It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if there wasn't a God, we'd still be eternal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This more of a parable, as i don't question whether there is a God, but hear me out.

If there wasn't a God, an the ideal atheist view was the truth of existance or closest to it, we as beings would still be eternal.

We may die, and our bodies are burnt into ash or decay into the dirt until none is left, but we still existed, therefore we still exist.

Hard to grasp that? How could that be, even with no God? well, i'll explain on a scientific level.

Because we existed during a point in time, in the future, when someone or something can view the past by using faster-than-light technology (don't say it's impossible if you're a proponent of the big bang - for the big bang says that in the first seconds of the universe it expanded faster than the speed of light.) they'll be able to see the beings that existed in previous times.

Hell, they could even replicate their identical image into a new image, or take the image and 'decode' it into a dna that would create a likewise being, and then recreate the images of people in new people.

Would you be in control of that future clone? no. But then again we're saying if God didn't exist which he does, so this whole essay is a load of horse dung.

So every single deed you ever performed, even when alone in private, could be viewed by someone, or something, in the future, after you're gone. So truly a man is held by his works even if there is no God. In a future 'human being atheist hall of fame' for the best humans to ever live, you wouldn't be mentioned at all if you had done bad deeds and works your entire life. Don't think its possible? Don't think that human beings have the potential to expand into the stars and do all kinds of whacky stuff we can only dream of? But wait a second, I thought most atheists were humanists, and believed in the true unchained potential of the human brain?

so all of a sudden, humans are puney crap beings that will never be able to do these things, but before, God didn't need to exist because mankind can do anything he wants, in time? that would be a reversal of positions. so if you are a humanist you must accept that in the distant future 'anything is possible'.

and for that reason alone, non believers, you should stll do good deeds and good works, and live thinking you'll be held account of your life and what you did in it sometime after you die. this way, even if there is no God, in an athiest humanist future virtual paradise, you could be there, sort of.

the truth is, by living a good life and doing good deeds, even as an atheist you will still be taken into God's Kingdom and accepted. The Catholic Priest wont tell you that, and he'd call me a heretic, but hey, remember this whole thing is a load of crap anyway. how could you deny God but still be accepted? because God's love for you would go beyond your imperfections, such as your lack of faith, so long as you lived a proper life in God's eyes.

proper in God's eyes isnt any particular religions version of what not to do and what to do to be holy, it is simply what I call collective moral human instinct. non believers often tell me, "im still moral, its not because my parents are christian and raised me to be one, it's because its the natural thing to do, to be decent and moral." when i try to tell them that morality was created alongside religion. So that "natural moral instinct" ? That's what you need to follow to be proper in God's eyes.

Because even if you don't believe, or think so, there is a spark of God's essence in you, and that natural moral instinct? That comes from the spark of God, even if you disbelieve. So follow that with your heart and do not falter non believers, and quite possibly after you die you'll truly awaken to a pleasent something you didn't think existed, on account of your morality and good works.

Some Christians, Jews and Muslims might disagree with me, and thats okay. How could someone deny the existance of God and still goto heaven right? Well, I happen to think religion is imperfect and riddled with manmade, man-created, man-inspired writings and teachings that aren't from God. some of it is from God, and some of it was added by people. You have to weed through the text like a diligent farmer pulling weeds from the crop..

So since religion isnt perfect, religion doesnt really MATTER. Therefore, no baptism is necessary. No circumcision is necessary. Being celibate isnt necessary. Avoiding pork isnt necessary. All of these things .. so naturally this brings me to one undeniable conclusion:

Its not what you say, its what you do. Each man is held to account by his works. That is the end all be all of it. If you are a non-believer and also happen to be a pedophile and rape chldren, you'll probably have an unpleasent afterlife. If you are a PRIEST and you do the same thing, youll have the same results mot likely. So its each man by his works, so just live a good life and you will get what you deserve.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have some questions:

Who is God?
Where is God?
Why are so many people so sure that God's sex is male?
Where is heaven?
Where is hell?
What is an "after life" if we never really die any way?
Who is to say what perfection and imperfection is? It is true that Existence is perfect and if it was not it would cease to Exist through its imperfection, therefore humans are perfect, and the concept of imperfection only comes from the expectations and fears of narcissistic human minds.
Is it that "anything is possible" or that everything all ready Exists? Any thing is possible be cause every thing fathomable all ready Exists.

It's what we say and what we do be cause saying is a form of doing and words do hold importance for many.

What is faster than light travel if Existence is Eternal? An eternal Existence would mean that light all ways has been every where for ever, thus how can it be concluded that it has a speed? Light is every thing and light is every where, speed is not limited.

Thank you for your post and thank you for "time", I only have good intentions ; )

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
God is unisex, people just say "him" because it's a male dominated world.

Where is God? above the firmament .. umm .. beyond the universe? But he's also within all of us.

Heaven is beyond the firmament .. beyond this dimension. what others would call a higher plane of existance? or another dimension? or a utopian world. Messengers from it have quite a hard time getting through to us and often have to be incarnated in flesh on the earth to do so (see: Jesus).

Hell, well, i have mixed feelings about that. It certainly cant be the way it's depicted classically in the bible. I question it's existance. Surely it is not equal to Heaven, nor the same size. Perhaps it is planet Earth. Or this reality/dimension.

Only God can say what is perfect and imperfect, but humans get conceptions of what they THINK is perfect and imperfect, and often declare that they know what is and is not even though truly they do not.

I'd say anything is possible over everything exists.

Everything exists means I just thought of a purple dinosaur named Sam with 5 eyes and 6 legs who lives on the planet that he called #balls in his own language. This must now exist if everything exists.

Rather, i think it is anything is possible. Is it possible for a purple dinosaur named Sam with 5 eyes and 6 legs to exist? Yes. Is it possible for it to be created? Yes. Evolved? Yes, same thing. But does it exist already? I dont know, I'd like to think not.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply.

Beyond the uni-verse? Uni-verse = one-expression. Possibly?
The "universe", the thing the scientists say exploded from a "micro-singularity" and is expanding faster than the speed of light into a nothingness that some how Exists to be expanded in to?

Nothing does not Exist, it is not an existing something, it is a nothing. There is no beyond this "universe", in fact it is referred to as the "omni-verse" = all expressions.

We are in a never ending, never beginning illusional reality that we have come to know as our Existence.

God is uni-sex be cause God is Existence, the every thing, and the every thing is male, female, and more.

Perhaps those that you refer to as "incarnated" are more so "inseminated" ; )

Any thing is possible = Every thing Exists

Your purple dinosaur Exists. Look up at the stars one night and realize that it never stops and it never began, any thing and every thing you can possibly imagine, by default of "Sempiternal Expansiveness", Exists: Space does not end, nor did it start.

I declare that Existence is perfect and I truly know this.

Thank you for your precious "time", rune

[edit on 16-3-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

new topics

top topics

join