It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran condemns Hollywood war epic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
How many of the people who went to watch this movie, do you think, went because they thought it was about Iran? (0)

I'll bet that more than half the people who saw the movie don't even realize Iran used to be Persia.

They went to this movie because it was an "action/adventure" movie.

This is all pretty ancient history, the people of Iran now, compared to the people who were there then, are a totally different people now.

Iran's president/government just looks for anything they can find to turn their countries people and other Muslims against the US.

It's only a movie for crying out loud, fact or fiction, it's still only a movie.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
How silly to call americans racist because of a movie.

We Americans are sick of being vilified all of the time.
Without America you would be licking Hitlers boots and Japanese [mod edit: removed profanity] if we had not saved you in WW2.
Remember it was America who sorted these aggresors out.
Arabs are just barbarians goverened by tyrants,despots and other unelected murderous thugs who manipulate the population into hating western civilisation using the stste controlled media.
They are not very bright or innovative.A tiny country like Isreal defeated 5 Arabs countries single handedly in 5 wars defeating and thrashing the living daylights out of them in the Arab instigated wars.

America nourishes and protects western civilisation and ideals of democracy,free speech,innocent until proven gulity.
We dont torture prisioners.We use science and forensics.Arabs simply torture a confession out of any random passerby showing just how retarded they are.
That Xerxes "king" was so stupid.He did not care about the army in his care.
He had dog dung for brains.

I mean if I had been charge I would have simply fired large rocks or bricks/boulders either using catapults or even just manuelly.This rain of rocks coming down on the defenders would have ruined their defensive posture.Also high speed chariots racing towards the Greeks would again have done the same thing, but the moron Xerxes was so stupid and retarded that he killed a 100000 of his own soldiers doing the same stupid thing over and over and over again.Somebody should have stabbed him for that level of incompetance.
He had zero regard for his soldiers lives.

Arabs place no value on human life at all and that is why they are so dangerous and such a menace to modern civilisation.We Americans must stay firm in our resolve to defeat this menace.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by beckybecky]

[edit on 14-3-2007 by beckybecky]

[edit on 3/14/2007 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Don't act like your country did it out of the kindness of your hearts....

[edit on 14-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Take some true facts and use them for underhanded, almost subliminal purposes to evoke just the right emotions and points of view.

I guess you are probably the only one here who understands that.

Forty-seven representatives attended from most of Hollywood's major studios, including CBS, Sony, Viacom, Dreamworks and MGM.

Mr Rove said the studio chiefs had a lot to offer.

This is certainly an interesting informatino - but then again, Hollywood was always making "this kind of movies" in the times of war. In the cold war, there were tons of WW2 movies being made and almost in every movie, from Science Fiction to Drama, you could feel the presence of "The Russians".

So I guess it is time to do "The Muslims" Hollywood way; basicly everybody else is bashing this religion, so why can't Hollywood? Suddenly there are going to be a lot of movies, where Arabs/Muslims are the "Evildoers" - and the "Good Guys" are fighting them off.

In this case, take a real historical event and portray it in such a way to evoke feelings of good and moral heroism in the viewer and make the enemy look like a bunch of rag-tag "barbarians" and voilà! You've helped the "war on terror". Most people won't even know what been done to them.

Well as we both can see, the effect worked perfectly judging by the answers of the the people who have seen it. Some look pretty convinced, that "The Arabs" are just a bunch of dumb, ork like savages, who have lost every single battle. And how 300 elite Spartans fought off an army of 2 million - which is kind of wrong, since if we really look into the Battle of Thermopylae, we can see that the Greek army was actually 5,200+ men and not just 300. But very well - Hollywood did not re-shape history, to sell us a story, for the first time. And judging by the success of this movie and by the responses of few individuals here, I can say that they are getting better and better in sending subliminal messages across to the public.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Funny, when it was the GREEK critics saying all the same stuff a few days ago, no one seemed to bat an eye.

Greek Critics Lash Hollywood`s Ancient Epic "300"

Published on the 8th, but the actual stories ran earlier than that.

The popular Athinorama magazine described the film to a "bloodlust videogame."

and

Daily Ta Nea newspaper gave Zack Snyder's "300" zero out of 10, with critic Dimitris Danikas claiming the film even carried a message about the U.S. war on terror.

"By ancient Persia, they refer to modern Iran — whose soldiers are portrayed as bloodthirsty, underdeveloped zombies," he wrote. "They are stroking racist instincts in Europe and America."

