It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Aids a Socially Liberal Disease?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Using Geometry's theorum approach: AIDS could be classified as "Not all Social Liberals have AIDS, but all most all who have AIDS are Social Liberals".

Be they homosexuals, promiscuous, pre-marital sex, drug users, etc.

AIDS cannot affect a person through good character (as laid down in the Bible or by Judeo-Christian heritage and British gentleman behavior of the 18th century) unless that person unjustly comes into contact with the other's blood or bodily fluids by ignorance or lies.

I don't see how this argument can even be refuted, find an AIDS epidemic in a non-drug using society that has sex only after being married (and never divorces) and does not have blood transfusions with anyone outside that society.

Actually I can already prove the disparity

California comparitively socially liberal to that of Utah.

California has over 54,000 people living with AIDS (about 1:3,000) and a cumulative rate of over 140,000 people (about 1:275) www.hawaii.edu...

Utah has 100 people with AIDS (OMFG) which is about 1:50,000

My point I think is pretty much proven.

www.hawaii.edu... 000-2009.pdf

Primary source

www.hawaii.edu... .htm

I will further point out that the most liberal counties of California have the highest incidents of AIDS and the most conservative counties of California have almost no incidents of AIDS.

And furthermore

New York's statistics show that Homosexuals and Needle Users (druggies) have the highest incidents of AIDS (about 8.5% of the population, 8.72% of the tested Homosexual population).

These figures may vary as they are representative samples and so their accuracy is inferrred.

www.hawaii.edu...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why liberals?
Oh wait they're those gay, drug using, blood transfusing, promiscuous hippies aren't they?

I could whip out some facts proving that 'conservative' States have a high proporiton of 'scientific idiots' (as they believe in 'intelligent design'), but do you honestly believe that a State's liberal/conservative stance influences the amount of 'infected' in the respective state?

What about Africa and the rest of the world?

Or is this just another case of attempting to enforce your morals on eveyone else?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Do you know what a social liberal is? Catholics are social conservatives...for the most part.

I think your ignorance is shining through as my point is that socially liberal areas are highly infected with AIDS compared to those areas not socially liberal.

And I hate the dumb African argument.

You're talking about a people who generally marry 12 wives over the course of their 30 year life spans, and have the highest incidents of rapes in the world.

Africa is the epitomy of social liberality.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
That is what the last letter means; just like in Sars.

They really can't fully identify it.

And why do people always die of diseases that have been around for years, and yet they say they died of aides. Immune definciency can be caused by various other things including heavy use of drugs, a dirty environment; and a woman that is pregnant as hiv atomatically in her system.

Rheem21

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
Or is this just another case of attempting to enforce your morals on eveyone else?

Oh, like those of the liberal persuasion dont use the media to force their opinions and revert to childlike tactics by having shows like the "daily show" and "colbert report" trying to make conservatives appear as ignorant rednecks.

I think investor has a point, AIDS is a disease that effects mostly socially liberal areas, thats a fact. People who are generally religous or even just conservative in nature have far fewer incidents of AIDS infections. This is due to the fact that they usually have only one partner at a time and refrain from intravenous drug use. Homosexuality is also frowned upon in these areas to the extent that there are only so many other homosexuals around that their relationships are almost forced to be monogamous.

Of course, you also have to take into account that their maybe a segment of the white, which is generally conservative in nature, community that may be immune to the disease. Its a genetic mutation found in europeans and is believed to be the result of the black plague.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I guess you should adjust your mathematics to "american social liberals" considering in Europe nearly everyone is what americans call social liberals and there are #loads less aids infectees in Europe per capita then in the US.

I'll name the 7 main causes for rightwing conservative deaths for ya?

