It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Woman Loses Medical Marijuana Case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To the government, your pain and death simply don't matter. Hell, if they can't even take care of the patriots who fight their wars for them in the VA hospitals, why in the heck would they give a crap about some poor dying woman and the pain she's feeling? They'd much rather continue gaining revenue from a continually failing war on drugs.

Cut veteran's benefits, destroy and underfund social security and medicare, and beat people back to the fences with things like the Patriot Act and camera surveillance. But hey, something's got to pay for their agenda war against Iraq and now soon, Iran.

It is time for change.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Chissler,
I don't believe that legalizing MJ would be an all-out free for all with no rules and regulations. Children’s use would most definitely be the most taboo of all. To me to decriminalize shows that MJ doesn’t have all the “negative effects” we’ve been told they do. So why the baby steps?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Mistaken post.

Edit to remove....

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Decriminalization is one of the stupidest things ever invented. It is basically admitting that the drug is not bad enough to be illegal but you want to be able to keep phony reason for locking people up so your private prisons can keep raking in the dough. Not to mention you want to keep the black market because that's another place where there is lots of money to be made.

Drugs have been there since the beginning of civilization and they will be there until the end just like prostitution, it will be a much better world when people just realize this and accept it, then we can move forward and help people who get addicted instead of throwing away their life like we do now. It's not going to go away no matter what punishment, it still goes on in places where the punishment is death, if that's not proof I don't know what is. Not to mention if it did go away we would likely lose all good music
, it really is time people just got over themselves and stopped pushing their crazy beliefs on others.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by miraclerock]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
let her smoke

damn

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
She must parade the fact that she smokes weed or did something far worse. I lived in San Francisco for awhile and was in Oakland a few times. From what I noticed, no one cares that you smoke weed, no one cares what you do. The cops have bigger fish to fry. There's a reason getting your medical marijuana card is so easy in California. Those were my observations, though. Even with alcohol they don't really care, especially in the tourist areas.

I think we're not getting the whole story here.

Completely aside from that, marijuana doesn't have any medical benefits just like alcohol doesn't. It changes your demeanor and how you function. It affects your immune system, your throat, your lungs, et cetera.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
Completely aside from that, marijuana doesn't have any medical benefits just like alcohol doesn't. It changes your demeanor and how you function. It affects your immune system, your throat, your lungs, et cetera.

What medical benefits do products like Vicodin have? They relieve pain, they don't heal or fix anything but are very helpful to people who are in need of relief.

I live with chronic pain and would much rather have the option to take MJ than prescription pain pills but I won't do it because the risk of losing my livelihood is more important than doing something illegal.

MJ is a much safer alternative.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Filthy Pot Head deserves to be prosecuted to the FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW!!!

No place in society for this kind of sub-human trash!!!!

The sooner we cull the population of these free-thinking anarchists the better!

Mods please shut down this thread before it becomes another pro druggie infested sewer!

Disgusting!!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fbnks

She wasn't getting crapped on by the local cops or the state. It was the feds who were after her. Reason: they love to make a statement and an example and nothing makes a bigger statement in the minds of the federal law enforcement powers than going after the weakest sheep in the flock. They viewed this woman's plight as a bonus, I'm sure... a situation where (they hoped) anyone considering practicing their Constitutional right to freedom by lighting up a doob would see it and think "Oh God, if they prosecuted this poor lady, imagine what they'd do to me for recreationally growing a couple plants in my closet!"

I'll stop there as I'm not sure if the site is still opperating under archaic sin rules in regard to drug topics and I don't feel like a warning today.

<< 1   >>

join