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Interesting, how those Countries, about whom this movie goes (Greece and Iran) are not happy with the movie and are actually condeming it! Yes it is true that this is not a history lesson at university - but still A LOT of people actually belive, that the history was like "in the movies" (which is the saddest part of thist story).

Yet this is not the first time that Iran has protested about a movie. There was outrage over the 2004 epic Alexander which showed the Macedonian general easily conquering the Persian Empire. And funny how there was outrage about Alexander in Greece too. And there was outrage about the movie Troy in Greece. I wonder why people do not like history "American Way"? - filtered through Hollywood and enhanced with tons of digital effects.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Funny, when it was the GREEK critics saying all the same stuff a few days ago, no one seemed to bat an eye.

Of course not, where's the fun in that? No opportunity for some good old fashioned racist muslim bashing if it's Greeks complaining and it doesn't validate the Iranian complaint one bit.

/sarcasm (in case anyone missed it
)

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
No opportunity for some good old fashioned racist muslim bashing if it's Greeks complaining and it doesn't validate the Iranian complaint one bit.

It's not racist at all.The truth is the truth and I proved it above in my post above.
Iran is governed by evil unelected thugs.At night secret police in IRAN and other Arab thug ruled countries come to take you away and torture and murder you and your family and kids.That is a an ESTABLISHED fact.
Ask Amnesty International.
Millions of Iranians killed not by U.S.A bombs but by their own kind.

This is why the muslim menace must be contained and we must invade Iran to stop them getting nukes.

Remember they dont place any value on human life like us folk.

They want to be martyers and get their non-existant 79 virgins in a non-existant heaven.This is why they so driven to be terrorists.They are not allowed open sex and so their sexual craving for virgins allows them to be easily brainwashed by the state controlled media to commit terrible atrocities.

The film only proves the truth about Arabs and should be shown to every Iranian to show them why we consider them to be a very dangerous menace.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Originally from beckybecky

Americans have won every war.

In Vietnam we won again on body count.They killed 56000 Americans.We killed 5 million of them.

In Irak we killed 600000 Terrorists while they only killed 4000 Americans.

Arabs are just barbarians goverened by tyrants

They are not very bright or innovative.

That Xerxes "king" was so stupid.He had dog dung for brains.

Your point of view really offends me, i am sure the majority of americans and europeans agree with me, not to mention the arabs and muslims ats members..

First of all the media were waiting the iranian reaction to this movie, the best commercial ever for the movie..It was predictable that the film would be badly critised by the iranians,and why not? The film really offends their history..I mean what did you expected from them..?to just say ''oh what a great movie, i love it''..??But i didnt saw any extreme reaction from them,did you?

I would be offended too(well..not really
)if the movie was about the glorious Persian empire and their glorious king Xerxes crashing the savages/monsters/dumb/allmost non-humans spartans and their total gaylord king Leonidas.

On the other hand the movie doesnt come accidentally now to offend the Iranians, ofcourse it comes now to cause debate so the movie would sold more, i dont think that anyone disagrees with that..

From my point of view..ok..a movie is a movie..it has many historical inaccurasies..but hey its a movie,and of story.
The Iranians should not be offended of this movie, thousands of years of extraordinary history and culture of the Persian Empire can not fit in a fictional hollywood movie whos purpose is to make money..

But as i said above i was offended by comments made in this thread to offend hundreds of millions arabs and muslims, maybe we should be more causious when talking about so delicant matters and not make trully stupid and racist comments.

p.s the movie rocks

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky
The truth is the truth and I proved it above in my post above.

Oh you proved something alright...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It's not racist at all.

Read your following statement:

This is why the muslim menace must be contained and we must invade Iran to stop them getting nukes.

The Muslim Menace must be contained?

I bet that Hitler used probably the same words - he just replaced Muslim with Jew. And he was kind of racist, right?

The film only proves the truth about Arabs and should be shown to every Iranian to show them why we consider them to be a very dangerous menace.

Firstly - the PERSIANS are not ARABS.

Secondly - how many "Arabs" do you know?

Thirdly - do you always get your information from movies?

Finally - How old are you? Eleven? Twelve?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Of course not, where's the fun in that? No opportunity for some good old fashioned racist muslim bashing if it's Greeks complaining and it doesn't validate the Iranian complaint one bit.

Daily Ta Nea newspaper gave Zack Snyder's "300" zero out of 10, with critic Dimitris Danikas claiming the film even carried a message about the U.S. war on terror. "By ancient Persia, they refer to modern Iran — whose soldiers are portrayed as bloodthirsty, underdeveloped zombies," he wrote. "They are stroking racist instincts in Europe and America."

