It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" You Don't Know Me "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sound familiar? What is it we truly mean when we say these words? (rhetorical question) It seems the only basis for comparison for saying this would be what it is we know about ourselves before saying this.

Is it not human nature for people to want to both belong, and be accepted for who they are?

It seems that the things we love most are also the things we fear losing the most, doesn't it?

So, inheritantley, it would seem we people love to belong and love to be accepted for who it is we are, and fear not belonging and fear not being accepted for who we are as well.

" You Don't Know Me "

Aren't our actions and behaviors dictated by our intentions?
Aren't our intentions dictated by the things we love and the things we fear?

But, the things we love are often loves we have adopted by those in our surroundings/environment, so that we would have a sense of belonging and acceptance, which seems to be human nature.

So, who we are seems closely related to the fears of those in our social circles.

In an effort to belong and be accepted we often adopt the loves (what others fear losing most) of those around us, and apply the same standards to ourselves, perhaps.

Are we unaware of a social pattern being carried from generation to generation which seems to go a little like this:

1) Afraid of not belonging and/or not being accepted
2) In an effort to belong and be accepted we are allowing ourselves to be defined by the fears of others.

If our inner drive to belong and be accepted is a human characteristic we all share, then are we not permitting ourselves to be defined by the FEARS of others out of FEAR of not being accepted for who we are?

If i were to not permit myself to be defined by the fears of others, would my character be easily recognizable by someone who is subserviant to their adopted and conditioned fears?

" You Don't Know Me "

Then, there are 3 reasons i can think of that makes this statement true:

1) the person recieving the information concerning who it is we are is not recieving the message the same way it is intended by the sender.

2) the person stating this doesn't have the communication skills, the capability, or the intentions of devulging who it is they are.

3) the person stating this is in a state of denial concerning the fact that they do not know who it is they are, and assumes since they do not know who it is they are that no one else truly does either.

" You Don't Know Me "

"Through god all things are possible". When people know the catalysts for their own actions and behaviors, and know their own intentions and the driving forces behind them, then they know the above statement may not be true.

empathy
Empathy
EMPATHY

Is What we LOVE the most defined by what it is we FEAR losing the most?

Love & Empathy,
E.T.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
" You Don't Know Me "

You haven't walked in my shoes.
Take them off...and I will!

If the shoe fits, share it! If not, then wear it!

If we ALL do that then there will be no ugly step-sisters left...just Cinderellas!
And then our ship will come in...our crystal ship...to Port Arthur!

(forgive me, I'm spilling over again...this cup is SO full! I MUST share!)

As for me, I always think about a line from one of Tom Petty's songs:
'You don't know how it feels...to be me.' Perhaps that is what Jesus Christ meant when he said it!

If someone doesn't know me, then it is because I have not extended myself to them.
If they don't know how I feel, as me, then it is because they have not extended themselves to me.
I can only be responsible for that which I do, say, think, and intend.

The best I can do to account for my personal responsibility is to:
#1 do what I intend to do
#2 say what I mean and mean what I say

I try to try my best but yet am not the best at being the best I can be! The only thing I can say for sure is that I won't give up trying.

"Through god all things are possible". When people know the catalysts for their own actions and behaviors, and know their own intentions and the driving forces behind them, then they know the above statement may not be true.

I thought it was 'WITH' God - although BOTH are truth: With love or through love - SAME difference!

Through Christ (the incarnation of God who IS love)we get to know God (love).
And then we know HIS will which is for the good of ALL in truth and love.

Then all things ARE possible...but it is a partnership (teamwork).
We MUST believe in God, in love, in ourselves - if we CAN but believe, then there is nothing WE cannot do...WITH God, through LOVE! But without truth, love is a lie!!!

Without God...chaos.

Dis order
Dis ease
Dis respect
Dis union

With God:
G ood
O rderly
D irection

The sky truly is the limit! The twin towers have fallen. But watch US stand up and be counted! All four ONE and ONE four ALL.

empathy
Empathy
EMPATHY

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
~Mark Twain

Satan?

Who is that?

COULD be:
That old liar, the 'devil'
The DRAG ON (grown up Sir Pant)
S ecret A gen T m AN
Lucifer - the bringer of the light of the day star/truth the way

I've met and known and loved ALL of the above...and I prayed sincerely for each of them in their respective times of heroism/illness/fear/loneliness.

What I prayed for was God's will...safety....comfort...etc.
And I did what I could to help in cases of fear or illness or loneliness but I didn't always see clearly - having no (i) in team, and lacking the mind of Christ, I could not always know best...but I did do what I knew to do.

In one case...in the case of a hero gone off to fight for my freedom...I could ONLY pray.
I prayed like the devil for a brother who was, at that time, little more than an acquaintance, in the tangible....and waited till he returned. And he did! Safe and sound! Now we are closer friends than most people can understand is possible.

ALSO is:
Your adversary
Your enemy
Your foe
Your rival

I say 'YOUR' not to ET but to the reader - ONLY IF it applies...if it doesn't, then it doesn't. That's up to the reader and doesn't affect my feelings or truths.

I exclude myself from that, as well, because I have NO adversary or enemy or foe or rival. Some have considered/do consider/will consider me an enemy or even a mortal foe but I will not consider them anything but a brother...even if they have sought to harm me.

Maybe they didn't know any better is what I always said/say/will say. More than likely it is true. If not, it's ok, too. I still have no reason to set myself against ANYONE. And so I will not!

I have prayed for my God, too...and cried in empathy the same as I have cried for myself. But we are getting over it - what's gone is gone and I've both lost all I had and loved - people, places, and things...and I've given up the same, as well.

I will pray for the ALL and work for the ONE.

Is What we LOVE the most defined by what it is we FEAR losing the most?

It does seem to be!

I fear for our freedoms...as a nation of united individual states. I fear for our self-respect and our sense of legitimate patriotism. I fear for the free world and the third world.

I know I CAN NOT lose my soul - therefore I refuse to lose the world...my soul is my own but the world belongs to us ALL!

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Reminds me of Freud.

The people claiming 'you don't know me' actually mean 'I dont know me'.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That's GOOD, Nat! How true that is...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
antichristian mumbo-jumbo

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kneejo
antichristian mumbo-jumbo

To what, exactly, do you address that description, my friend?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I dont like certain people knowing me too much. When it comes to talking about God or shareing my experces with others about god world. I am all for it. even with complete stangers. But when it comes to my feeling I am not so open. even with family.

One way or other what ever serves God's path.

new topics

top topics

join