It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We (ATS) are a source for news...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Is it possible that the person was just using his spare time(break) unwisely at the wrong place wrong time?
Not saying that it isn't possible, but I guess that I would just have to see the video. Unfortunately I don't watch CNN because of the reporters British accents

I do have to agree that this place is a very good source of news(all types of news)

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just got some freetime and I have to say, this is amazing! I cannot believe that these kind of news sources are taking notes off ATS for their info! Great! This is ATS' first step into world domination! Mwuahahahahahahahahahah *cough* *cough*

See ya'll next monday

-wD

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That's great news.
I too want to thank Simon for this wonderful site. Merry Christmas everybody.

I told you they were watching us

www.sunbelt-software.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That's all I have to say.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Confound it....its Holiday & all...

but i'm a Doubting Thomas type...

after all,,, a copy of GIDEONS
--> found in most hotel rooms

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wonder if ATS will become a world leader!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
I wonder if ATS will become a world leader!

WHAT?!

You havn't heard?

Someone send him the transcipts.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Where are the ATS skeptics from all the good forums?
Everyone patting themselves on the back instead of
sounding "Battle Stations"?
GOOD news dont sell. If the media is noticing ATS,
that aint good.
But it IS Christmas, so maybe its not as bad as I think.
Maybe they're just doing a story on Christmas nuts
and Yuletide fruits........but could be much worse.
Beware the Ides of March

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A great find, Skeptic Overlord- I chuckled to myself when I read your opener on this.
to ATS !!! This is a hot forum, and many people are finding their way here- as I recently did.
It was mentioned in another thread that we have an upcoming news section- I am all for this, we could prevent much censorship and go around what we hear on TV. It would be cool to assign geographic areas to members for real reporting of events-

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Why would media outlets, especially television, read ATS and then not do anything with that information? Seems to me to be the case. Why take notes if zero ATS info makes it onto the boob tube?

I'm guessing what was seen on television was a worker slacking off, not research.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ok, it's official...my cult has now gone worldwide! lmao, j/k!

But on a serious note, this totaly rocks out majorly. I mean, ATS...being used as a news source? That would be hella cool. I mean, most of us here use this as our news source as it is, but for a news company to use it to?? That would be such a feather in our cap.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
its not the source of the news, but the results. Using us to determine what to say/not say to people.

or its a worker slacking off.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
look at this.
News Article
U.S. Blurs High-Tech Washington Images
Wed Dec 24, 2:00 AM ET
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/blurring_washington

ATS post
GlobeXplorer Censored
posted on 12-18-2003
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Call it the case of the missing White House. Users of Mapquest's free aerial photo database recently noticed that details of several Washington D.C. government buildings were no longer discernable in overhead images of the U.S. capital.

A comparison of old and new images posted on the government secrecy watchdog site Cryptome shows that portions of overhead color photos of the Capitol building and the grounds of the Naval Observatory, where the Vice President's residence is located, have been distorted -- pixilated into an digital blur."

I also thought this to be a huge coincidence

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
Is it possible that the person was just using his spare time(break) unwisely at the wrong place wrong time?

That's also what I thought, but I didn't wanted to look like I'm only wanting to ruin everybodies fun.

Cuz I also spend lots of spare and non-spare job time on ATS. (yeah, I'm a bad worked, ain't I?)

But what do we know, he could also be digging for news...

Originally posted by Colonel
But, I don't go to other chat sites tho. I stay loyal to ATS---even tho I can be an ass.

I agree you're quite good at being an ass, but what the hell does the rest mean? Don't remember reading (when I signed up and read the license agreement) that a "loyal" ATS-er had to sell his soul to ATS, visit no other "chat" website, and had to totally narrow down his Internet experience by visiting ATS exclusivly? Must have missed some parts...

Oh and Colonel, you can stop sucking now, you're already part of the staff.

(Sorry for my bad mood, Xmas pisses me off)
(Edit: and sorry for picking on you Colonel, I just had to jump on the occasion, cuz you rarely lower your defense like that, and you rarely makes mistakes. And I just can't do it when you're talking about repugnants, cuz you're always right about 'em (or almost))

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by m0rbid]

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well that is excellent.

I must say, this site has come far since its beginnings. Good work all of you for making this such a great place.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's been confirmed (I have a firend who's son is a cameraman at NY1) that the people occupying the workstations behind the anchor person are news editors. Also, they're not allowed to do non-work-related activities at those workstations since it can be picked up by the broadcast cameras. So it seems that we were indeed being referenced for something for a story. I'm trying to find out who was sitting at the workstation in question, so that I can get a name and e-mail address.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's been confirmed (I have a firend who's son is a cameraman at NY1) that the people occupying the workstations behind the anchor person are news editors. Also, they're not allowed to do non-work-related activities at those workstations since it can be picked up by the broadcast cameras. So it seems that we were indeed being referenced for something for a story. I'm trying to find out who was sitting at the workstation in question, so that I can get a name and e-mail address.

damnit!! this is good news..
HOWEVER i strongly recommend LEAVING the person who was looking things up on ATS, he hasn't shown up on here admitting who he really is for a reason...and we could possibly be endangering his "employed" status if he really was wasting precious time.

William, you've done a great job with ATS's performance, a happy new year to all

Cyrus

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord

Well that's just great! I would love to see interestings news on TV, for a change... Anything else than politics and war on terrorism will be welcomed.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's been confirmed (I have a firend who's son is a cameraman at NY1) that the people occupying the workstations behind the anchor person are news editors.

I coulda told you that

News editors always sit behind the anchors desks, then you have the following programs prep team behind them. With normally Foreign and home desks to the left and right.

If his sons a cameraman then you can get us tapes

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus HOWEVER i strongly recommend LEAVING the person who was looking things up on ATS, he hasn't shown up on here admitting who he really is for a reason
Any communication with this person would be confidential... I'm only looking to discover what areas of the site are important to him... and how he uses ATS as a news reference.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join