It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the existance of magic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Does magic exist?

You know i have lately wondered does magic exist, are there talismans or spells one can use to conjure up power, to heal other, to safe someone, to further improve themselves. I mean its hard to imagined right, we are generally thought to think that aliens are the main consperecys's, that technology is what is and what has helped our civilizations tribe...what if magic is just as real as aliens...in this case lets say E.T. we are all familure with the grays,reptilians, and Nordics...but in a universe were it is so grand and immeasurable, there are probably hundreds of millions even billions of alien life that may be so advanced that thay may even go beyond the grays... but we may not even know it, they may not even know it. So could it be that magic does exist but we do not know it or it has been lost to us and kept secret?

um not crazy...lol i was just thinking about the show jackie chan and the magic talismans and wondered if stuff like that might have its way in reality...lol that would be fun

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maigic exists; It's just not what we think it is.

Consider.

Reality as we experience it, is, according to the physicists (the High Priests and Wizards of our Age) nothing but the cumulative effect of an infinate number of determined probabilities.

And it is known that observation (ie.: Perception) can cause one probability to take form over another.

Perception, it can be said, is at least 9/10ths of Reality.

Therefore, if you can change your preception, you are at least 9/10ths of the way to changing your Reality.

And changing Reality is what Magic is all about!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Metaphysics. That is my guess to the whole magic idea. Though, I guess if magic existed in the sense of "being able to do anything", couldn't magic get rid of itself with no physical evidence left behind? I stick with metaphysics, though.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Magick is undoubtably the application of advanced Occult knowledge but requires mental training which is unprecedented in modern society.
And it underpins avanced knowledge of the hidden dimensions of consiousness and psychism that currently completely evade and transend current scientific dogma.

Actually key elements of modern living like the need for constant sensual stimulation through tv, movies ETC and the need for constant activity and amusement, mind numbing video games, food additives and a general lack of fresh food, rote "education" with no emphasis on exercising the mind's key faculties (I.E. Memory, Consentration And Meditive Contemplation) ETC ETc all collude to ensure we all lack the requisite mental faculties to be truely effective human beings.

Instead Magick as you know it is a queer curiosity mixed with supersition and bazar occult symbolism.
A shaddow of our latent and defiled potential.

But there is much that can be gained from it if you have the pre-requisite mental training and stamina.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
magic and technology are on opposite sides of the reality balance where you have low or no tech magic is prevalent as tech develops magic wanes and in the high tech world magic is dormant, but it's a wave effect high tech will wane just as it has waxed and magic will again awake.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Magick never went to sleep....only most of the magicians.
BUT NOT all of them, though, thank GOD, AC & JP!

Bhadhidar - it isn't about perception but rather INTENTION. And expected manifestation of that intention.

The potential/reality is 'all in our head' or should I say, 'the magician's head.'

A powerful mind will outlast a powerful body 10 times over.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Of course Intention is the power Behind the Veil, so to speak, Queenannie; "Do as Ye Will...", after all!

But, it was merely my Intention to expand the poster's perception in such a way so as to verify the existence of Magic in his/her Reality.

If I were to be asked for a contemporary definition of the term "Magician", I would (and have!) answered:

"Why, a 'Magician' is but a 'Quantum' Mechanic!"

And I ain't talking old VW's!

Cug

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by morphonius821
Magick is undoubtably the application of advanced Occult knowledge but requires mental training which is unprecedented in modern society.

You are overthinking things too much. If a dummy like me can do it anyone can!

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

If I were to be asked for a contemporary definition of the term "Magician", I would (and have!) answered:

"Why, a 'Magician' is but a 'Quantum' Mechanic!"

Quantum Mechanic?

I would never describe myself that way.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I really do not think magic could exist. Think about it...? What would caouse someone to float. impossible
But i think card tricks are cool. But there is always a trick to it. To tell u the truth i do not know of much more magic.
peace

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The brain is a pwerful tool yet humans use such a low percentage of its power for our daily functions. So if anyone could tap into the full potential of the brain it is unimaginable what would happen

new topics

top topics

join