It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonzales rejects calls for resignation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Gonzales rejects calls for resignation

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Attorney General Alberto Gonzales rejected growing calls for his resignation Tuesday as scores of newly released documents detailed a two-year campaign by the Justice Department and White House to purge federal prosecutors.

Gonzales acknowledged his department mishandled the dismissals of eight U.S. attorneys and misled Congress about how they were fired. He said he was ultimately to blame for those "mistakes" but stood by the firings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abcnews.go.com

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
How can he stand by the firings if "mistakes" were made? Eight people were fired and all he can say is opps I made some mistakes, but I can asure you that it will not happen again. I will be very interested to find out more details for the reasons of the firings once the information is released.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
heck, he's the author of the famous torture memos, and he still got the job....he ain't going anywhere because they chose to fire a few prosecutors. our government has a severe form of terminal cancer, it ate away any moral integrity that was in washington. they don't care, unless of course, caring somehow manages to help them maintain their power.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I do not understand why they would even bring up the idea of having all 93 U.S. attorneys fired. It sounds to me like it was politicly motivated. I hope the truth about this comes out soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Congress should spend their time working on real issues such as SS reform, jobs, housing, and healthcare, and forget about this partisan sniping.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by infoseeker
I do not understand why they would even bring up the idea of having all 93 U.S. attorneys fired. It sounds to me like it was politicly motivated. I hope the truth about this comes out soon.

That is exactly what alleged rapist Bill Clinton did in 1993. He fired all 93 U.S. attorneys. He had the right to do it just as Bush does.

This whole thing is ridiculous. If anybody is playing policits with this it is the Dems, for even making an issue of it.

new topics

top topics

join