It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands Off my Weapons!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Why should'nt I be able to own a tank if I can prove that I am responisble
and not going to go on a rampage?

because with a tank much like a gun is a lethal weapon.

I do believe you are the first person top ever aquate that belief to
liberalism, of the people that I've ever spoken to at least.

I think he may have ment Libratarian, just a guess on my part though

Laws that restrict freedom are wrong, as it stands there are far to
many laws.

yes I demand the government remove the laws restricting my right to park my tank on your front lawn.

Again, in most cases it is not a matter of if you need a gun or not.
I have the right to own a gun if I so choose, and [insert deity here] help
anyone who trys to stop me, or denies someone else (within reason) that
freedom in front of me.

you see here is where you made your mistake, by the standards set by you and others if an 18 year old walk into a gun store and does a police background check and passes he can get any weapon he wants. This 18 year old my in fact be emotionally challenged and spends his free time contemplating his revenge on the high school jocks that used to shove him into his locker and beat him up and so on. He may have no past history of violence but now it’s time for people to die, and he can easily get a weapon to get his revenge.
I’m not against gun owners or the ability to possess a firearm, I just think it should be a long and hard process to get one. To insure that those whom do buy firearms have the mental and emotional strength to own one.

And for those who say well if most people were packing We would be a safer society, my rebuttal .

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I stayed out of this topic on purpose when I heard of the new disaster cause by someone how went troppo with guns.

Out of respect for those fallen and family and to those of this and other threads that are pro gun.

Though my point is and will always be that guns even in the hands of decent trained people,deadly mistakes will occur, though that probably is necessary, especially in places such as America or else where,guns should not be accessible to any Joe Blow.

The cancer needs cutting out! but not by fighting it with more cancer.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Still the age old debate goes on. Progressive my ass...

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join