It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
wasnt sure where to post this, but its just something i remembered when reading this website. several years ago cannot remember the exact year but it was when Star Wars Episode 1 has just come out in the cinema in the UK (i remember because this happened the nite after i had watched that film)

I remember waking up sometime after midnight and before 2 o clock and within 5 minutes of waking up i heard a very very loud bang, sounded like thunder only much much louder, it set off house and car alarms and smashed the odd window around the village where i live, many of my friends in the neighbouring villages also heard the bang, but no1 had any idea on what it was. the night was very clear, and still (no rain, wind, snow anything like that)

someone else on this website may have heard the same bang, i live in W. Yorks in the UK about 10 miles from Bradford.

does anyone have any ideas what the noise could have been or heard it themselves???

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Could have been a low flying supersonic jet causing a sonic boom.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
the nearest airport is leeds/bradford and there are not any RAF airfields for at least 100 miles, i know planes can travel long distances but it never happened before and hasnt happened since, dont think any military aircraft have even flown over the village i live in

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Whoops, that was me. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
does anyone have any other explaination except for a supersonic plane which i find unlikely......

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
yopu only heard a bang?? any flash of light??

maybe you can troll mufon.com just fdind out the date and then go by month....

this typ of "bang" has happend at other placeses as well...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
no flash, just one hell of a loud bang as you can imangine it set off house alarms

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It was probably something not out of the ordinary, maybe a high speed car accident? No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
lol, i live in a small quiet village and the bang really did set off alarms, it definatly wasnt a car accident as there was nothing in the local news, no sirens, no noise to indicate a car crash.......the roads arent long and straight enough for cars to get up to a paticlary high speed anyway

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
even though you tried to rule out thunder, on some vacations to massachusetts and the east coast of the US, i have seen thunder set off car alarms, and make things rattle off shelves. It happens.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleggy
wasnt sure where to post this, but its just something i remembered when reading this website. several years ago cannot remember the exact year but it was when Star Wars Episode 1 has just come out in the cinema in the UK (i remember because this happened the nite after i had watched that film)

I remember waking up sometime after midnight and before 2 o clock and within 5 minutes of waking up i heard a very very loud bang, sounded like thunder only much much louder, it set off house and car alarms and smashed the odd window around the village where i live, many of my friends in the neighbouring villages also heard the bang, but no1 had any idea on what it was. the night was very clear, and still (no rain, wind, snow anything like that)

someone else on this website may have heard the same bang, i live in W. Yorks in the UK about 10 miles from Bradford.

does anyone have any ideas what the noise could have been or heard it themselves???

Uhmmm, Strangely I have heard some really huge explosions over the last couple of years, late at night. I live in Hyde, East MAnchester, just over the Pennined from yourself. OK, some could be cars being torched, fireworks also seem to be blown every night of teh year nowadays but there hjave been a fair few that I just cant explain. Some really huge and terrifying blasts.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
were you guys located???

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
inbetween bradford, keighley and halifax. place called cullingworth.

well thunder wouldnt make sense as there was no rain, no lightning and it was a clear night.

it certainly wasnt a torched car, as it set alarms off all round the village, plus people would have seen the torched car..............

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
well, all i can say is it mighthame been a astroyed

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Could have been an earthquake

There was one about a year ago, shook me right out of bed, it sounded like rolling thunder...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Chud is right. Loud booms are recorded throughout history, and alot of them are connected with seismic activity. Some however, have no explanation...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Are you anywhere near the Mancunian Way?

P...
m...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Maybe it had something to do with aliens teleporting to earth from another world or something. I have read books that claim that stonehenge was used for this purpose, you know alien transportation and such. Perhaps something like this happenmed in your area?
What kind of bang was it? Was it like a gun going off or was it like a rumbling sort of bang?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i wasnt a rumbling, just a very very loud bang, and nothing after that

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Are you anywhere near the Mancunian Way?

P...
m...

NOt really, about 5 miles east of it. As you probably know, the MAncunian way is the ring road around the city center. I did actually used to live pretty much under it in (a rented room in) Whalley Range.

Why do you ask? Are you an ex-pat by any chance? I saw that you said you are 100% British in a different thread.

Just thinking, although it was only about 2 years ago, there was some quite big (relatively for Britain) earthquakes, the epicenter was Manchester, I remember teh house shaking like Elvis. Though there were no bangs that I remember, the after shocks lasted several weeks.

new topics

top topics

join