Well let me tell you that,in Greece this movie is top of the box office at the momment.Noone complaints about the movie,why should?
the greeks are the favored by the movie

The critics vox brought up are from a well known politiced and cultural lover movie critic who allmost always gives the worst cristics at hollywood movies.His opinions doesnt even come close to what the average Greek person thinks about the movie. At tv shows and news the movie is shown as a great movie generally

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoine

Your point of view really offends me, i am sure the majority of americans and europeans agree with me, not to mention the arabs and muslims ats members..

didnt offend me, truth is truth.

and who posted that stupid friggin cartoon? I swear, how many of you lefty types learn your history from catoons or their politics from the friggin daily show or colbert report? If you showed half the individual thought that I see coming from the "redneck, hayseed" right I might respect more of your opinions, but usually I see the same drivel parroted back and it becomes tiresome.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I wonder if Iran would be complaining if the movie said that the Persians won?

This is a non-issue and Iran likes making things out of non-issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
and who posted that stupid friggin cartoon? I swear, how many of you lefty types learn your history from catoons or their politics from the friggin daily show or colbert report? If you showed half the individual thought that I see coming from the "redneck, hayseed" right I might respect more of your opinions, but usually I see the same drivel parroted back and it becomes tiresome.

Now this really made me smile!

So where do you "learn polics" from? Let me guess - Bill O'Reilly?

I get my history and politics lessons from The Family Guy - is that satisfactory?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

It's not racist at all.

Read your following statement:

The Muslim Menace must be contained?

I bet that Hitler used probably the same words - he just replaced Muslim with Jew. And he was kind of racist, right?

Firstly - the PERSIANS are not ARABS.

Secondly - how many "Arabs" do you know?

Thirdly - do you always get your information from movies?

Finally - How old are you? Eleven? Twelve?

Once again, what hitler did to the jews doesnt even compare to US policies towards muslims. We arent packing them in ovens or gassing them in mass numbers.

And what does, "how many arabs do you know" supposed to mean? you think becky is some kind of redneck who has never seen an arab? you arrogance -is what is so revealing. "Oh yes! you ignorant baffoons... *puffs on my ciagarette and straightens my beret* What little know of ze world? *puffs*" ..... Really, this crap becomes tiresome. Just because we havent decided to bend over and take it in the rear from these groups like, oh say, slovenia? or how about the rest of europe?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Now this really made me smile!

So where do you "learn polics" from? Let me guess - Bill O'Reilly?

I get my history and politics lessons from The Family Guy - is that satisfactory?

I say whtever is in my heart!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Once again, what hitler did to the jews doesnt even compare to US policies towards muslims. We arent packing them in ovens or gassing them in mass numbers.

Did I say that? Exucse me mister, but do not put words in my mouth. I said, that what our dear not-racist user said, was very hitlerish like, since he used words like "Muslim Menace must be contained". Now that does sound a bit racist, ey?

And what does, "how many arabs do you know" supposed to mean? you think becky is some kind of redneck who has never seen an arab? you arrogance -is what is so revealing. "Oh yes! you ignorant baffoons... *puffs on my ciagarette and straightens my beret* What little know of ze world? *puffs*" ..... Really, this crap becomes tiresome. Just because we havent decided to bend over and take it in the rear from these groups like, oh say, slovenia? or how about the rest of europe?

It was a question regarding the source of his information regarding Muslims/Arabs. I just want to know if he knows any Muslims at all, or does he base all his knowledge regarding an entire Religion on few movies? And Europe is not France if you did not notice - come visit us, and see it for yourself before you start judging.

[edit on 14/3/07 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wrote

Xphiles said

didnt offend me, truth is truth. and who posted that stupid friggin cartoon? I swear, how many of you lefty types learn your history from catoons or their politics from the friggin daily show or colbert report? If you showed half the individual thought that I see coming from the "redneck, hayseed" right I might respect more of your opinions, but usually I see the same drivel parroted back and it becomes tiresome.

What are you talking about dude?I said that i was offended by the comments made calling arabs and muslims dumb,stupid,savages,slaves and that they should be eradicated from this world..

You agree with this comment?If yes then i shouldnt be talking to you,if not then i am sorry it seems that i missanderstood.

Who talked about learning history from cartoon and politics from daily shows?What are you talking about dude?I said it clearly it was a MOVIE and i really liked it as most greeks did.

I am greek you get that right?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Perhaps worth cheking out.. U can watch the entire doc at youtube Here´s a taste:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Bonebutcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join