It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britains Nuclear weapons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To Missguided russian, Hell I dont want that. This is about the united kingdom being able to target anybody with "our" nuclear weapons. Weather they are truely independent. Anyways dont you have new super missile RS24 now

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Is the UK going to get this US defence shield?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Id123 Is the UK going to get this US defence shield?

As far as I know Id123, the Uk is a major player in this system already. I believe the old Golfballs at Fylingdales have been replaced by phased array radars that are pyradmidical in shape.

As such, I believe Saxa Vord, Benbecular and Sornaway (Remote Radar Heads, Scotland), Boulmer (Command and Control, England), Staxton Wold (ASACS Yorkshire, England), Neatishead (ASACS Norfolk, England),
West Drayton, (HQ Military Air Traffic Control Centre [co-located with civvie ATC, London]) are all part of this system.

I think - rightly or wrongly and based on info I received from serving members of the RAF, that this system is up and running and has been for several years.

Apparently, it was Magaret Thatcher who okayed this move with Ronny Reagen before she left office, the work being completed just after Labour came to power.

This would also go some ways to explain why Neatishead was closed a few years ago (apparently being mothballed) and yet having had several millions of £'s spent on it's radar systems.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ones again many thanks fitz, A little of topic from me though. Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join