It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three black silhouettes appeared to me & said, "We are now, but someday, you'll be.".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have been posting on ATS since last August. I was hoping someone might have noticed my signature and sent me a U2U, but to this point no one has. I was a lurker for a long time looking for something similar. When I joined I didn’t want to just start out by posting this thread. I guess I didn’t want everyone to think I was some newbie looking for attention. I was also involved with the WTC disaster, and have spent a great deal of time in that forum, so that probably hasn’t helped me with this issue. At this point I’ll just dive right into the story. I really look forward to your thoughts & comments, and thank you in advance.

I was seven. I was asleep in my bed one night. I was on the top bunk, and my brother on the bottom. I was laying on my stomach, with my head facing the wall. I remember feeling something tapping my left hamstring as I was awakened by it. I flipped my head around to look out from my bunk & towards the room. There was a double window on the opposite wall that always illuminated the room from a streetlight in front of the house. I was expecting to find my mother waking me for some reason, but what I saw & heard still to this day scares me to death.

There were three dark silhouettes in front of me. They appeared to be robed because I couldn't see the shape of the heads, yet they appeared to have human form. They also appeared to not be that large, yet their heads were at least six to seven feet from the floor. It was like they were suspended in mid air. I remember getting very frightened, and then the form in the middle spoke to me in a very erie whisper.

" WE ARE NOW, BUT SOMEDAY, YOU'LL BE. . ."

I know it was the one in the middle becase it got eyes & a mouth when it spoke. The eyes & mouth flickered, a compilation of a blueish white light and something I can only describe as electric arcs.

At this point I got so scared that I screamed, flipped over, jumped out of the top bunk right through the open doorway and into the hall. My mother heard me hit the floor & she ran to me. I went to sleep in my parents bed after that, and made them take my brother out of the room too. The next morning she was scared because she felt my terror. She didn’t think I was lying, or had a nightmare. She said I was pale & trembling. She told me she couldn't explain what happened to me. I still remember this night like it was yesterday. . .

I really don't think I was dreaming because I woke from the tapping on my leg, and I don't think I woke up again after that. I really don't think I imagined it because why would my mind come up with a string of words that I don't even know the meaning to?

I'm a firm believer that most weird stuff that happens in the dark can be chalked up to just that. If ghosts, aliens, whatever are real, then I don't think it would have to be dark for them exist. So through my life when something weird happens, I think about it rationally, and can usually chalk it up to a combination of imagination, and the fact it was dark at the time.

Yet with this event I have NEVER been able to shake the fear of that night, and I have NEVER been able to come up with a valid explanation.

Does anyone have a clue what this could have been? Thanx again-

2PacSade-

spelling

[edit on 15-3-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
something "somewhat" similiar happened to me. I was about 10 years old and i was wide awake laying in my room. I went up to the air conditioner to put my pillow against it because it was hot in the room, and i look up at the blinds and i saw a shadow of a long skiny arm with 4 long skinny fingurs, move across the blind, make a grabbing motion and then continue back towards the wall and disappear.... it freaked me out sooooo much. But, what really freaked me out is that a few years ago my twin brother told me the SAME story that it happened to him, doing the same exact thing!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
something "somewhat" similiar happened to me. I was about 10 years old and i was wide awake laying in my room. I went up to the air conditioner to put my pillow against it because it was hot in the room, and i look up at the blinds and i saw a shadow of a long skiny arm with 4 long skinny fingurs, move across the blind, make a grabbing motion and then continue back towards the wall and disappear.... it freaked me out sooooo much. But, what really freaked me out is that a few years ago my twin brother told me the SAME story that it happened to him, doing the same exact thing!

Thanx for the reply. Could it have been something outside that made the shadow? A tree limb? Or was it definitely coming from inside the room?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Have to drive home & pick up the kids. I'll be back later. Thanx again-

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade

Thanx for the reply. Could it have been something outside that made the shadow? A tree limb? Or was it definitely coming from inside the room?

No, it was def an arm and a long hand with 4 fingers, there is no trees or anything near that room. It wasnt nearly as crazy as your experience but i can kinda feel what you went thru.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I saw the "robed figure" you descrived once. It was my Mom, me and my step-Dad, we were coming back from church one night and on the road we saw this robed figure floating. We drove right past it. I was like 11, scared the hell out of me.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I cant find it, i have to do some more research but im sure many of you have seen the flying robed ghost that some kid filmed in a church. I believe it was a church in rome and when he was filming noone saw it, but after they looked at the film there was a robed figure floating all over the place.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I have been posting on ATS since last August. I was hoping someone might have noticed my signature and sent me a U2U, but to this point no one has. I was a lurker for a long time looking for something similar. When I joined I didn’t want to just start out by posting this thread. I guess I didn’t want everyone to think I was some newbie looking for attention. I was also involved with the WTC disaster, and have spent a great deal of time in that forum, so that probably hasn’t helped me with this issue. At this point I’ll just dive right into the story. I really look forward to your thoughts & comments, and thank you in advance.

