It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Venus Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I found this thanks to a link given by Byrd.

www.thevenusproject.com...

Is it real or not???
What do you guys think???

If it's real, then there's a lot of work to do in rebuilding this place...

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:51 PM
link   
P.s: My question (real or not) is obviously referring to the intentions and the planning of the people of that project. Not the actual buildings and vehicles below...

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The REAL final Venus project could be very different from these images (especially those cars, LMFAO!(?))
If i could redesing the world, it would be like that...

And that resource based production is very interesting...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Assuming human is a product of million years of evolution, what makes them think that they are the final stage of the advancement?

Question: when will sheople learn?

"When one considers the enormity of the challenges facing human society today, we can safely conclude that the time is long over-due for us to reexamine our values and to reflect upon and evaluate some of the underlying issues and assumptions we have as a society. This self-analysis calls into question the very nature of what it means to be human, what it means to be a member of a "civilization," and what choices we can make today to ensure a prosperous future for all the world's people. "

Answer: Never.

[Edited on 22-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 07:57 AM
link   
its a great idea but sadly flawed.
whilst resources are plentiful, they are still produced by humans, which means humans still need to be part of the production process.

Some people love their job, but sadly most people work menial jobs they have little or no interest in.

remove a financial impetus and all your "resting" actors working in tooth paste factorys are going to stop resting, and the dude who frys your burgers really will walk out to live his dream of being a rock star.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think you guys are right... But it would still be nicer than what we have now though...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting link, interesting thoughts... but what's lacking is a gameplan on how they'll bring it about.

Definately a site to explore when I've got more time.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Utopian gibberish, haven�t we heard it million of times?

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think it's an excellent idea. I hope they pull it off. Whatever job's people don't do, robot's will. We have robot's doing some thing's for our society already... While some people might not like toothpaste factories, or fast food resturants, there are some who do and just might stay.

I personally like the resource based economy. This planet definatley has more than enough of every resources for everyone. But, because of this money based economy, there are millions of people who don't have access to certain thing's. This is just wrong...

I think these things should all be free...or payed by the government's, since there nescessities now'a'day's...

Electricity
Health care
Education
Housing

If we stay with money, minimum wage should be atleast $12 an hour...anything less just doesn't cut it these day's...Trust me...

There are many thing's that should be changed...but it alll comes down to money...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"I personally like the resource based economy. This planet definatley has more than enough of every resources for everyone. But, because of this money based economy, there are millions of people who don't have access to certain thing's. This is just wrong..."

Yup... Because of Capitalism...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 10:41 PM
link   
an interesting point and nicely balancing Tyler's phrase "Utopian gibberish" (which I fancy should be seen as making two points: it's ipso facto "utopian" -but the actual text may also be nonsensical - i.e. there could be something that was "utopian" but, while wrong, was coherently and cohesively expressed)
I wonder, TB -
do you think men are as they are because capitalism is as it is?
Or,
capitalism is as it is because men are as they are?

How would you approach the statement: "Capitalism is simply the efficient institutionalisation of human nature"?

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:04 PM
link   
No, I think men are as they are because they are ignorant of the real meaning of "do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

As a child I always feared and hated people being mean or hating each other or doing each other harm. I never liked something like wrestling (when I thought they were really hurting each other) when I was very little. It seemed very, VERY unnatural to me. (that I actually thought and realized that as a child!)

Even now, sometimes when I hear people raise their voice a little I jump a little.

As with capitalism, the more succesful you are, the more likely you are to hurt someone else, financially, emotionally or in wellness. That, in my opinion has always seemed highly illogical and against the true nature of man & woman.

But capitalism is logical because of the beliefs we have been brought up with in this society (lack, life is hard, you got to work hard, people are mean, there's not enough, you are your body and nothing else etc...)
Something like a second nature, because these beliefs are so much ingrained into us the become habit.

So, in my opinion: "Capitalism is simply the efficient institutionalisation of secondary human nature and NOT of true human nature"

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You can probably deduct from the last post that I have always, since I was a child... LOVED to see people happy and living in harmony with each other...

That is in my opinion incompatible with capitalism...

I even had it with objects sometimes... In my mind as a kid, I thought objects had a consciousness... And I felt bad for something (like a ball or a book) if it got destroyed or the such...
One of the reasons why I hated getting rid of old toys and kept them as long as possible...

Luckily I didn't always have this...
(I loved to torture ants
)

So you see I feel real deep about this kind of stuff...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:17 PM
link   
bloop bleh blah blah bleep blap blaah blope bloope bleepie bloop blapie bloops blapo blop blap

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:27 PM
link   
THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!

As William says...

Anyway, Estragon

This is also why I feel it's important to read this topic
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

This is an important part in it...

"Let me explain: the primary religious value, common to all of the world's religions, is love. The religions of the world agree that Divine Love is the force which creates and sustains our world, and that our primary purpose while embodied is to grow in our ability to understand and express this love. The world's religions advocate that we practice compassion and forgiveness towards others, that we treat people as ends in themselves, and that we not value material possessions. The "goodlife", according to religion, consists, not in the pursuit of wealth, reputation, or power, but rather, in the pursuit of right relationship with the Divine."

Now, the values of our culture are diametrically opposed to the values of religion. Success in our culture is measured by wealth, reputation, and power; and the desires which are requisite for obtaining this success are greed and ambition. Religious values have been safely shunted off to at most one hour a week on Sunday morning, where they are completely ineffective in mitigating the forces of greed and ambition which drive our culture economically. The primary religious values of love and compassion play no role in shaping the economic and political life of our culture. Politicians and corporations seek only to win fame and fortune for themselves; they do not value kindness, they do not seek to share their wealth, and most importantly, they, like everyone else in our culture, measure their self worth according to their wealth, status, reputation, etc. No one gets rich by being kind to their competitors; no one gains political office by being loving towards their opponents. Religious values may be paid lip service to, but they are inoperative in our culture. Indeed, they are fundamentally incompatible with the values which do, in fact, drive our culture.[16]

The reader can probably already see where I'm going with this. Research on the NDE has yielded the following unambiguous conclusion. NDEers confirm the basic values of the world's religions. The purpose of life, NDEers agree, is Knowledge and Love. Studies on the transformative effect of the NDE show that the cultural values of wealth, status, material possessions, etc., become much less important, and the perennial religious values of love, caring for others, and acquiring knowledge about the divine ascend to greater importance. That is, the studies show that NDEers not only verbally profess the values of Love and Knowledge, but they tend to operate in accordance with these values, if not entirely, then at least more so than before."

And this is from a skeptic!!!

(Btw. The main point of the article is the reasons why materialism is dogma and not science)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The Venus Project only have one page???

Im going to try to bring this back 10 years later !

I just heard of it, and its very interesting.
The video is in english but with french subtitles.

www.youtube.com...

This video is a must see.
edit on 29-7-2012 by InS0MnI because: Needed to precise its a must

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

Right on!!!

Awesome ideas for sure to bad everything in our current system will oppose this.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yeah , I dont really see how it can be introduce in our current society but i would love to see it happening for sure.

I need to dig up more into this topic soon.

top topics

join