It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A common misconception about the antichrist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
In reading the many threads here regarding the biblical last days and the antichrist, I often encounter speculation as to who he may be. George Bush is thrown out there, Hussein often was before his death, I've seen Rumsfield suggested more than once, etc.

Biblical prohecy can be very difficult to understand. I doubt anyone has it 100 percent correct. After all, the Jews had tons of prophecies about their Messiah and most failed to recognize Him when he came. I think being TOO dogmatic about what we believe prophecy says puts us in danger of being in the same situation. Of course, accepting any old thing that comes our way is dangerous, as well, as we do not want to be decieved.

But, all that is to say that - as difficualt as Biblical Prophecy may be to put togerther, it IS pretty clear that the antichrist will not be someone like Saddam Hussein or even Donald Rumsfield. Why? Not many people LIKE those guys. The antichrist is going to be someone who is very popular, very charismatic, and very likeable.

If Osama Bin Laden all of the sudden took over the world, he wouldnt fool too many people into thinking he was God. See where Im going with this? I suggest to you all that if indeed the antichrist is alive, he is someone we either dont pay much attention to yet, or someone that we least suspect.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiliDog

The antichrist is going to be someone who is very popular, very charismatic, and very likeable.

I agree with you on this.

The antichrist will apparently have the ability 'deceive the elect'; as stated in the Bible.

Whoever the elect are is a matter of interpretation, but undeniably, this AC might even just go under our noses keeping a low profile until the time is right, and then he will immediately come to the forefront of the public eye.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's all a matter of perspective. Lots of people love Bush, Rumsfield, Saddam, and Osama... Just because you don't doesn't mean you're in the majority.

I think you make a good case with your misconsception: if Osama all of a sudden became the world leader, I think there is a huge population that would worship him as a god. Just because the vast majority of Americans (and maybe Europeans) wouldn't doesn't mean that the rest of the world wouldn't.

Besides, I think your biblical prophesy states that he is supposed to decieve the world and nobody will see it coming. Where do you get off trying to figure out who he is, when the bible says you wont be able to, sounds a tad heritical...

[edit on 3/14/2007 by whargoul]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Warghoul,

I am not trying to figure out who he IS. I dont think we can. And for what it's worth, though I am in the minority, I am a Bush supporter. I am not saying NOBODY likes him, or Rumsfield, or Osama, etc. I am saying that they dont have nearly the UNIVERSAL popularity that I believe will be characteristic of the AC. I CERTAINLY know that I am in the minority by supporting most of what Bush stands for. The MAJORITY will love the AC.

Where do I get off trying to figure out who the AC will be? As I stated, I am NOT suggesting he is one person or another. If I WERE, it would hardly be unusual here on ATS. I only post this to offer a bit of a different perspective to the speculation.

What did I say that offended you so much?

Aas far as being heretical, and not being able to figure out who he is - certainly I believe that the "elect" will be able to see the prophecies being fulfilled. So, when he comes on the scene, I certainly believe I will know who he is.

[edit on 3/14/2007 by ChiliDog]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Lol It's Chuck Norris

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Some people seem to get all these ideas about who the anti-christ might be. Possibly born around such and such a time, etc. etc. I remember talking to one guy in a job I had many years ago. He gave me several of the conditions he thought would fit the anti-christ. Then he asked me when my birthday was etc. etc. To his surprise I actually met several conditions he had. Then he looked at me and backed away. That was funny. I also had the same birthday as his. Couldn't be too bad in his book then. Our job that year was hotter than h... working maintenance under a glass furnace about 4 stories underground. Hot enough down there to cook everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

What did I say that offended you so much?

Huh? I was just trying to make a point... No offense was taken, try not to be defensive!

I read a lot of posts about the antichrist, x-ian end of the world (any really)stuff is really interesting to me. BUT, from an outside point of view.

Here is the point I was making: "According to x-ian beliefs, it's GOING to happen! There is no knowing who he will be and you will all be suprised." With that in mind your statements of not enough universal support... blah blah... couldn't be any of these people, etc., wouldn't it be a REAL suprise then if it WAS one of those people!?

A secondary point I was trying to get through (though admitedly poorly) was that I think muslims are really starting to out number the rest of the denominations (both x-ian and others), so someone like Sadam or Osama really could pull UNIVERSAL world support, us westerners are just more of a minority then we care to admit...

BTW, were doomed if it's Chuck...

Wait, was the whole "what did I say to offend you so much?" a passive aggressive attack? Do you use lines like that to belittle people that don't support your views? I'm still not offended, but you should know you don't need to play games with me. I'm a big boy, you can tell me to shut it, or I am being a jerk (I didn't mean to be though).

...I still don't see where I came off as offended?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If Osama Bin Laden all of the sudden took over the world, he wouldnt fool too many people into thinking he was God.

