Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2012 and Mu

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I do not know what will happen in 2012. I have theories though, and here is one that I figured I'd put out. The continent of Mu supposedly sank beneath the oceans due to a chain of earthquakes being triggered by the Earth's polar shift. Scientists today know that we are nearing another polar shift. Perhaps this shift will occur in 2012. What if this shift triggers another massive chain of earthquakes, possibly sinking another continent? Scary thought, eh? In ancient texts referring to Mu, it is predicted that the lost continent will rise again. Perhaps the sinking of another continent may give rise to fragments of the Mu. Or, perhaps nothing will rise and more than one continent will sink. Once again, this is all just theory that I pondered while researching Mu. Possible though...




posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
thats a very nice theory but has a couple of drawbacks that I can see
1) there is no such scientific phenomena as a polar shift
2) there are no ancient texts that mention Mu

but apart from that its solid



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
thats a very nice theory but has a couple of drawbacks that I can see
1) there is no such scientific phenomena as a polar shift
2) there are no ancient texts that mention Mu

but apart from that its solid


actually there are.... Mu was quite popular..

sorry I don't have the sources handy, I've got to go to work soon.. and I don't have the literature handy at the moment... its been some time since I studied ancient civilizations/religions.

[edit on 3/13/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think you'll find there is! scientists have been able to observe the direction metallic elements have ended up in lava flows - they swap alignment regularly over the life span of the earth.

Also see here not read this through yet, could be funny



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
there are no ancient texts that mention Mu
(i know youre going to mention Churchward at some point but if you look further than the end of your nose you'll see that his claims were proven completely erroneous)
there is no such thing as a polar shift
you are talking about a magnetic reversal
magnetic reversals are completely harmless and do not cause non existent continents to sink into the sea with a prophecy that they wil reseurface a few thousand years later
only imagination does that

what is it
i take a few days off and everyones I.Q. drops 50 points ?



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Google the Rama Empire. It was in India, and there are tablets about Mu's history, government, culture, and environment. Also, a polar shift IS coming. I may not be right about it coming in 2012, but it is coming. Also the Sun just had a polar shift 2001. NASA is making claims that the sun will shift again in 2012. Coincidence, I think not. Just Google it, and you'll have your proof.



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
lol
you don't get it do you
the Rama empire was invented by David Hatcher Childress for gullible people to believe in and to make him rich on their ignorance
and for the last time
there is no such thing as a polar shift
you are misconstruing a harmless magnetic reversal




At present, the overall geomagnetic field is becoming weaker at a rate which would, if it continues, cause the dipole field to temporarily collapse by 3000-4000 AD.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Marduck, are you saying that there is no such thing of a polar shift because you don't believe the theory? Here's the theory. Also, laws of physics are theories too and I don't see to many intelligent people claiming that they don't exist.

The uncertainty principal supports the fact that nothing is supported when there's always a chance that "something" alters the idea.

Do you just think you're smart for being the policing force behind what theory is real and which aren't. Honest question.


AAC



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
lol
you don't get it do you
the Rama empire was invented by David Hatcher Childress for gullible people to believe in and to make him rich on their ignorance
and for the last time
there is no such thing as a polar shift
you are misconstruing a harmless magnetic reversal




At present, the overall geomagnetic field is becoming weaker at a rate which would, if it continues, cause the dipole field to temporarily collapse by 3000-4000 AD.

en.wikipedia.org...


I'll attempt to find my evidence later (after work)... but no I wasn't going to use churchward.. or wikipedia.. lol ..



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Didn't Wikipedia run into some controversy over the reliability of its information?



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Marduck, are you saying that there is no such thing of a polar shift because you don't believe the theory?

the site you linked to says at the bottom

Recent work by scientists and geologists Adam Maloof of Princeton University and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, indicates that Earth indeed rebalanced itself around 800 million years ago during the Precambrian time period.[10] They tested this idea by studying magnetic minerals in sedimentary rocks in a Norwegian archipelago. Using these minerals, Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years. This reasoning is supported by a record of changes in sea level and ocean chemistry in the Norwegian sediments that could be explained by true polar wander, the team reports in the September–October 2006 issue of the Geological Society of America Bulletin.[11]

Research using GPS, conducted by Geoffery Blewitt of the University of Nevada, has shown that normal seasonal changes in the distribution of ice and water cause minor movements of the poles.[12]

want me to point out again that the OP is claiming a polar shift and not a pole shift
this means he is claiming that the poles will rotate around the earth as the crust moves under it. this is in fact called "earth crust displacement theory and as i stated earlier appeared in the work of Charles Hapgood (historian not geologist) and championed by Graham Hancock (journalist not geologist)
so could you explain to me how this theory has any relevance on a non existent continent ?






Do you just think you're smart for being the policing force behind what theory is real and which aren't. Honest question.

