It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderators Are Not Above The Terms & Conditions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

all i can say is WOW , in such a short time you seem to have a lot of experience of forum moderators " at work "

i have been here nearly 3 years now - and have not had anything like the experience of moderation that you have aquired in 3 months to allow you to make such catagoric statements about the staff

most of my mod interactions have been unoficial Member to member - as it should be

heck i was mates with gemwolf and wuppy before they got chipped ..... opps promoted

i know some mods have strident views , but have you read the " mods are people too " thread ?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
MODS, hmmm, my experience with MODS so far have been fruitful. I have no problem at all and I find it fair.

One time, I submitted one submission for a current breaking news, and one of the MODS moved my submission to another thread. I received a U2U asking me to be more careful in submitting, to make sure it is in the right thread. Fine, be it. MODS should know best.

But wait, I saw another submission from another member who has the same subject and it was not moved. It generated sooo much reply. Sure, I felt bad and I sent U2U to the MOD asking for some sort of explanation. The answer was something like; "there is no way that MODs can find all the wrong entry and make corrective action".

Very well then, I understand. I thought it's just like watching a soccer game when a referee made a wrong call. (This is not uncommon in a soccer game and usually the mistakes can be seen in the recorded games aftermath) The decision is always final and irreversible. No wonder some say that soccer is a referees' game. In most cases, when this happens, the fans just have to accept no matter what.

In ATS, sure it's a different sotry. I was just trying to compare certain outcome and reaction once a MOD decided to do on something. And once the action has been taken, it is most likely that some (not all) would be irreversible.
And, even in the end that an error of judgement has been found, to the member who's in the receiving end, what can we do? Just accept it. And anyway, hey, it's just a forum.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Actually, I haven't even seen very much MOD participation in threads the last few days. They seem to be laying low. I hope there has not been any hub-bub. MOD's are people too.

I've never had a problem with them, in fact, I think they exercise far more restraint than I would, if I were a MOD, and certainly more than some ATS members deserve.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
They're not above nailing you for a small quote flaw in a month old thread that everybody forgot about either. Other than that, I haven't really seen any bullying or misuse of power at all. That's probably why the quality of the forums is so high. Word.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think you misunderstood me.

I was not criticized the mods and ever said that they were GREAT for the most part.

Everything I say in my previous thread is based on personal experience and seeing it happen to other members.

It doesn't need to be repeated, but I'll repeat it anyway.

98% of my mod experiences are POSITIVE ones. However, there are indeed a couple of mods around here who (IMHO) would be better if demoted.

Trust me, I have quite a few "talkings to" by the staff. I am very familiar with most of them.

I apologize for not wording my post a bit better.

Take it easy,
Jasn

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join