color, we perceive water as being wet but it could be dry and wet could be dry. If i had no feeling somewhere on my body how could i create the warmth of the sun? How could we create the universe if it was here before us? (we can name it)

[edit on 19-3-2007 by jwater88]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jwater88
Question: Where is the Universe?

Imo...N/a...No where

Isn't it strange how all the answers remind me of the following??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORPHEUS: As children, we do not separate the possible from the impossible which is why the younger a mind is the easier it is to free while a mind like yours can be very difficult.

NEO: Free from what?

MORPHEUS: From the UNIVERSE.

Neo looks at his eyes but only sees a reflection of himself.

MORPHEUS: Do you want to know what it is, Neo?

Neo swallows and nods his head.

MORPHEUS: It's that feeling you have had all your life. That feeling that something was wrong with the world. You don't know what it is but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad, driving you to me. But what is it?

The LEATHER CREAKS as he leans back.

MORPHEUS: The UNIVERSE is everywhere, it's all around us, here even in this room. You can see it out your window, or on your television. You feel it when you go to work, or go to church or pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

NEO: What truth?

MORPHEUS: That you are a slave, Neo. That you, like everyone else, was born into bondage... ... kept inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch. A prison for your mind.

Outside, the WIND BATTERS a loose PANE of glass.

MORPHEUS: Unfortunately, no one can be told what the UNIVERSE is. You have to see it for yourself.

NEO: How?

MORPHEUS: Hold out your hands

In Neo's right hand, Morpheus drops a red pill.

MORPHEUS: This is your last chance. After this, there is no going back.

In his left, a blue pill.

MORPHEUS: You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe.

The pills in his open hands are reflected in the glasses.

MORPHEUS: You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE MATRIX

Written by

Larry and Andy Wachowski

April 8, 1996

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
To me this has to do with religion to.... Here is a example.

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat[d] of it you shall surely die."

He said to the woman, "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?" 2And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" 4But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. 5For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. 7Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked.

Now remember there is no Good nor is there Evil, because There is no answer to What is Good or What is Evil?
Also they did not die after they ate the fruit they were just kicked out of Eden....Why? Imo they were already dead and they came to the realization of it. When you are naked you have no clothing on. They realized that they were nothing. (nothing is something and thats what they were)

[edit on 22-3-2007 by jwater88]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Where is the Universe?

It can be many things and it can be in many places.

Its an illusion.
Its chaotic and there is no order.
It has physical properties and it doesnt.
It is moving yet can never reach where it is going.

It is here right now where i can experience it, yet it does not exist outside of my reality.

If our reality's overlap then we can both experience it at the same time, if all our reality's overlap then we can all experience the universe at the same time.

If we are alone then the universe is a very small place and it exists only for us.

Answer, it is everywhere and it is nowhere. imho.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The "universe" as it is called, that which means one experience or one expression (or one line of poetry?), I think more properly should be referred to as the omni-verse, expressions and experiences of Eternity.

Now, I don't want people to start calling it the omni-verse, I am only stating to think for the self and realize what things are being called and how they are being handled.

It is common and all most standard now days to hear scientists say that the universe was created at the big initation of the bang, lol, the "big bang". There is a problem preceding this event, what Existed before it?

Firstly, "nothing" is non existent, it is only a "thing" that can Exist (no-thing, no thing), thus how can no thing Exist before this "big bang". Secondly, we are lead to believe that the uni-verse is a big bubble that somewhere ends and is expanding at faster than the velocity of light. Here we run in to another problem, what is Existing outside of this bubble? Is it that nothingness again?

Explanation: Nothing can and can not be known; only half way understood. Nothing is dichotomous: Existing as an expression so that we may know never ending Existence, and not Existing so that we may know its expression.

Substitute the word universe in for "Existence" in the above definition and things may become even more clear.

Thirdly, light is Existing every where, omni-directionally and eternally. How can light not travel and/or travel faster than its self if it is all ready Existing every where? There is no speed of light because speed is a measurement derived from "time", and "time" does not Exist "universally" because there was no beginning, being that nothing can not Exist.

A shadow of light is darkness, a shadow of dark is light, light is every where and light is every thing.

Just as the temperature of "cold" is only a lesser degree of heat, and there can never be an absolute zero because heat is eternal. A lesser degree of light is a shadow, but never can there be absolute darkness because light is eternal.

Nothing is non existent, every thing Exists. Have fun with the dichotomy of nothing...

In Reference To Calling Every Thing "One":

When every thing is connected it is not one-thing because one-thing is a measurable unit, when everything is connected it becomes no-thing, an immeasurable connectedness. It is an eternal connectedness that can not be measured. There are limits within the limitless and the grand picture is a formless abyss, with forms making it up.

We are thing, no-thing, and every thing: the trichotomy of Existence

(Note to mods : The color blue was not working, didn't try others)

[edit on 23-3-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A point, near the sun, four quandrants down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join