I was seven. I was asleep in my bed one night. I was on the top bunk, and my brother on the bottom. I was laying on my stomach, with my head facing the wall. I remember feeling something tapping my left hamstring as I was awakened by it. I flipped my head around to look out from my bunk & towards the room. There was a double window on the opposite wall that always illuminated the room from a streetlight in front of the house. I was expecting to find my mother waking me for some reason, but what I saw & heard still to this day scares me to death.

There were three dark silhouettes in front of me. They appeared to be robed because I couldn't see the shape of the heads, yet they appeared to have human form. They also appeared to not be that large, yet their heads were at least six to seven feet from the floor. It was like they were suspended in mid air. I remember getting very frightened, and then the form in the middle spoke to me in a very erie whisper.

" WE ARE NOW, BUT SOMEDAY, YOU'LL BE. . ."

I know it was the one in the middle becase it got eyes & a mouth when it spoke. The eyes & mouth flickered, a compilation of a blueish white light and something I can only describe as electric arcs.

At this point I got so scared that I screamed, flipped over, jumped out of the top bunk right through the open doorway and into the hall. My mother heard me hit the floor & she ran to me. I went to sleep in my parents bed after that, and made them take my brother out of the room too. The next morning she was scared because she felt my terror. She didn’t think I was lying, or had a nightmare. She said I was pale & trembling. She told me she couldn't explain what happened to me. I still remember this night like it was yesterday. . .

I really don't think I was dreaming because I woke from the tapping on my leg, and I don't think I woke up again after that. I really don't think I imagined it because why would my mind come up with a string of words that I don't even know the meaning to?

I'm a firm believer that most weird stuff that happens in the dark can be chalked up to just that. If ghosts, aliens, whatever are real, then I don't think it would have to be dark for them exist. So through my life when something weird happens, I think about it rationally, and can usually chalk it up to a combination of imagination, and the fact it was dark at the time.

Yet with this event I have NEVER been able to shake the fear of that night, and I have NEVER been able to come up with a valid explanation.

2PacSade-

spelling

That sounds well...really creepy man. I'm constantly reminded how we're supposed to celebrate spirits and ghosts, and cherish their appearances rather than fear them. But then, there's instances like this, where I'd be cleaning my drawers afterwards. I mean, I've heard of shadow people, but I don't think they can actually talk to people and form facial features, etc.

Ghosts perhaps, but...I dunno man. I have never encountered something like that. Have you ever pondered what the saying means? I mean have you ever like sat back and considered what they were saying to you?

[edit on 15-3-2007 by acapablemind]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
when i first read it, my initial thinking was.. we are dead, and someday you will be too... and doomed to walk the earth as shadow people scaring little kids for eternity!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Haven't had that exact experience, but something similar --- a mystery I've been trying to solve for many years.

What I saw was the shape of a man in what looked to be a very black Spiderman costume--form-fitting, head to toe, no flesh showing--tiptoeing past the end of the bed. What was really odd was there were no shadows, no light gradations. As if I were looking at a black hole.

I was four years old at the time, and to this day I can still see it as clearly as that night. I don't know what woke me up, but I sat up and watched this "man" tiptoe past; I didn't see him come in, but I assumed he came in the window which was to my left, or else he'd been hiding in the closet which was directly across from the bed. Thinking it was a burglar, I tried to wake suspicious evmy mother who was sound asleep next to me. But no matter how I shook her, she wouldn't wake up. Then the man "disappeared" into the hallway, and I didn't see him again.

I was **not** dreaming, as I rubbed my fists into my eyes several times thinking it was surely a dream. And although I remember very little of my childhood (!), that image still stands out, like a looped film clip.

My sister had a somewhat similar experience when she was about six: she was ill with fever, and she saw three robed figures standing at the foot of the bed. I don't think any of them spoke, just stood there ominously. She put her head under the covers, hoping they'd go away, but they stayed awhile and then eventually vanished. Some would likely say it was the fever, causing her to hallucinate, but we have to wonder as in later years we discovered some strange "coincidences" that hinted our father may have been into Satanism.

Years later, my sister and a friend and I were at a local park after nightfall, sitting around talking. We thought it was getting a bit late so we decided to leave, but on the way out we saw these three dark figures, one sitting, one standing, one lying stretched out on one of the wooden play structures. The lighting was not very good, but like the "burglar," there were no shadows, no light gradations whatsoever on any of these three figures. Total black, head to toe, and none of them seemed to breathe or move. My sister and I were terrified and wanted to leave, but our friend moved closer for a better look; none of the figures reacted. Finally we convinced our friend to leave, and we all ran for the car.

Fortunately, the figures did not chase us.

