It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BB&T Business online banking scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
this might be the wrong Forum so sorry if it is.
I wanted to give members a heads up on a scam I received here is a screen shot.
I do online banking and have only one bank and this certainly is not it.

So out of curiosity I clicked the link and Fire Fox2 said

So just a heads up for anyone getting this email.

[edit on 13/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not everyone has software that will tell them a site may be fake.

Another thing you can do is hover your cursor over the link and look at the actual url behind it (normally will display at the bottom footer window on most email programs). If it is not a standard url that the company would use, don't click the link at all!!

It's never a good idea to click on a link that you're not sure of. Always look at the url first. To be on the safe side, don't click the link and just open a window and type the known url to the company website.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
annestacey, you are absolutely right about clicking links that you are unsure of, even opening an email or web page to view can cause all kinds of problems. After I got the email a ran security checks through my system, even though I have up to date virus program scanning incoming email. One other thing banks and credit card company's do not ask for information online, well the one I deal with does not.
When in doubt delete don't even open.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I can't help but stress to users who are dubious of whether an e-mail is the real deal or not, simply don't bother clicking on them unless you see a secure HTTPS link that has been signed correctly for a bank you actually belong to.

In the majority of cases, banks and other online transaction services will advise they never send such communications to their customers.

top topics

join