It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction Post - Strange Happenings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hello, this is obviously my first post. I stumbled across this site just a bit ago, and thought I could maybe figure some things out here.

Let me start this off by saying that I am in no way associated with the occult or anything of the sort, I've just had a great number of strange happening that I really don't know what to think of.

I guess a good way to begin would be with my first experience. When I was very little, five at the most, I was staying at my Grandma's house. I had never stayed there before, and was having trouble sleeping. As I was laying there, I started to see a vague figure of a man, and what appeared to be a woman. I was understandably very scared, but I continued to look. The male figure started to become clearer, (although the woman did not). It was an older man with a round face and a mustache wearing pajamas with blue and white vertical stripes. He stood there for awhile looking around, but eventually faded away, as did the woman. In the morning I told my Mom what I had saw. At first she didn't believe me and said I must have been dreaming. She asked if I remembered what he was wearing, and what he looked like. I described the clothes he was wearing, and said he looked sort of like Mr. Magoo, (I was little, give me a break!). She seemed troubled by this, and went to a chest in a closet full of pictures. After awhile of looking through them, she came back and showed me a picture. I told her it was him. She said that the man was my Grandpa that had died about five years before I was born and also that he had been wearing the clothes that I described in the room that I was in when he died.

I've had quite a few experiences with "ghosts" since then, but those aren't the only odd occurances I've had.

When I was around ten, after getting into an intense argument with my Mom at a family counseling session something very strange happened. I started to see continuous flashes of light in the sky. They happened only in the areas of the sky that I would look at. I said nothing, assuming that all the crying I had just done was somehow effecting my vision. My mom said something for me. She said that the sky looked very bizarre with flashes of light appearing all over. I told her that they were only happening at the exact places that I would look. She didn't believe me, and I really wasn't sure if I believed me, but I showed her. I walked in front of her and told her to try to watch my eyes and where the flashes were. She was stunned, and said something along the lines of "That can't be real." We drove home in dead silence. Nothing quite like that has happened to me since.

Jump forward to when I was about 15. Me and my Dad were driving home from out of town. It was a sunny summer day, and I ended up zoning out and staring at the clouds. I stare at one and started to imagine I could chisel the clouds into pictures. I would start at the edge of the cloud and sort of erase the parts that didn't fit the mental image of the picture I was trying to make, and imagining the parts that needed to be moved moving into the correct spots. I realized that it was working; I was sculpting the cloud with my mind, (in this case it happened to be Abe Lincolns profile from a penny, a coin being the only image I really had as reference with me in the car). I didn't say anything to my dad, as I assumed that there was no way he would believe me anyway. Shortly after I had completed the image he said something along the lines of "Wow, do you see that? That cloud looks exactly like a penny!" I told him what I had been doing, and he of course said I was lying, and that he wouldn't fall for it. I told him that to prove that I did it, I would make a cloud into a perfect circle, which I then did. He was still skeptical, so then I told him to watch me erase it, which I also did. He didn't say much after that.

I've done that many times since then, but it doesn't seem to work whenever I want.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Although I've seen things inexplicably levitate or move without anyone or anything touching them a very small number of times, I've never managed to do so myself, atleast not intentionally. I'm not sure if you would classify that as some kind of poltergeist, or simply a physical manifestation of the unconcious mind. I'm not entirely concerned with that right now, as I really have no hope of ever actually being able move objects with my mind, ala John Travolta on "Phenomenon".

I have however been successful in predicting things at times, such as having a friend pick a number or shape and then ending up guessing right over and over again, each time a new number is picked. Also correctly predicting coin tosses over and over correctly in a row. As with the clouds, sometimes it works without a single flaw, and other times it will not work whatsoever.

I really don't know why I'm posting this here outside of hoping that maybe there are others here with similar experiences. Maybe someone who knows how to perfect these types of "skills", or atleast point me in the right direction. I've looked high and low on the internet for some sort of knowledge, but for the most part the only things that I find are bogus claims from hippies who did too much acid in the 60-70's, and that doesn't help me at all. I'm all for peace, love, understanding, and enlightenment, but for the most part all that I can find is nonsense, and dozens upon dozens of contradicting claims. Who knows the truth? Maybe no one.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sorry for double posting, but I would really like to know, have any of you heard of anything happening such as I described with the clouds, or the flashing in the sky?

Perhaps some of you "Psions" could attempt molding the clouds into images or shapes like I explained and see if it works for you.

join