It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Hyprocracy from the dems, Left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.jsonline.com...

sentenced four Democratic Party workers to jail Wednesday for slashing tires on 25 vans rented by Republicans to take voters to polls for the 2004 presidential election.

Calling the vandalism more than harmless hijinks; What appears to have happened was a prank, a silly prank that went too far,"

When three GOP staffers jam some phone lines on Election Day, it's election tampering. When four Democrats slash $2,500 worth of tires to keep Republicans from voting, it's "a silly prank".

How Pathetic can one get.........

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's the same thing with the fired U.S. Attorneys. Alleged rapist Bill Clinton fired all 93 when he took office in 1993, yet Bush fires 8 and all hell is breaking loose.

Someone should ask some of the Democrats if this was OK in 1993.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's the same thing with the fired U.S. Attorneys. Alleged rapist Bill Clinton fired all 93 when he took office in 1993, yet Bush fires 8 and all hell is breaking loose.

keep personal attacks out.
now, clinton fired all the attorneys when he took office, big deal. he wasn't the first, nor will he be that last.
the reason the bush administration's firings are disturbing is the WHY

clinton fired because he just wanted to clear out people
bush seemingly fired people to cover his rear

well, i explained why.

now. back to the topic at hand.
i'm apparently a hypocrit because of the words of one person

now, these acts were bad. but the problem is that you're calling a group hypcrits for the acts of 4 people.

however, it would be hypocrisy if the acts were proven to be ordered from the top

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The President has the right to remove anyone for any reason. It's part of the 'power' of the President.

The President does not need to explain himself.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
The President has the right to remove anyone for any reason. It's part of the 'power' of the President.

not if a criminal charge is involved. there are many possible connections to the abramoff scandal here. covering for a criminal is called conspiracy after the fact, it's a crime.

The President does not need to explain himself.

since when were chief executives immune to accountability?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

now, clinton fired all the attorneys when he took office, big deal. he wasn't the first, nor will he be that last.

Ok, why? personal gain? same as clinton, no difference.

As for the voting, dems resort to all kinds of tactics, from giving out cigarettes to voters to helping crackheads get some crack for their vote.
I believe the dems are the worse of the two evils.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Cliton removed all EXCEPT of one. He fired 93 out of 94......

Why did he keep that one if, as dems/libs put it, "wanted to start with a clean slate"?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

As for the voting, dems resort to all kinds of tactics, from giving out cigarettes to voters to helping crackheads get some crack for their vote.

Dead Wrong on all above.

Every administration cleans house after a year. It's traditional. See every damn administration that has taken office.
These particular firings were political and intimidation was at the root of them. This is more than unusual why this adminstration is stonewalling why these attourneys were fired. and why do you think no one is going after LAM? Because Cheney gave the 140 k for Cunningham to get his boat. It's all abused power worse than anything you think that the Clinton Administration did.

The votes for crackheads, is a racist and stereotypical myth for a different racial genetic makeup. And you have to realize X Philes that was engineered in some G.O.P. head quarters. Have you heard of caging lists? That's a reality not a myth. Know about Jim Crow? Same injustice different clothing. They do the same similar tactics to their peers like Mccain and his "BLACK" baby. Do you know about what happened in Ohio? Probably not.

Republicans investigated Democrats 5 to 1 in the last six years. They were able to find literally not that much. This whole administration was paranoid of the "D"in front of a name of a elected official. And it's what is going to bring them down in the end.

Now wait and see what Waxman is going to uncover. Face it Republicans are more overreaching and corrupt than Democrats. It's only been 3 months since the Democratic Party has been in power, and Walter Reed and The Department of Justice is already out in the open. I hope the Democrats do something about it. But letting these hearings take place is important and vital to a democracy. Otherwise X Philes you might as well put on some jackboots and a brown shirt.

I think people are mad who voted for this administration because we got the most toxic one in America's History. It's been literally corrosive for Americans.

And while you obsess about that D in front of the name, more corruption and outright theft from war profiteering, more tax breaks for the top 1 percent,no bid contracts,incompetent cronies in every seat of this administration.