I think I am being observant for pointing out that the idea that Mu existed is rubbish
and that the idea of a "Polar shift" has any relevance one way or the other
if you want to call me smart thats up to you
but hey
thanks for that anyway




Didn't Wikipedia run into some controversy over the reliability of its information?

it did
but its still a lot more reliable than any link you have actually posted so far in support of your theory of mu and polar shifts
are you going to post some links at some point or are we expected to take your word for it ?



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here are some links, I'll post more when I can find time to look.
www.clearharmony.net... www.crystalinks.com... www.sacred-texts.com... As I have said in another forum, if a blind man throws 100 darts in the direction of a dartboard, he is bound to hit it atleast once. Sounds kinda like wiki.



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
thats a very nice theory but has a couple of drawbacks that I can see
1) there is no such scientific phenomena as a polar shift
2) there are no ancient texts that mention Mu

but apart from that its solid

LOL what are you laughing at??? Your the one who should be laughed at
Polar shifts are real.
(Edit=spelling)

[edit on 13-3-2007 by SKUNK2]

[edit on 13-3-2007 by SKUNK2]



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   


LOL what are you laughing at??? Your the one who should be laughed at Polar shifts are real.

and another ignorant poster joins the fray
ok smarty
could you perhaps explain what a polar shift is ?



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uplifted
Also the Sun just had a polar shift 2001. NASA is making claims that the sun will shift again in 2012. Coincidence, I think not. Just Google it, and you'll have your proof.


It's actually called a Magnetic Pole Shift, and the Sun has one every 11 years. 2001 was the last one, the next one is in 2012. It is not a coincidence that this happens every 11 years, it is a consistent phase the Sun goes through. It IS a coincidence that the Mayan Long Count Calendar ends in 2012 and that this coincides with the magnetic shift on the Sun, but not a large coincidence considering it happens every 11 years.

Edit: I love Marduk.

[edit on 3/13/2007 by The Cyfre]



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk



LOL what are you laughing at??? Your the one who should be laughed at Polar shifts are real.

and another ignorant poster joins the fray
ok smarty
could you perhaps explain what a polar shift is ?


First of all, you need to stop being insulting, stop acting as though you're intelligent about subjects which, blatently, you have no clue about, and learn variations in semantics.

You claim that there is no such thing as a pole shift OR a polar shift.

There are two types of "POLAR" shifts. Geomagnetic Polar shifts, and Axial Polar shifts. Both are equally as real. The ability to prove that geomagnetic pole shifts occured is significantly easier due to direction of metallic substance direction found in sea sediment and lava.

You also claim that a geomagnetic pole shift is harmless? Ok, I'll tell ya what, when we DO have the next "flip", I want to be inside under my 15 million sunblock protective linus blanket, and you stand outside in your shorts and tee-shirt, cuz when the magnetic shield that keeps the harmful UV from penetrating too much of the earths atmosphere decides to move to Zero, I wanna see how long it takes you to turn into a quiche.

And thirdly, the Axial poles are CONTINUOUSLY "shifting" via the chandler wobble...a shift does NOT necessarily have to be a cataclysmic shift...
Also, the Indian Ocean 9.0 quake of december 2004, shifted the AXIAL pole by a VERY minute amount..enough to change maps and reverse the course of the aforementioned chandler wobble for a brief period.
I'm quite certain I can link to ALL kinds of sources to back up my claims (if you decide that I dont know enough about it to speak intelligently on it) if I have to.... OR, you can just take my word for it.

Either way stop with the insults to other members, and STOP acting as though you're an authority on subject matter if you truly arent.


Thanks in advance,


AB1



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
I'm quite certain I can link to ALL kinds of sources to back up my claims (if you decide that I dont know enough about it to speak intelligently on it) if I have to.... OR, you can just take my word for it.


I would personally like to see sources. Not because i don't believe you, but because GOOD sources help make us all smarter and better informed.



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uplifted
I do not know what will happen in 2012. I have theories though, and here is one that I figured I'd put out. The continent of Mu supposedly sank beneath the oceans due to a chain of earthquakes being triggered by the Earth's polar shift. Scientists today know that we are nearing another polar shift. Perhaps this shift will occur in 2012. What if this shift triggers another massive chain of earthquakes, possibly sinking another continent? Scary thought, eh? In ancient texts referring to Mu, it is predicted that the lost continent will rise again. Perhaps the sinking of another continent may give rise to fragments of the Mu. Or, perhaps nothing will rise and more than one continent will sink. Once again, this is all just theory that I pondered while researching Mu. Possible though...


I think it was edgar cayce who predicted that new land would rise out of the ocean off of the US East Coast or something like that during the end of times or during a great change, I can't remember.

Does anyone else remember hearing that?



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Did Edgar Cayce say anything about 2012????



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
According to the Mayan calendar time comes to an end on December 21,2012. This is also known as the the end of the 5th Sun and the human race will ascend to a higher frequency of existance. Sounds exciting to me!

[edit on 13-3-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]






top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join