I would still like to finally figure out what those black "shadow people" were. I've read descriptions of what other people call "shadow people" but they don't really fit. What we saw had no eyes, mouth, or features of any kind, just dark shapes that appeared to be an "absence" of ... anything.

If anyone has any idea what these things might have been, please u2u me.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
First off, I am NOT mocking you!

I had childhood visitations like that. Evil entities pestering sleeping children suck. I can't remember what they use to say but I knew they represented evil. The only thing that I do remember was that one was a llama, the other was a bulldog! That is what my ghosts were... AND I was scared poopless!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Good post. That definitely would have freaked me out when I was a kid.

It might have freaked me out as an adult.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i had a similiar experience to yours as well. Thanks for putting it up on the boards. Perhaps there's something children are more receptive to intuitively than fully formed adults are -- somehow more sensitive to the paranormal.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by acapablemind

. . .Ghosts perhaps, but...I dunno man. I have never encountered something like that. Have you ever pondered what the saying means? I mean have you ever like sat back and considered what they were saying to you?

I have pondered this all my life, ( I'll be 44 in April ), and no, I still can't figure out what it meant, but I don't have a good feeling about it because they told me I was gonna be like them. I don't know what to expect, but I don't have a good feeling about it at all. The whole thing has been a hidden fear of mine since. . .

Hopefully it will prove to be something good that I don't expect, or nothing at all. I just firmly believe I wasn't dreaming, and I know what I saw & heard. I have vague memories of other things that happened to me when I was that age, but I can't even come close to remembering the details that still hant me from that night. It's been solidly burnt into my memory. I get weirded out even typing about it. Thanx for the input-

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I cant find it, i have to do some more research but im sure many of you have seen the flying robed ghost that some kid filmed in a church. I believe it was a church in rome and when he was filming noone saw it, but after they looked at the film there was a robed figure floating all over the place.

Thanx I'd like to see it if you can find it. I'll look too.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

when i first read it, my initial thinking was.. we are dead, and someday you will be too... and doomed to walk the earth as shadow people scaring little kids for eternity!

I have thought along these lines also sometimes. It scares me to think that something like that is not my destiny. . .

I don't even own a black robe! Damn!

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Pararesearchwriter-

Your experiences sound a bit similar, especially your sisters! Hopefully we will find out what they are. I'll be sure to keep you posted in the future if I find out anything. Please do the same.

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

After reading your post i feel that you are telling the truth. Whether or not it is true, and to what extent depends on whether you actually believe it is true. Im not questioning your perceptions of reality at all, ie calling you crazy, because i have seen profound things which i would struggle to translate to people (apart from a good friend of mine).

As to what it was? Im more inclined to say it was a bad lucid dream experience than spirits, although im not dismissing the idea! I have had a few bad ones myself when i was younger, feeling pressure on a body part (in my case, it ran down the side of my leg), only too wake up in the position i was sleeping in (and even again after that, proper mind bender!).. For me i managed to rationalize it, but then there were no talking spirits in my case, just an instant fear of what i thought it was. Now that im older, i no longer have nightmares, and i really enjoy my sleep, aswell as a good lucid dream

One question. Do you remember hearing a loud buzzing sound in one of your ears at any point during the experience?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul
First off, I am NOT mocking you!

I had childhood visitations like that. Evil entities pestering sleeping children suck. I can't remember what they use to say but I knew they represented evil. The only thing that I do remember was that one was a llama, the other was a bulldog! That is what my ghosts were... AND I was scared poopless!

No offense taken. Thanx for the reply. It does suck. I even wondered if it was because I was young and just misunderstood the situation, but I don't feel that's the case.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

After reading your post i feel that you are telling the truth. Whether or not it is true, and to what extent depends on whether you actually believe it is true. Im not questioning your perceptions of reality at all, ie calling you crazy, because i have seen profound things which i would struggle to translate to people (apart from a good friend of mine).

As to what it was? Im more inclined to say it was a bad lucid dream experience than spirits, although im not dismissing the idea! I have had a few bad ones myself when i was younger, feeling pressure on a body part (in my case, it ran down the side of my leg), only too wake up in the position i was sleeping in (and even again after that, proper mind bender!).. For me i managed to rationalize it, but then there were no talking spirits in my case, just an instant fear of what i thought it was. Now that im older, i no longer have nightmares, and i really enjoy my sleep, aswell as a good lucid dream

One question. Do you remember hearing a loud buzzing sound in one of your ears at any point during the experience?

Thanx for sharing shrunkensimon-

I really wish I could believe it was a dream, but ya know how you just get a gut feeling about something, and even though you can't prove it, you know it's true? That's how I feel about this. Like you, I have had many other times I have seen something weird in the dark, but like I stated earlier, I know it's because it's dark, and my imagination it getting the best of me.

No I didn't hear anything except the words that were spoken. No buzzing sound whatsoever.

2PacSade-

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join