It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida jury says death for convicted child rapist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Would it be better if they didn't have lawyers, and anyone sentenced to death would be killed instantly?

Too many false positives in regards to the death penalty to not allow appeals IMO.

Fair point! Limit appeals to PRE-Sentencing. Let them appeal the Conviction, but not the sentence.

I can live with that!

Tim

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Another sad story...Boys Body Found

With four people being charged, including the parents, what penalties will be handed out if all found guilty.

Of course it is way too early in the investigation to make any assumptions, but it makes you think.

Sick world

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
He should not be killed

Ok before you decide to flame me please just read this.

If i had a choice between death and life imprisonment then i would happily die. Death isn't a punishment, it's the easy way out. This guy needs to suffer, in a tiny cell, damp and dark. Minimal food so he stays alive but hungry, no tv, no newspapers, but give him books so he stays sane. Afterall if you lose your mind then you can't suffer properly.

Death penalties are the easy way out and this is why they shouldn't be used. They aren't a detterant either.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I agree with you on this, death is to good for this piece of scum. However I dont want my tax going to finance/support any kind of shelter or food in prison, or elsewhere, for people like this. I would much rather the tax went to help the families of the victims of terrible crimes like these. IMO it would be better to find a completely isolated, hostile, desolate environment where all these perverts and child killers can be dumped and left to fight it out for survival between them. Maybe somewhere contaminated with radiation or something else equally pleasant!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just as I thought...

Everyone wants to crucify this guy, yet are SILENT on corporations like Dyncorp and government officials involved in the sex slave trade. In which 10s of THOUSANDS of young girls are victimized. Let's not forget the ones who pay the ultimate price after being raped; death in a snuff film. But whatever, those kids are just shipped to Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and other countries. As long as it ain't in the Yoo Ess of Aye, I guess.

:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Truthseeka, i've heard of this before but i don't see how it's got anythign to do with this thread. This thread was about one man being killed for what he did, not a conspiracy about governments and corporations.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Judge Sentences John Couey to Death for Murdering Jessica Lunsford
A Florida judge sentenced John Evander Couey to death Friday for the kidnap, rape and murder of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford.
Source

Couey, a convicted sex offender, buried Lunsford alive in two black trash bags with her hands bound and her favorite purple stuffed dolphin tucked in her arms, Circuit Judge Richard Howard said. Lunsford's body was found in a grave in Couey's yard about three weeks after she disappeared.

"He secured her fate with a second bag," Howard told the court.

Howard called the murder "cold and calculated," causing a "slow, suffering and conscious death."

Couey, appearing in a red jumpsuit sitting between his attorneys, looked straight ahead when Howard read the sentence.

This is great news, I was afraid this piece of sh** was going to get out of the death penalty, waty to go Florida.
I hope he dies very slowly and it takes forever.. bring back sparky just for this bastard.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
For those that did not watch the sentencing hearing today, the judge verbally outlined the entire crime, in detail, for about an hour.
Throughout this putrid commentary, the camera panned to the family members in the gallery.

I have never in my life seen so much hurt as I did in the eyes of Mr. Lunsford. Can you even get your head around having to listen to the detailed, brutal murder of your daughter while the killer is only a few feet away from you??!!

I hope he feels some small comfort today but, sadly, I fear he does not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join