You need to open your eyes,X Philes. Henry Waxman is doing a service for this country. People need to be held accountable when you overreach on America with a authoritarian power. I remember when the Republicans wouldn't hold any hearings and made the democrats hold "meetings" in the basement floor.. You know why? Keep your eye out and see how many more things that this party is guilty of.

You chose the worst party for this country and you need to understand we can't afford a Republican majority any longer for this country.
I'm sorry but that's the truth. And when William Buckley and George Will say this is the worst president and the worst foreign blunder in American History? It's over. The architects of conservatism have spoken.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Every administration fires that many attorneys when they take office. It's traditional. Go read and see every administration cleans house in the first term. That's a fact you can't dispute. And it's a weak talking point,btw. Why do Republican acolytes talk so much in talking points?

I understand you want to believe these talking points that Republicans are less corrupt than Democrats. But it's not true. And this administration has proven it ten fold. Republicans have raped the system literally paranoid of anything with a "D" in front of it.

Firing seven in one month in the last innings of the game? How risky and blatant can you be?

Look at just one of them:LAM She handled the Cunningham fiasco

Hello? This is not going to go away and the thousands of emails released today? It's just going to get more interesting. And as long as the President keeps stonewalling and shucking and jiving, it just looks worse.

Them is the breaks, sorry. Gonzo is going down and it won't be "Quaint"
We don't need a Unitarian executive President.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Dead Wrong on all above.

Every administration cleans house after a year. It's traditional. See every damn administration that has taken office.
These particular firings were political and intimidation was at the root of them. This is more than unusual why this adminstration is stonewalling why these attourneys were fired. and why do you think no one is going after LAM? Because Cheney gave the 140 k for Cunningham to get his boat. It's all abused power worse than anything you think that the Clinton Administration did.

The votes for crackheads, is a racist and stereotypical myth for a different racial genetic makeup. And you have to realize X Philes that was engineered in some G.O.P. head quarters. Have you heard of caging lists? That's a reality not a myth. Know about Jim Crow? Same injustice different clothing. They do the same similar tactics to their peers like Mccain and his "BLACK" baby. Do you know about what happened in Ohio? Probably not.

Republicans investigated Democrats 5 to 1 in the last six years. They were able to find literally not that much. This whole administration was paranoid of the "D"in front of a name of a elected official. And it's what is going to bring them down in the end.

Now wait and see what Waxman is going to uncover. Face it Republicans are more overreaching and corrupt than Democrats. It's only been 3 months since the Democratic Party has been in power, and Walter Reed and The Department of Justice is already out in the open. I hope the Democrats do something about it. But letting these hearings take place is important and vital to a democracy. Otherwise X Philes you might as well put on some jackboots and a brown shirt.

I think people are mad who voted for this administration because we got the most toxic one in America's History. It's been literally corrosive for Americans.

And while you obsess about that D in front of the name, more corruption and outright theft from war profiteering, more tax breaks for the top 1 percent,no bid contracts,incompetent cronies in every seat of this administration.

You need to open your eyes,X Philes. Henry Waxman is doing a service for this country. People need to be held accountable when you overreach on America with a authoritarian power. I remember when the Republicans wouldn't hold any hearings and made the democrats hold "meetings" in the basement floor.. You know why? Keep your eye out and see how many more things that this party is guilty of.

You chose the worst party for this country and you need to understand we can't afford a Republican majority any longer for this country.
I'm sorry but that's the truth. And when William Buckley and George Will say this is the worst president and the worst foreign blunder in American History? It's over. The architects of conservatism have spoken.

Good work, Mr. Gerbik, I gave you a WATS for laying it out like it really is. And wow, I didn't know that Bill Buckley and George Well said that. Good for them.

df1

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What a bunch of partisan bunk. Both parties deserve scorn, but the jokers on this thread want to pick up sides. Until you people get it through your freaking heads that your conservative champions are no more on your side than Teddy Kennedy we will continue getting screwed again and again.

If you want a real conservative, Vote Ron Paul. The rest are all criminals.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by df1]

top topics

join