It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeth's forum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
...and thats exactly what I meant by chinese whispers. You're evidence for this is taken from a book. A book that more than likely was written/rewritten by bad men trying to exploit the 'Jesus following' for the use of power.

Anyone can take an event, write the event on paper in a much exaggerated form; and than send it out as truth. The aim being; to make the event much more appealing so that more people gain interest in the writing.

Of course, I don't expect you or any other christian to change their way of thinking of Jesus just by debating the subject on an internet forum. Christianity has gone way too far for that to be possible. Any chance in revealing/finding out the real truth has been long buried and it's now just a matter of faith. Even than, you have the advantage on that one. It's not very often a child will grow up and question all the years of brainwashing put into their head by the parents and mainstream.

Infact... most will go into denial when a conflicting question does arise.

[edit on 2/4/07 by Navieko]

Well when I first heard this particular argument, I went to learn what it was the Catholic Church believed to see how it correlated with what was in the texts and guess what? There's almost no resemblance to the New Testament for almost 1500 years. lol They replaced Jesus with the Pope and the Pope made up new laws in their own texts, and hid the biblical texts. When Luther finally realized there was a huge problem, he found the only copy of the bible in the entire Cathedral, was in the basement, chained to the wall. It was off limits to the common man, precisely because they weren't teaching it. They were teaching Pope, which was basically a political machine, that modified itself as it encountered new civs, by adapting their ways at some level, finiding similiarities between ideas and metaphors and so on. How else do you explain Catholic Voodoo priests?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Navieko, there was a point in my life where I believed exactly as you do. I understand your point of view and you have all rights to it. But my opinion changed when I realised that I could not see the truth because I thought that being blinded by fairy tales and myth would make me ignorant when the truth was in plain sight to the un-brainwashed person. The truth is that the simplest answer is the best answer. I guess you just have to have a certain understanding to know or maybe the right influence and I know how that may sound, but that is what Christians are here for.
America was founded by Christians so it could become the blessing that God promised Abraham the Holy Land would be. That all nations would flow into it and that this nation would bless the world with its riches. It is also said by Jesus that the end of days would not happen until the Word of God was preached on all corners of the Earth and the chance at salvation was known. How else could missionaries go on their trips to other countries to preach Christianity if it was not the backbone of the greatest nation on the planet?
Free will is Gods greatest gift and it is why in America we have the freedome of religion so we can choose to worship anything we want. But on most corners you will find a Church of God with doors wide open and salvation available. Nobody is pushing you in the door or shooting you because you refuse. The Church is there because many souls embark on a path to find where they came from. It is what fuels curiosity and leads to some decisions that we make regarding religion. For a growing minority of people that instinct is suppressed and hidden. (which reflects the end times we are in)
But for billions of people around the world who claim an organised religion many of them do so because they believe it is right and just. Sometimes the look for ones creater can take a long time and have a very bumpy road but in the end the souls purpose is to be returned to God. That is the drive we feel to accomplish goals and the thirst for victory. Its the strength and drive of our souls and that is the purpose of being saved. To save your soul and return it to God. That is why man has the choice to be free because ones soul needs to experience the bad times and the mixed thoughts to be able to come full circle. Some never do make it, but that is because they lead with theirs minds and ignore what the soul tells them. Its like when you become angry with someone and want to hurt them so badly and when the chance comes you ignore the concious telling you no and hurt them anyways.
Man is suppossed to let the soul lead them in life and love and thats a much happier path to follow. I can completely understand this because I have gone through two divorces and years of pain because I lead with my mind but when I let my soul find its path, I wound up with the perfect person who is all I could ask for. I feel happy and content all the time with her and it makes me feel complete and that I have come full circle.
I did not experience this until I put it in Gods hands and I think that anyone is capable of doing it. This is why I believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and my savior.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Megadeth]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
maybe i should go back and read everything again, but whats the point of this thread? And where does it intertwine with John Lear?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sip

Originally posted by pippadee

Well very soon this has to end. The GOOD people - the correct minded people - of the once great country that used to be a democracy will regain control of that great country of yours and once again shine a light for all the world to follow.

Once great country led by good people? Sorry is there a decade or two of American history that I missed? If history,politics.religion or whatever has taught us is that once a person comes in to power, all this "democracy" and "ethics" get thrown out the window.

