It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I was just curious as to what happened to all of the UFO and "lights in the sky" sightings that everyone here was hyping earlier this year.

I just joined this site in January and there was a lot going on. Posters were agreeing with Dark Knight about an increase in sightings and it seemed that almost every one was reporting some kind of UFO sighting or light. I read a lot of posts of people predicting that 2007 was going to be some kind of special year for UFOs.

Now, its kinda boring around here. No one is posting anything new. Old threads are becoming active and the new ones are pretty lame.

What Happened?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. I'm that reaction.

I never got the 'chance' to hear about some prophecies (well that's what they are) and just found out about this Dark Knight's ramblings the other day. I also find myself increasingly active these days, but sure.. just a few weeks ago there was nothing really going on here.

I still wanna go out there and do some UFO spotting with a system camera, but right now I don't even own a regular one, heh. If at all possible I'd like to create some kinda local UFO group... oh well.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The major big sighting was the O'Hare one. But besides that, not much actually goes on I'll say. I live in Wisconsin...To be more exact, Kenosha county.

For being a populated area, I hardly see any UFOs or hear about them. I check the UFO weather map too on Mufon and although there are usually reports of sightings...I never actually see any nor is there any photographic proof.

So I don't know what to tell you man. Just going to have to wait.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that LOTS of people predict 'this year/month/day/whatever is going to be filled with UFO activity/disclosure..' so eh.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Oh, believe me, I want to see a UFO more than anyone. I've even got my daughters all hyped up about UFOs.

I just thought it was strange that at the beginning of the year there were a lot of people telling us to be ready for a banner year for UFOs and now, meh.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I would rather see one really good sighting than one hundred " I saw Venus " threads.

In a weird sort of way a lack of sightings could be a good thing.

Doesn't it seem like hoaxes come in bursts?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I would rather see one really good sighting than one hundred " I saw Venus " threads.

In a weird sort of way a lack of sightings could be a good thing.

Doesn't it seem like hoaxes come in bursts?

Yeah they do, especially when theres one or two good sightings that pique everyones intrest, then soon after alot of hoaxers jump in and try to get their 15 minutes of fame. I'd gladly take a good solid sighting backed by a group of photos, quite a few credible witnesses, and raw data submissions over the CGI videos that everyone seems to be digging up on youtube.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
we dont see aliens anymore cause they want to do an invasion

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Interesting theory razor.

Could this be the calm before the storm?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
yea dont see aliens anymore cause they already have the information they got from us abductions and all the other stuff so now there planning to do an invasion so if i was u id get protection

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe their waiting for spring break. You know how it get boring and slow right up to the break and then all hell breaks loose. I agree with you Dulcimer. I'd rather see a good video anyday instead of 100 not so good ones. There's a couple good ones I saw in here so far. The Chili ufo and the Ft. Lauderdale video. Other than that it's been kind of dull.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join