It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ADD Hoax..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
video.google.com...

I would recommend every parent with young children to watch this and think
twice before putting your kid on ritalin and drugs/medicin alike.

It is all bull*. Energetic active children are not abnormal and do not
require medication lol.
Its completely normal for children to be like that, its not something that
needs to be "supressed" with drugs :/

I dont have children myself but my brother and sister do, they are 4,5 and 9
years old and they are "active" and "creative" and you could even "label"
them as being ADD but THATS JUST HOW CHILDREN ARE when they are that age lol....

The conference about this ADD issue held in 1998 where they attempt to explain
how and what ADD is diagnosed is laughable at best. Just watch the guy
attempt to describe it, OMG?
(goto ~45 min into the video)

[edit on 15-3-2007 by zren]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Um.. Try telling this to someone who has ADD, like myself. Or, ask My wife who has been a Special Education teacher for the past 10 years. ADD is not all about hyperactivity. I agree that drugs are not the answer but ADD is not a hoax. I learned to use add to my advantage late in high school. I was on Ritalin from age 10-14 and it did help somewhat with my concentration back then.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by netobrev]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Doctor...I call you that because after watching one video you sit back and write about a subject you obviously have no real concept of. Do some research on brain chemistry and the effect of stimulants on overactive personalities before pretending be informed on this important topic.

A LITTLE knowledge is a dangerous thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ADHD has to do with Hyperactivity, ADD as far as I know doesn't unless someone is mildly ADHD but doesn't have Hyperactivity in a to extreme proportion.

ADHD = Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder

ADHD kids can't concentrate because they are to hyperactive and need to let out their energy.
ADD kids can't concentrate on anything except if it truely interests them, hyperactivity isn't even a factor in most cases.

I agree fully that ADD and ADHD are diagnosed way to often and that even when kids are correctly diagnosed that way, they shouldn't be stuffed full of medication.

And to say its a hoax, if you ever have known a real ADHD kid, you'd know it isn't a hoax, but imho it isn't all that bad either.

Take your most physicaly active kid that runs around and plays all day and multiply his activity by 10 and then your getting close to how active mildly hyperactive kids are.

top topics

join