I think your wrong.

or someone that we least suspect.

I think your right.

See where I am going with this?

See where I am going with this?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I like the way you think Chillidog.
Those who know the Bible can tell you that God ALWAYS choose "nobodys" to do his special tasks. Just read the book of John in the new testament. Now since most of us know that God know our fates and whatnot so he infact knows who the antichrist is. And according to patterns, it would seem that he would choose someone who is not at all known that will raise up to greatness. And knowing that pop cuture is always on the raise, one might think that it would be someone famous.

Now what im trying to say is that 99% of todays society worships celebrities, people in the media, controversy ect... So my guess is that the antichrist is prolly going to be a small town kid who made his way to the big time, goes political, has the solution to the worlds problems, and then everyone decieds to put all eyes on that person. My theory in a nutshell.

My solution, dont believe what you read in the papers or watch on the TV

sorry if this post sucks, i dont have my reading glasses.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

As far as being heretical, and not being able to figure out who he is - certainly I believe that the "elect" will be able to see the prophecies being fulfilled. So, when he comes on the scene, I certainly believe I will know who he is.

What if the 'antichrist' IS the elect? What if it is not a 'he?'
What if it is actually Aunty Christ?

Originally posted by AdamSpeaks123
Those who know the Bible can tell you that God ALWAYS choose "nobodys" to do his special tasks.

Are we not all 'nobodies' or else equally 'somebodies?'
Just a thought - I DO know what you meant by that statement and that is a good point to make!

Now since most of us know that God know our fates and whatnot so he in fact knows who the antichrist is. And according to patterns, it would seem that he would choose someone who is not at all known that will raise up to greatness.

Just like Christ!

So my guess is that the antichrist is probably going to be a small town kid who made his way to the big time, goes political, has the solution to the worlds problems, and then everyone decides to put all eyes on that person. My theory in a nutshell.

I drew that once!

That's a crazy theory...did you come up with that yourself, or do you KNOW som one on the INSIDE?

sorry if this post sucks, i dont have my reading glasses.

Your post is awesome! Your spelling is a bit off...but since you are not Mephistopheles it probably isn't worth worrying over!

[edit on 3/20/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Most close of being antichrist in today world is someone like Bush. He is making war in the name of peace, conquering in the name of freedom. And by doing this, he has divided and teared apart the world maybe more than anyone in history (fearmongering and hatred between muslims and christinans).

He have deceived UN and his own people on war on Iraq, and is now making same maybe on Iran and Syria. And he is a leader of the most powerful nation in world today: He is no.1 on planet earth.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

In reading the many threads here regarding the biblical last days and the antichrist, I often encounter speculation as to who he may be. George Bush is thrown out there, Hussein often was before his death, I've seen Rumsfield suggested more than once, etc.

Biblical prohecy can be very difficult to understand. I doubt anyone has it 100 percent correct. After all, the Jews had tons of prophecies about their Messiah and most failed to recognize Him when he came. I think being TOO dogmatic about what we believe prophecy says puts us in danger of being in the same situation. Of course, accepting any old thing that comes our way is dangerous, as well, as we do not want to be decieved.

But, all that is to say that - as difficualt as Biblical Prophecy may be to put togerther, it IS pretty clear that the antichrist will not be someone like Saddam Hussein or even Donald Rumsfield. Why? Not many people LIKE those guys. The antichrist is going to be someone who is very popular, very charismatic, and very likeable.

If Osama Bin Laden all of the sudden took over the world, he wouldnt fool too many people into thinking he was God. See where Im going with this? I suggest to you all that if indeed the antichrist is alive, he is someone we either dont pay much attention to yet, or someone that we least suspect.

Hi ChiliDog
I quite agree with you on what you have written here!
The Antichrist will be popular because he will charm the people with his ways....he will tell the people want they want to hear and not what is necassarily the truth.
He will have his followers and false prophet.

Two prophets shall come before the Antichrist.....Enoch and Elijah.....who will warn the people of the Antichrist........only after will the Antichrist appear,not before.

St. John received the Revelation on "The Lord's Day" that is, on Sunday,the Day of Resurrection became the day of Worship....this is for those that think, that Sunday is not the day for Worship and believe in many other made up nonesense of whatever.
(Kiriaki........meaning Lords Day in Greek, which was later changed to Sun Day to further confuse poor souls ......Also was done with the rest of the days of the week......the days of the week were changed for obvious reasons known to many,but dont wish to understand what is really behind it.......for those who wish to further their understanding, can do so)
Sorry for going off the subject......

