It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoonGasTransport Inc. - Russian Plans To Mine Lunar HE3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The only viable fuel for interstellar travel and clean fusion power here on Earth is concentrated on the Moon. For eons it has been collecting this miracle stuff that is deflected by the Earths magnetic field. Waiting for the day that we go mine it from the surface. The stars lie ahead and the moon is first on the path.

"Nuclear fusion is our future, by it requires raw materials. And it is available on the Moon in the form of Helium-3 isotope… The chances of all the players will depend on whether they have independent access to space", - says the head of RSC Energia Nikolai Sevastiyanov

RSC Energia proposed to Roscosmos an ambitious project. The manufacturers of space hardware promise to develop, as early as 2020, a transportation system, which will connect the Earth with the Moon. What we are talking about here is not a series of missions for purely scientific and propaganda purposes, like those accomplished by the Americans back in 1970s. The Russian scientists are planning to get down to industrial development of the Earth’s natural satellite. To be more specific, they plan to mine there the fuel of the future. The President and Designer General of RSC Energia Nikolai Sevastiyanov talked about this project in detail in an interview he gave to the weekly magazine Itogi.

Energia - S.P.Korolev RSC

new topics

join