It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Milk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Some where in Europe there was a nuclear power plant that had a spill. The spill was a radioactive gas that got on the grass of a dairy farm. The cows ate the grass and the farmers milked them. Then many children died later on. The scientists then tested the milk and found the radioactive gas in it. The farm was "cleaned" and reopened.

What is that was not an accident and it was a terrorist attack? We would have to devolpe a new way to find radioactive materials in food and beverages.

If antone has a good idea about better detection then tell me so I can tell the USDA.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Seems to me if there was an accident of this nature, all precaution would be taken to see what was contaminated. I would say this is the fault of those that were trying to do the cleanup. They did not do enough testing of the outlying areas to see what was contaminated.

They were probably trying to cover it up real quick so the rest of the world did not notice.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Was this a recent event or was it an effect from the Chernobyl disaster?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It was recent. Mabe thee months ago.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Iodine, which is the isotope of concern with milk, has a short half life. Its principle effect is thyroid cancer, which shows up many years later.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That explains why my milk was green!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And this also happened in the United States with the nuclear weapons testing.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Actually that green is all the pus that's in milk, take it from someone who processed milk at one time in my life...don't drink milk, I have not drank it in 15 yrs.

new topics

top topics

join