The Anti-christ will be an unknown figure to many but he will be known by an elect few.........Anti means
against.
in place of......Christ.
He will be successfull enough to gain whole world recognition by his intelligence and his charming ways.
He will achieve power through the people.
Quote///"He had two horns like a lamb, and spoke like a dragon," (Rev. 13:11
In order to understand what the Antichrist stands for and why he is coming, we must understand what the Whole Bible tells us from the beginning!
When interpreted by individuals like you and me, we get many different interpretations, which is a big mistake.....we have teachers to teach us the basics at school.
We have Laws and so on.....
We also have texts that give us one meaning from early church teachings of how to read the Bible and its meanings.
To assume we can interpret Scripture on our own is allowing ourselves to be fooled into believing we are godly and in need of no teacher to guide us.
This is a deception because everyone has needed a teacher to guide them.....
Our parents have guided us.
Our teachers have taught us.....
so on and on.......

DANIEL.....he speaks of the Antichrist in detail.......
Prophet Daniel of the Last Judgement and on the Antichrist.......the Judge sits on His throne, and before Him is a fiery stream (Daniel 7:9-10)

22.10-11. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand (Daniel 12.9-10).
Source...
conclusion of the eighth day

helen
Edit late night spelling mistakes.....

[edit on 3/27/2007 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

After all, the Jews had tons of prophecies about their Messiah and most failed to recognize Him when he came. I think being TOO dogmatic about what we believe prophecy says puts us in danger of being in the same situation.

I suggest to you all that if indeed the antichrist is alive, he is someone we either dont pay much attention to yet, or someone that we least suspect.

These are insightful statements.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

or even Donald Rumsfield. Why? Not many people LIKE those guys. The antichrist is going to be someone who is very popular, very charismatic, and very likeable.

I agree with all of the assumed qualities except for the "Charismatic" part. The book of Daniel describes him as having a "Fierce Countenance." That is not indicative of someone who is "charismatic." He will be someone with an ANGRY appearance, not a "Charismatic" one.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

or even Donald Rumsfield. Why? Not many people LIKE those guys. The antichrist is going to be someone who is very popular, very charismatic, and very likeable.

I agree with all of the assumed qualities except for the "Charismatic" part. The book of Daniel describes him as having a "Fierce Countenance." That is not indicative of someone who is "charismatic." He will be someone with an ANGRY appearance, not a "Charismatic" one.

Hi speaker/

He will be charismatic because of his lies and deception, this is how he will fool the people, otherwise he will not be accepted as one to bring peace.
He will not show his true self until he fully reaches into power on a world scenario.....from Prophecies that I have read, he will reign for 3 and half years and after that(the second half of his reign) he will not show any mercy toward anyone, even his own people that he has gathered. to himslef and those that did his work...
He will appear at a time when there will be many wars and total chaos in the world.
“He will come after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceit of unrighteousness in them that perish (II Thess. 2:9,10).

He will appear at the time when the two prophets will also appear(Elijah and Enoch)who will tell the world that that there are only two choices to be made....eg/ the path to wordliness or the path to the one true God.
The two prophets("And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them and kill them" (Rev. 11:7) will spread their message globally and after the 3 and half years are up, they will be killed at the same place Jesus Christ was crucified....then after 3 and haly days, the two prophets bodies shall rise and many shall see them .......this is the time that the Antichrist shall show his true colours and nothing will stop him to getting his way.
The Antichrist shall be a man of 'fierce countance'' and those that follow him shall also see this.
At the same time a big earthquake shall befall mankind and chaos will rule.....this is when the Apocalypse comes into action.
We are told to "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (I Peter 5:8).

The Revelation of St. John mentions the appearance of two witnesses, who will proclaim the truth, perform miracles, and, upon completion of their witness, be killed by the Antichrist. These witnesses have been foreseen by some Fathers of the Church to be the two righteous of the Old Testament period — the patriarch Enoch (Gen. 5:23) and the prophet Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) — because only these two men did not die but were taken alive to Heaven. Presumably they will have to return to earth to complete their earthly mission, to suffer for the Word of God and to die as all mortals should.

source

more on the end of days ..............For than shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time; no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened ....Matt. 24:21, 22
Many people will die before the appearance of the Antichrist because the state of the world will be so bad , that not many shall be able to stand the wickedness and evil that shall befall mankind.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; and men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken" ...Mt. ch. 24; Mrk. ch. 13 and Lk. ch. 21
"For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape" ......1 Thes. 5:1-6
"And when these things(sorrows of the last days and right before Judgement Day) begin to come to pass then look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near" .....Lk 21:28
"sign(this is the Cross) of the Son of Man will appear in Heaven," and having seen it "all the peoples of the world will mourn" .......Mt. 24:30
For those that did not believe that Christ was God.

There's way too much info that talks of the Antichrist......many early church Fathers have said all the same thing concerning the last days and qwhat will befall mankind.......we just need to know what signs to look for.....many religions have their thoughts on the last days and most of them are pretty much matched up with each other.
My thoughts anyway!
IX
helen

top topics

join