Lust
(liberals sleep around, but conservatives covertly hump hookers)
Gluttony
(overweight, lots of heart failures, diabetics, etc, etc)
Greed
(murder and death caused by this is astronomical and international, Homer Simpsons voice "Grrrarraarr Oil")
Sloth
(part of the overweight problem, watching TV way to much, putting your kids in front of TV rather then raise them and then bitching that whats on TV gives your kid bad value's and then try to change whats on TV in iditiotic ways)
Wrath
(Vindictive bunch of gunslingers)
Envy
(Can't even stand Liberals having a good time because your so anal when it comes to public afairs)
Pride
(As so eliqently shown by the reporting of Fox news and other Right wing media after the verdict in the Libby trial, apparantly, Conservatives can't do anything wrong, and if they are convicted of something I personaly equate to treason, its all ok apparantly.)

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Investor
Do you know what a social liberal is? Catholics are social conservatives...for the most part..

'Social liberalism, as a branch of liberalism, contends that society must protect liberty and opportunity for all citizens' - Wikipedia.

If 'social liberals' are 'protecting the liberty of citizens' what are 'social conservatives' doing?

I think your ignorance is shining through as my point is that socially liberal areas are highly infected with AIDS compared to those areas not socially liberal.

And I think you just dodged my point that you can use statistics to defend any argument (hence the 'conservative states are scientifically illiterate argument).

quote]Originally posted by The_Investor
And I hate the dumb African argument.

'In for a penny in for a pound!'

You're talking about a people who generally marry 12 wives over the course of their 30 year life spans, and have the highest incidents of rapes in the world.

Also it depends. Are we looking at remote African tribes (for the 'they marry 12 wives!' argument) or South Africa (for the 'highest incident of rapes' argument), neither of which fully constitute 'Africa'.
Also it's kind of hard living 30+ lives without basic utilities (clean drinking water, ), rampant diseases, corrupt governments, roving militias etc.

Africa is the epitomy of social liberality.

And Asia is the epitomy of Communism.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Oh, like those of the liberal persuasion dont use the media to force their opinions and revert to childlike tactics by having shows like the "daily show" and "colbert report" trying to make conservatives appear as ignorant rednecks.

And 'conservative' shows like 'The O'Reilly Factor' where 'liberal' ideas, people etc are seen as leading America towards complete anarchy/societal collapse/Islamic takeover etc.

I think investor has a point, AIDS is a disease that effects mostly socially liberal areas, thats a fact. People who are generally religous or even just conservative in nature have far fewer incidents of AIDS infections. This is due to the fact that they usually have only one partner at a time and refrain from intravenous drug use. Homosexuality is also frowned upon in these areas to the extent that there are only so many other homosexuals around that their relationships are almost forced to be monogamous.

Yes but he was also attempting to prove that 'social liberal' areas were more prone to AIDs than 'social conservative' areas.
Also maybe it's because 'conservatives' and 'religous types' hide their drug use/sleeping around better?
And of course homosexuality would be 'frowned on', being against the 'Good Book' and all.

Of course, you also have to take into account that their maybe a segment of the white, which is generally conservative in nature, community that may be immune to the disease. Its a genetic mutation found in europeans and is believed to be the result of the black plague.

The closest anyone's been to HIV/AIDS 'immunity' were Tanzanian prostitutes (not quite 'white' so to speak).

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Id blame the hippies. Before them the worst anyone ever seemed to suffer from was syphallus. Cured with a shot of penecillun. Then free hippie love reigned and suddenly we all have herpes.

No hippies in Africa though. AIDS is wiping them out because of superstition and ignorance. They actually believe the way to cure it is to have sex with a virgin. You know what this has led to? Mass rape of preteen girls. Preteen girls who not only have to live as outcasts because of the rape but are now HIV positive if not already walking with full blown AIDS.

I still blame hippies. Free love crap, never saving any money, now theyre all retiring with no savings and sucking off of the government having left us with rampant STD's and uncountable bastard children.

Completely selfish behavior participated in with no amount of foresight or consideration for others.

Thanks guys.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

new topics

top topics

join