Religion should not be used to rule a country, common sense should.

sip

[edit on 4-4-2007 by pippadee]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sadly common sense is not so common. That is why the manuals ( Bible etc) were written. What is wrong with the the manuals basic principle of Love thy Neighbour ?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
it does not account for neighbours that misuse trust invested in them.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The point of this thread was to have a point/counter point conversation with John Lear and myself because I am interested in the claims he makes and in most of what he says I find truth. Truth that has been masked and disguised as something else but the truth is at the root of it.
I was hoping to get more info or have him share more stories and while giving him the benifit of the doubt, he tells me religion is fairy tales and Jesus a joke.
(not a direct quote or anything)
So I guess this is now my soapbox to stand upon, atleased until I get going on my book project again. What I hope to accomplish is to bring understanding of God and how he works and everything he has done in a way that does not alienate the non-religious. It all comes down to knowing the enemy and what they want with you. When the invasion of "aliens" come, will you bow to their power and believe the lies, therefore taking their mark? Or will you look the devil in the eye and help to defeat him?
I want to show how from day one of creation to this day and till the end of days all can be explained with Gods knowledge. The knowledge that man aquired when Adam and Eve ate the fruit.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

I would respectfully request you take your bible thumping and gloom and doom elsewhere. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

You tell 'em Mr. Lear,

Forget about that tradition and history that dates back to the dawn of civilization. Followed by some of the greatest philosphers, logicians and scientists the world has ever known...

We're talking 'bout a seven story soul-catcher on the moon for the souls of the dearly departed, to be later injected into newborn babies... surrounded by lush vegetation, under a beautiful blue sky and in a gravity well that violates relativity. Don't get me started on those so-called "gas" giants, Venus, or judaeo-christian remote controlled 757 plane driving cabals either. That NASA/Newton/Einstein propoganda taint foolin' no one!

Just the facts. ... or what some remote-viewer says he saw (same diff').

Give 'em hedoublehockeysticks bud,
-Rren

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Rren]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow fax

That doesn't change my point.

Actually, it does. We all gain our knowledge based on the accumulated wisdom, learning and so forth, of various Powers That Be. Then we decide which one of those seems most logical to us at any given point in our lives. It's actually a complex set of events, but we condense it into stereotypes so we can harrass each other over it. i personally, can't and won't stop you from believing whatever it is that you want to believe. but i can defend what i believe, at least as far as scripture allows, which isn't much. new testament teaches, if someone doesn't believe it, leave them be. don't bug 'em. it's okay for you not to believe. just remember, it's okay for me not to agree with you either.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by shadow fax

That doesn't change my point.

Actually, it does. We all gain our knowledge based on the accumulated wisdom, learning and so forth, of various Powers That Be. Then we decide which one of those seems most logical to us at any given point in our lives. It's actually a complex set of events, but we condense it into stereotypes so we can harrass each other over it. i personally, can't and won't stop you from believing whatever it is that you want to believe. but i can defend what i believe, at least as far as scripture allows, which isn't much. new testament teaches, if someone doesn't believe it, leave them be. don't bug 'em. it's okay for you not to believe. just remember, it's okay for me not to agree with you either.

Thanks for telling me what i think. What you posted, is an explanation of how your interpretation of my point could be different from the point i was trying to make. Thank you, it was very kind of you.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I got this link from another post on the Alien and UFO forum so for those who have not seen it, give it a look.
video.google.com...

Do you realize what this man is saying? He is describing technology that is so far beyond what humans can grasp that to me it has to come from beings that are so close to God they share in his infinate knowledge.
This engine he describes is a living being that is driven by the mental thoughts of those who controll the space craft. Now lets think about what we know about Greys and how they comunicate, which is telepathicaly. (sp?)
This mans knowledge came to him from dreams which made him a child genius constructing amazing rockets with revelutionary engines. Remember the link between the physical and spiritual realms I talked of before? I would bet everything that this man has been "abducted" many times in his life and given this knowledge so he could be used as someone to bring to light the truth.
The kind of technology he describes is something that would have taken mankind much longer to come by if it had not have been for the Greys who allowed their crafts to crash and humans to find them. They bumped us up our timeline because now we can reverse engineer these things and gain knowledge way ahead of our time.......
You know, come to think of it maybe these events were not directly the medling of Greys but maybe it was allowed to happen so we would have a way to defend ourselves against them when they attack. Compared to the rest of the world and what we see as enemies, using this kind of technology would be a bit of overkill. So if we have something that would not be practical to use on earthly enemies, what are they meant to be used on?
There are no coincidences and no such thing as luck, so we have been being prepared for an intergalactic war for decades. It all must come to a head at some point and I know that both sides are very close to being ready.

