It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upon the Plains of Cydonia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefofuzzy photos while having to contend with light and shadow deception.

OY if I had a buck for everyone who has used THAT old excuse I'd be a millioniare... It ties right up there with 'its only a rock"

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yeah I can "see it" though if the lighting would be different it wouldnt be so visible. I think its as much a lions head as the happy-face is a happy face, sorry. Thats just my oppion though. Compared to the faces and the bold headed guy I have seen that one... Just looks like a fluke. Ofcourse us humans are fine tuned to see faces and memorize them so its fairly much easier to "believe" in faces in strange places. Could be thats one of the reason I think this one is just a fluke...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonjoI think this one is just a fluke...

And you would be correct... its just interesting that this fluke is in the famous cydonia region...

But here is a point that people miss. In seeing these "faces" and recognizing them for what they are, it opens your mind and sight to better spot anomalies. In effect spotting the faces is an exercise. Once you can recognize them instanly, you can eliminate them and go on to find more interesting things.

The next process is to train your mind to work around the concave/convex illusion that is especially hard on crater and gully images. Its no easy task to figure out what is a depression and what is a rise...

But with practise it can be done, the same way that black and white illusions have one image if you see the black, and another if you look at the white.

This process will help open your mind, whether you believe me or not

Here is a classic to practice on...

Young Woman or Old Lady?

I think the ability to recognize things like this (or lack thereof) is the main reason people see "only rocks" in the anomaly images in the various threads

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok, I think I see some things in the picture. I don't know if it's what everybody else sees. I see a bear, face, skull, lion I think, duck or turtle, funky tribe face and a dog on top.

Sorry for the big picture and bad writing. I did this in paint.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by GonjoI think this one is just a fluke...

And you would be correct... its just interesting that this fluke is in the famous cydonia region...

But here is a point that people miss. In seeing these "faces" and recognizing them for what they are, it opens your mind and sight to better spot anomalies. In effect spotting the faces is an exercise. Once you can recognize them instanly, you can eliminate them and go on to find more interesting things.

The next process is to train your mind to work around the concave/convex illusion that is especially hard on crater and gully images. Its no easy task to figure out what is a depression and what is a rise...

But with practise it can be done, the same way that black and white illusions have one image if you see the black, and another if you look at the white.

This process will help open your mind, whether you believe me or not

Here is a classic to practice on...

Young Woman or Old Lady?

I think the ability to recognize things like this (or lack thereof) is the main reason people see "only rocks" in the anomaly images in the various threads

Oh yeah, ofcourse these days when youre looking at some pictures that your not sure of what to make out of, you can always start adjusting the balance of the color and/or just invert it to get a better understanding of what you are looking at. The thing about black and whites is, you need to really look at the interaction of shadow and light cause there is no real colours to guide you where to look and what to make of something and usually the key is actually in the shadows of the picture which are hard to see without alot of training or the help of image enhancing tools.

Not that it matters what you find anyhow as I have been told how I am an idiot and I am seeing what I want to see and how I am somehow making the stuff up on the picture. So I guess quantum physics must be accurate then when it says that even just the observation of an "object" will change it in a very real way.

Ofcourse I do agree that people sometimes see what the want to see and light can play a trick on your eyes so to speak and lets face it not that many people want to see anything on the moon or mars for example, but still I find it almost distasteful when people claim that theres nothing there just because they are unable to see it right away. Apparently anything you have to look for in an image is not real but merely an illusion.

And yes I do see both the woman and the lady. I see them quite easily actually. And I do agree the head+nose picture is still very interesting and it is possible its actually real, even though its size would be insane. Highly unlikely but surely possible.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gonjo
Oh yeah, ofcourse these days when youre looking at some pictures that your not sure of what to make out of, you can always start adjusting the balance of the color and/or just invert it to get a better understanding of what you are looking at.

And despite what skeptics say, its a perfectly valid method... the image experts in the military and even at NASA do it all the time, and so do the various forensic labs around the world and those enhancements make it into courts...

the key is actually in the shadows of the picture which are hard to see without alot of training or the help of image enhancing tools.

