It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Soldier Attacked, By Canadians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Canadian Soldier Attacked, By Canadians

www.ctv.ca

A soldier honoured for his military valour in Afghanistan is wondering why strangers beat him up in his hometown bar this past weekend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I know it will be inflamatory to some on the board, but where is the support for the Canadian troops?
I realize y'all are probably not totally happy with your govt. about it's involvement in Afghanistan, but taking it out on the tropps doen't seem fair or right.
I hope the guy(s) who did this pay dearly for it! Or maybe ass a consequence should be offered either jail time or active duty time!

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Send these ****er's to Afghanistan. I'd like them to try to sucker punch the Taliban in some random bar in Panjwaii. Seriously, WTF is going on. I can't believe this happens in Canada.

Disagreement with the war is one thing, but this is the act of a bunch of cowards. Unfortunately for the rest of us these cowards were too smart to go toe to toe with a decorated weapons instructor. Ship 'em out, mine clearing duty, no equipment.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's possible he ran into some people who'd been on the losing end of a fight with some soldiers previously.. they saw him on his own, and decided to take revenge.

Getting drunk and getting into fights is a pretty normal passtime for squaddies on leave, certainly in the UK. It's entirely possible this is just regular testosterone and alcohol fuelled hooliganism. It most likely had nothing to do with politics.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Agreed, feelings for the war aside...although I'm sure thats what drove this man to his actions, that and alcohol!
But sucker punching a returned Vet is as low as it gets!
I had a friend in the military who got in trouble in Florida, he was a prior service member, and the judge gave him a choice...back to the NAV or jail...your choice!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What jerks :shk:
This guy has a wife and two little ones.
What if they took his eye or even his life? His family would lose a father or he would be unable to work anymore.

Hopefully they catch these guys.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks like they have at least one suspect.

ottsun.canoe.ca...

OPP have released the name of the man charged with a serious assault on a decorated Canadian soldier at a Morrisburg bar Saturday.

Travis Baldwin, 21, of Morrisburg is charged with aggravated assault.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Being canadian, this story is just sickening. I am no supporter of the war, but as someone pointed out, thats no reason to take it out on the troops. i have friends in the military and the thought of them returning home only to get the snot kicked out of them by a bunch of thugs at a bar is just angering.

top topics

join