The war of man vs alien and the war of God vs Satan are on the same level and all very relevant. This will become clearer and clearer with time.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I feel compelled to share a bit of who I am so maybe people will understand why I feel so strongly about the things I say......

My parents were married for 7 years before they were able to have me. They suffered through the loss of 3 babies in my mothers womb because of my mothers medical condition. She has the same disorder of the Elephant Man, so growths plauge her body but much more inside than out. She has a few on her skin but she does not look like the Elephant Man did.
On top of this she has nerve disorders and other problems so she was told after the 3rd misscarriage to stop trying. She was told that she would never go full-term with a child and if she did, the child would be deformed and handicaped.
She always had strong faith in God and it was after all of this that she devoted her life to Him and prayed that her marriage would be saved by a miracle child. She told me God spoke to her and said that she would have a son and to name him Isaac. God told her that her son would be a profit who lived in the End of Days and would fight for Gods side.
Here I am, 26 years later and I am not deformed and I live in a world where all around me I see the signs of the End Times. It is my job to do what I do and I know that I dont do it correctly yet but I am getting there. For all who read this, all I ask is that you consider the facts and go looking for yourself. I hope you all come full circle.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Please check out this thread from the UFO and Aliens forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to ask you Mr. Lear, if you even do read this what you think of Saturns Hexagon and where did it come from?

I believe that the crazy ringing so many of us hear in our ears cant all be atributed to Tinnitus. I remember when I was a young boy that when I laid in bed at night in complete silence, that I was never really in complete silence. There was always a light humming in my head and as I have gotten older it has gotten louder and there have been times where I have been overwhelmed by it, it being so loud that I could hear it over everything.

Reading the story of one posters music and voices they hear reminded me of an amazing event that happened to me one night when I moved from Florida to North Carolina to live with my sister. The very first night I was there I laid down to sleep and a few seconds after I turned off the TV I noticed a strange sound in my left ear. At first it seemed distant but gradualy it got louder and it was like a trumpet being blown with thousands of whispering voices coming with it. I did not open my eyes and just listened as it got so close to me that it was inside my head. When at its loudest I was paralized and then suddenly it was gone.
I tried to look for a natural explaination but nothing made any sence, untill my mom told me what the Bible describes angels sounding like when they visit. I was literaly touched by an angel that night and soon after was back in Florida where my lifes path has been better than ever. I was being told to return home and that North Carolina was not the place for me. God literaly interviened on my behalf to put me in the right place.

Anyways, I think this persons theory on Saturns Hexagon is a very good one and we all need to keep our ears open as we do our eyes in these days we live in.
God bless.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
You tell 'em Mr. Lear,

Forget about that tradition and history that dates back to the dawn of civilization. Followed by some of the greatest philosphers, logicians and scientists the world has ever known...

We're talking 'bout a seven story soul-catcher on the moon for the souls of the dearly departed, to be later injected into newborn babies... surrounded by lush vegetation, under a beautiful blue sky and in a gravity well that violates relativity. Don't get me started on those so-called "gas" giants, Venus, or judaeo-christian remote controlled 757 plane driving cabals either. That NASA/Newton/Einstein propoganda taint foolin' no one!

Just the facts. ... or what some remote-viewer says he saw (same diff').

Give 'em hedoublehockeysticks bud,
-Rren

Huh?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
I would like to ask you Mr. Lear, if you even do read this what you think of Saturns Hexagon and where did it come from?

I believe that the crazy ringing so many of us hear in our ears cant all be Anyways, I think this persons theory on Saturns Hexagon is a very good one and we all need to keep our ears open as we do our eyes in these days we live in.
God bless.