Precisely why image experts get paid big bucks in the various government fields...

Not that it matters what you find anyhow as I have been told how I am an idiot ...

Oh but it DOES matter... you forget something important... for everyone that calls you an idiot, there are a hundred in the wings watching silently that are getting the point. My U2U's and emails show me this to be true...

I simply take it as I am doing this research for my OWN education and understanding, and as I go along I share what I find and once in a while you meet others on that same path. Here at ATS I have found many that share this search, and Pegasus was created because of their support and encouragement.

Just like the lady and girl, once your mind is open to the variables, you will be able to spot other things. Its NOT a matter of "brainwashing" so you see what I see... the example I gave is TRUE it contains both images. Once you see it you will always see it easily and it is an image that is the same for ALL that see it...

And that is the point.. you are training your mind to be more observant. One of the biggest issues with craters is is it a bump or a hole... well once your mind understands the parameters, you can easily tell them apart...

Here is an exercise that illustrates this effect.... when you can tell easily which side of the mask is the hollow back and which is the front you have it made. It will take some practise... Let me know what you find

www.michaelbach.de...

[edit on 26-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefofuzzy photos while having to contend with light and shadow deception.

OY if I had a buck for everyone who has used THAT old excuse I'd be a millioniare... It ties right up there with 'its only a rock"

That's pretty disingenuous. Besides taking the quote out of the context of my post, you're implying there's no such thing. Clearly there is. The most obvious example is the Face. Does the Viking orbiter's photo look like recent imagery? Hardly. And I happen to be fascinated by all kinds of anomolous objects in mars and lunar photos. I meant to post that in a different thread, however, in which clearly members were overworking the evidence and seeing artificial objects here, there and everywhere. I wasn't knocking them, however, just making a simple, truthful observation that such "deception" does occur. Sorry if that "excuse"? doesn't sit well with you.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefoSorry if that "excuse"? doesn't sit well with you.

LOL okay so you didn't catch the sarcasm...
It wasn't a personal attack against you or anyone... and I am perfectly aware of "tricks of light and shadow"

A good study that is pertinent to lunar and mars craters can be seen here...
www.michaelbach.de...

However when the point is made over and over by people who read page one then feel the need to share their opinion about light and shadow or its only a rock... it gets old (not blaming you
)

So... do you have any interesting anomalies to share?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefoSorry if that "excuse"? doesn't sit well with you.

LOL okay so you didn't catch the sarcasm...
It wasn't a personal attack against you or anyone... and I am perfectly aware of "tricks of light and shadow"

Fair enough. And I guess I was a little too touchy.

So... do you have any interesting anomalies to share?

Nope, but I'm an accomplished lurker!
And thanks for the link.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
For Masqua

To big to post in the thread, but this is preliminary study. (Finally had time to examine it...)

Nice work

[edit on 30-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Zorgon, that hawk looks like a Taradactol. It's interesting to see what other people can see. It can be the same figure but someone will see a completely different figure. Like your alien face with a spider. Cool !

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ah yes... if you include the neck that appears unattached... without it I go with hawk...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I just joined this forum and this is my first post.

I have read a good bit of Richard C. Hoagland's work on Cydonia and when I saw this pic of the Lion looking down at the human skull as if it were about to pounce on it I was amazed. Hoagland pointed out how the odds were astronomical that the face was located in an area with some many other anomalies. Having a very abstract picture of the lion utilizing many of the same "concrete" objects is very surprising to me.

Even if some people don't have the skill to recognize the lion it is still very amazing. What kind of intelligent being would it take to put all of this together??!!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I see a lion's head, but no skull. The lion's head however is very prominent. Great post OP.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Lion is very clear if you just flip the 2006 ESA image of Cydonia Mars vertically.
To me both show a lion.

edit on 8/21/2021 by Psalms91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This 2006 image of Cydonia Mars has been taken down by ESA. This is the only place to get it!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join