It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America wants you dead, not high!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A California woman whose doctor says marijuana is the only medicine keeping her alive is not immune from federal prosecution on drug charges, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.

A federal court has ruled that this woman can be prosecuted for her "drug" use. Nevermind the fact that she is in fact using a herb as the drugs (i.e. pharmaceuticals) are not working.

The courts are in place to ensure justice is metted out to and for the people, are they not? From my point of view, this woman is being denied justice by the actions of this court. Foolish laws, pertaining to a largely harmless plant, mean this deathly ill woman now faces persecution for the use of an all natural treatment.

This has gone on for long enough. It is time for America, and all nations for that matter, to recognize that cannabis is a useful and even necessary substance for the advancement of human civilization. It is time to tell these special interest groups such as the pharmas and loggers to take a hike and start thinking about the betterment of their fellow man rather than their bank accounts.

Alleviate this woman's sufferings. Free the plant, free the people.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think they like how dumbed down we have become. The more years they keep this up and also the more they step up their efforts to create diseases, put young children on vaccines and riddlin the better off they are. They want to eliminate choice and REAL help.

The part that amazes me IS if weed REALLY dumbed us down then why have't they gone full force to get it legalized and sold in every corner store like alcohol has been??

Weed expands your mind as well. THIS is definitely not what they want and why they will never legalize it. Alcohol makes you dumb while your drunk and will kill you quickly if you abuse it. Weed doesn't do any of the above unless iits garbage.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What really sickens me about this case in particular is that this womans doctor has stated that it is the only thing keepeng her alive, yet that is not good enough for this Federal court. How are people supposed to believe the courts have their best interests in mind when they want to take away the only effective relief this terminally ill woman has?

I'm sure some cooks will turn up in this thread to defend this courts decision, and sadly that will just prove to me that you are correct Leafer, and we have been efectively "dumbed down". Bloody travesty.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, this is one of the bad parts of laws.

I do not agree with the governments position on this matter in any way, but the problem is with these laws, they are written in a manner that has no leway. Unless the persons who wrote the law with the explicit statement that medicinal use was acceptable, their hands are tied. The members of her local community, as well as everyone else, needs to contact her local congress person before it's too late for anybody ele. The woman's doctor needs to figure out exactly what part of the drug is life sustaining, and bring that evidance into court.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Read books.

[edit on 14/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

Dear Mod, why the snip? If you read that as an insult it wasn't the intention.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by AwakeAndAllSeeing]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They don't want us doing anything that will benefit our health.

Big Pharma wants to scare consumers away from prescription drug alternatives
In fact, what is happening in this country today is a chemical holocaust. We have drugs that are killing our children, causing them to commit violent acts and suicide. We have drugs that are killing middle-aged people and, of course, we have drugs that are killing our senior citizens in record numbers. What does the drug industry want to do about it? It wants to make sure that you're afraid of alternatives.
The industry message is this: "Don't you dare touch those herbs. Don't you dare think about vitamins, and don't make the mistake of thinking you can get nutrition from food. You need our prescription drugs to keep you healthy. You need to take these drugs every day for the rest of your life. And just in case you might think buying drugs from somewhere else as a way to get a good deal, we'll scare you with language about terrorists somehow tainting prescription drugs from Canada."

Article Source: Big Pharma scare tactics: How the pharmaceutical industry influences American consumers

If you haven't thoroughly investigated this website:
(www.NewsTarget.com), please do it. The information you discover will blow your mind and change how you think about the organizations who are supposedly protecting us.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Specifically:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

So while you can discuss the news story at hand, please refrain from any personal "experiences" or "recommendations."

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Specifically:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

So while you can discuss the news story at hand, please refrain from any personal "experiences" or "recommendations."

My recommendation was instead of using weed to expand your mind(I was quoting an above statement), to instead read books.

My statement was sniped...but what I quoted wasn't.
So...well yeah.

I'm not whining, I don't really care. Just curious.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Specifically:

Despite what most people think, SMOKING weed in and of itself is NOT illegal.

Possession...illegal. Sale...illegal. Distribution...illegal. Smoking...NOT illegal.

So, technically, people can talk about smoking weed all they want.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The federal government has done some messed up things to people for growing marijuana, such as taking their property as well as life savings, and giving them jail sentences that are wayyyyyyy over-kill. In my opinion, marijuana should be legalized simply to take the burden off our correctional facilities where we have been putting marijuana growers and sellers in with violent criminals, something I find pretty stupid and kind of cruel. Ask any cop whether he would want to deal with a drunk person, or someone who is high. I know that big pharma is in on it, they want to keep their profits up, and alternative medicine suppressed. Such is the reality. Here is a great video by Woody Harrelson, well worth the watch. Its not pot ruining lives, its government regulation of pot.

The History of Marijuana in the US

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hate to get all ideological, but to me this is just another example of Gandhi's "business without morality". In my mind there is no question that western laws pertaining to cannabis are simply a result of the lobbying of large corporations seeking to protect their profit margins and power base.
See Dupont, William Randolph Hearst, Andrew Mellon, and Harry J. Anslinger, just to name a few.

Cannabis is such a useful substance that, were it legalized and utilized, it could bring down the current logging, paper, pharma, oil and fibre industries in one fell swoop; It would quickly become the largest cultivated crop in the world. It is quick, clean, efficient and useful in nearly every aspect of teh civilized world. The only ones who stand to lose out are the one who already have billions invested.

So, looking at this courts verdict, it has come out that these capitalist special interests would rather spread death amongst the "uselless eaters" than a better life for all. This case should be front and center in the media, and it should make you angry. It has gone on long enough. Individuals are both good and bad, but these large corporations are not here to help us, they exist to help themselves, to suck up as much wealth as they can, whatever the human toll.

Now I'm not railing against capitalism in and of itself, but business without morality and politics without principle will destroy us. It's time to establish a "corporation of the people" that seeks to profit only the people. The de-villification of cannabis would be only a small part of this corporations mandate, but it would be a step in the right direction, even if it only eases this womans suffering for one more day. These laws need to be changed, they are not right. The law isn't always right.

Flame on.

top topics

join