Every single picture you see of Saturn has been altered by NASA.

The hexagon on Saturn is a hoax perpetrated by NASA to hide what Saturn really looks like.

Saturn is a fantastic planet full of huge cities, structures, bridges..its really almost impossible to describe its beauty and wonder.

But since it has been determined that YOU don't need to know about what it really looks like NASA throws you hexagonic shaped bone every once in a while.

Sometimes they'll throw in a "hurricane bigger than earth" so that you won't think there is any possibility that there are people that live on Saturn.

Hey, its your choice!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
The Summarians knew about every planet in our galaxy and could describe them.

Did they by chance write down the number of planets in the galaxy? This information might be useful to current astronomers. I would have thought that even to most advanced space traveling lifeforms would have trouble determining the total count of planets in this galaxy.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I once knew a man named George Roden. If there are any Waco conspirists out there, you may well recognize the name.

George Roden was the son of the man who founded the Branch Davidians. His father was a complete fundamentalist whacko, as was his mother. George spent his entire life growing up being told he was the next messiah. When his mother was confirmed to have had sex with David Koresh (whether this actually happened or not, i don't know...this is what he had stated before me before he very mysteriously died).

He was crazy, or crazy like a fox..i dunno. He spent the latters years of his life in a state mental hospital. He seemed sane to me, and seemed like a pretty good guy. He apparently killed someone that he believed to be a skinhead hired by David Koresh to kill him so that the will of his father (granting George the deed) would move on to George's mother.

Not sure how true this was...but it was George's story. My point? I went a lot deeper into the story than i needed to because it interests me, but my point is that his parents apparently lied to him.

Your mother sounds like she had some horrible challenges in life, and your life truly does sound like a wonderful gift to a very determined and worthy family. That, in itself, is a good story. But, I would say that you should believe very little in life and just assume that there is a probability factor associated with it.

Just my humble suggestions.

Regarding your belief in biblical matters, i would point out that the God that was furious and violently malevolent in the Old Testament is completely different that the God that Christ spoke of, being passive, loving and compassionate. Doesn't it stand to reason that the ones who were against God in the Old Testament might have been a kinder, gentler Satan than portrayed in the caffeine fueled rants of todays American pulpits?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Saturn is a fantastic planet full of huge cities, structures, bridges..its really almost impossible to describe its beauty and wonder.

So, where is proof of this. Surely this cannot be based solely on a "remote viewer's" claim of something he "saw"? Why is it hard to describe if someone saw it?

You make the statement as though it is fact, rather than you believe it might be.

This is where I begin to have issue with your commentary. I am fascinated by your history and experiences, yet find these kinds of statements to be the ones that drive me to question how someone with that experience could make such dramatic claims.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I will state that, while i don't know about the existence of anything other than metallic hydrogen (or whatever) in Saturn's core...but i can say that i am often left unable to describe things i have seen or been a part of.

On almost every single occasion that this occurs, i am left wondering about the ancients, particularly the biblical ones. I say to myself "No wonder they gave such crappy descriptions."

Now, mind you, I am a very verbose person with a wide ranging vernacular. I am not an easy person to trip up, and it is often a point of honor among my employees when they leave me speechless. I have made my money by turning chicken poop into chicken salad by laying on a smooth coat of BS when discussing matters of business with our client.

Being left unable to describe things is easy. Now, i could give a poor rendition rather easily (like the ancients did)...but a good description requires a point of reference to start, and adequate adjectives/adverbs to complete. Sometimes one can easily lack one, the other, or both.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Megadeath, im coming in late on this but i honestly feel you not only need some mental help from a specialist but you need a whole team of guys working on you buddy. I have to say though i read every thing you said with anticipation. I bet if you do write that book it can be a Fictional Best Seller and maybe movie money to. You should roll with it and see what happens. Hasnt been a good religion end times movie since The Omen. Oh yeah the main thing i wanted to say, just say no, put the pipe down its working you over like a fat guy works some BBQ ribs.

But seriously you dont think as a child growing up in an environment such as yours with an atheist and a evangelical, didnt screw you up. Whos being nieve man come on.

Hope you wernt to upset over the hostages being released..... i guess the devil made Armagededon do it huh......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join