It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next stage of evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i was just wondering what you guys think about our next stage of evolution.
i dont want this to turn into a argument about evolution being a reality so just humor me on evolution actually occuring.
what could be our next stage, apparently our backs are getting straighter as generations go on, also we seem to be effected by more diseases now then hundreds of years ago, for all the diseases and medical problems wev cured more appear.
could this have to do with us preparing for the next stage of evolution and if so what could it be.?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I believe that in our species at least, Evolution is dead and will be surpassed by self induced modifications to our own genetic code. For humanity, the next stage will be our increased mechanization and specialization in our capabilities. Artists will get more creative, Scientists/Engineers will get Smarter perhap with inbuilt mathematical processors to "take a load" off their minds... and of course Super-soldiers... Some of these will be non-hereditary and other will be passed on to future generations so it really depends upon what definition of evolution you want to play with.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I believe that in our species at least, Evolution is dead and will be surpassed by self induced modifications to our own genetic code. For humanity, the next stage will be our increased mechanization and specialization in our capabilities. Artists will get more creative, Scientists/Engineers will get Smarter perhap with inbuilt mathematical processors to "take a load" off their minds... and of course Super-soldiers... Some of these will be non-hereditary and other will be passed on to future generations so it really depends upon what definition of evolution you want to play with.

Evolution will never be "dead". That's like saying DNA synthesis is "dead". It's a necessary, vital, and irrevocable part of nature. I think human evolution is moving toward accomodating our use of technology, personally.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It should be awesome!

Read up on some of these papers... www.bltc.com... I hope we can make it to such a time w/o nuking ourselves out of existence.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

Originally posted by sardion2000

Evolution will never be "dead". That's like saying DNA synthesis is "dead". It's a necessary, vital, and irrevocable part of nature. I think human evolution is moving toward accomodating our use of technology, personally.

I meant Natural Evolution by Selection through regular breeding or surviving populations(surviving to age of childbirth). I thought I was being clear.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I meant Natural Evolution by Selection through regular breeding or surviving populations(surviving to age of childbirth). I thought I was being clear.

That's what I meant, too. Natural selection still occurs. Do you think it's some coincidence that certain proportions of waist to hip are desirable in women (child bearing ability) or that more successful men are more desirable (money=ability to provide, analogous to ancient hunting ability)?

Natural selection is alive and kicking, despite some people's desire to place us above nature. Funny how we think we're better than the thing that allows us to exist and procreate...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think that without a doubt our biological evolution will be eclipsed with our non biological evolution supported through technological advancement. This trend is so powerfull and pervasive that it is likely to alter our evolution beyond anything that biological processes can achieve.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert S
I think that without a doubt our biological evolution will be eclipsed with our non biological evolution supported through technological advancement. This trend is so powerfull and pervasive that it is likely to alter our evolution beyond anything that biological processes can achieve.

Except for the fact that any non-biological change make will have a biological impact...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert S

Thats a very good point. The age of globalization may be a factor in the impediment of evolution( If thats the trend...we dont know)

Supporters of eugenics are under the assumption that we are devolving, and they have legitimate evidence for it. So the question is: Do we take it in our own hands or wait for us as a species to evolve( backwards)?

Disclaimer: I'm not propagating any of these ideas so dont get personal.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
people advocating eugenics are part of the problem, they just don't see it. the west is stuck in destructive reasoning, for some reason, everything is pre-determined, there is no way out, it's all genes, limited resources and 'winner takes all' mentality. (hey let's duel until only the fittest person survives
)

there's an old thread on the subject, in case you are interested in a closer look at the subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
about the technological evolution some of you guys mentioned check this out www.kevinwarwick.com...
i was watching a tv show about the reality of things like cyborgs (cant remember the name) and he was in it.
there was a demnstration where he controlled an electronic wheelchair through thoughts and wrist movements.
maybe this is one of the first steps into humans being linked directly to machines through implants and such.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I like it how people who are just stating the obvious are always labeled as "eugenics" advocates. It really short-circuits discussions and polarizes debate pretty quickly. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join