It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troop Surge Cuts US Death Rate By 60%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Any loss of US Service personnel in Iraqi is Irreplaceale, it make me very sad when I hear of a loss.

This is news that you won't here on the mainstream media outlets.

BAGHDAD, March 14 (KUNA) -- The rate of killings of US troops in Iraq has been on the decline, down by 60 percent, since the launch of the new security measures in Baghdad, according to statistics revealed by the Multi-National Force -Iraq Combined Press Information Centre.

www.kuna.net.kw...

Maybe GWB was correct on the troop surge after all, and where does this put Nancy and the left on the withdrawl now debate?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Call me cynical but I'm really wondering about the accuracy of this. I believe that the spikes in American deaths was related to the 'incident' at Camp Falcon, in which about three hundred soldiers were killed. The deaths were filtered into the numbers over the period of a couple of months.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Call me cynical but I'm really wondering about the accuracy of this. I believe that the spikes in American deaths was related to the 'incident' at Camp Falcon, in which about three hundred soldiers were killed. The deaths were filtered into the numbers over the period of a couple of months.

We lost 300 at camp falcon?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You should stop with the fictious stories.

Care to provide actually proof regarding camp Falcon?

Didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
kavkazcenter.com...

"Over 300 American troops, including U.S. Army and Marines, CIA agents and U.S. translators were casualties and there also were 165 seriously injured requiring major medical attention and 39 suffering lesser injuries 122 members of the Iraqi armed forces were killed and 90 seriously injured members of same, were also evacuated to the U.S. military hospital at al-Habbaniyah located some 70km west of Baghdad."

300 casualties is very different from 300 dead. Even then, there were 3000 there. 10% isnt that bad in a war.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If the current president would have listened to Colin Powell in the first place and we would have used over whelming force, this war would be over. It took 6 years for this president to figure out the obvious, I consider the man a genius!!! NOT!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

Didn't think so.

Of course if there was CONCLUSIVE proof, then everyone would know about it. But there was talk that there was a media cover up about the event.

There are emailed reports, yet to be confirmed, that the number of dead American soldiers at Al-Rashid military base (camp Falcon) has reached 300. See below pictures on the extent of some of the devastation there as a result of just a few Grad and Katyusha rockets (cost: no more than $300 - Effect: estimated at $billions of munitions, structures and American lives wasted)

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well I can't open that link for some reason, but I doubt this is true. On this Iraq casualty page it shows no change yet.

www.icasualties.org...

With 33 troops killed (leaving out the 1 Brit) after 15 days this month averages to 2.2 per day, which is pretty much where we have been. The totals to date are 3197 soldiers killed over 1456 days averages to 2.19 soldiers killed per day since the war started.

Sorry, but so far it has been more of the same.

Edit: Correction, if you look at the two previous months there were 80 soldiers killed in each month that averages to 2.67 per day, which means so far this month that is a drop of 17%, but is still not 60%.

[edit on 3/14/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Originally posted by ferretman2

Didn't think so.

Of course if there was CONCLUSIVE proof, then everyone would know about it. But there was talk that there was a media cover up about the event.

There are emailed reports, yet to be confirmed, that the number of dead American soldiers at Al-Rashid military base (camp Falcon) has reached 300. See below pictures on the extent of some of the devastation there as a result of just a few Grad and Katyusha rockets (cost: no more than $300 - Effect: estimated at $billions of munitions, structures and American lives wasted)

Source

LOL, you actually link to globalreseach.ca?

That site has got to be one of the most biased websites out there. Just check out the page for the USA. www.globalresearch.ca...

but, I must agree with hal9000. There doesn't seem to be a difference in troop deaths.

[edit on 3/14/07 by pugachev]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There has been no incident in Iraq where there were 300 US casualties/fatalities in one day. There simply is no way to cover up something of that magnitude. Between the fellow soldiers(talking to their family and friends), the media, the families of the supposed casualites(talking to their family, friends, media), etc... No ASP has 3000 soldiers guarding it(or even 300), and there's no ASP in close enough proximity to living/working areas to create that sort of affect either. You spread things out so that there aren't catastrophic effects from incoming rounds.

top topics

join