It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens live inside a hollow moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
edit to subtract

[edit on 13-3-2007 by observe50]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Gravity and magnetism are 2 entirely different things.

Actually no they aren't, trust me, ive done research. Not mainstream research like most are sheep too.

Everything in the universe is held together with magnetism.

Read here for a bit of info on my position.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Connected]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know what science you believe in, but although magnets and gravity have similar traits, they are not the "exact same thing" as you put it in the other thread.

Here's a quick read for you...

Since your questions are roughly the same, I’ll answer them both at once. Gravity and magnetism are not the same thing. In fact, they are totally and completely separate forces. Gravity is a force that acts between any two objects with mass. No matter what they are made of, both objects get pulled towards each other just because they have mass. The reason it seems like gravity only pulls you towards the earth is because the earth is so big that the pull from you on it isn’t enough to do much to its motion.

Unlike gravity, which occurs between any objects, magnetism depends on specific properties of objects. Magnetism can either pull the two objects together or push them apart, depending on which way the magnets point. Most importantly, it depends on what is going on with the electrons in the material, since each electron is like a tiny magnet itself. Most materials are almost insensitive to magnetism because the electrons act like magnets pointing every which way, more or less equal numbers pulling or pushing.

Gravity vs magnetism

Edit to add that maybe we should have a new topic debating magnetism and gravity...I fear it's going to derail this thread if we don't.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by sensfan]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I don't know what science you believe in, but although magnets and gravity have similar traits, they are not the "exact same thing" as you put it in the other thread.

I enjoy your attempt to prove me wrong, but all you did was show me that your link and source is completely wrong. No wonder you don't believe they are the same....

Listen, gravity attracts everything right? Well so do magnets! They just aren't as powerful as Earth's magnet. Your source is incorrect.

Most man made magnets are not strong enough to effect so called "non magnetic" objects. The truth is, there is no such thing as "non magnetic" objects. Everything is attracted to magnets, just not noticeably. The reason man made magnets "only attract certain objects" is because of their high Permeability. Everything with low permeability is not noticeably attracted to the magnet. Since Earth's magnet is so powerful, it attracts even things with low permeability.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gravity = Magnetism

Haven't you herd of the levitating frog??

----back on subject----

There is no reason for the moon, even though it has gravity, to NOT be hollow.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree with Jack Cash...although that doesn't preclude aliens living in *other dimensions* that might be "inside" the moon.

Something to ponder....

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm not knocking Surender_Dorothy's question. I think it would be intriguing if Aliens actually had a base/lived inside the moon, but there is just no evidence.

Then again, our government doesn't tell us everything.

And this is coming from a former Patriotic U.S. Marine.

I used to believe in our country and our government untill recently.

There is just too much corruptness and secrets going on in our government for me to believe everything that they claim.

I would love to entertain the notion that there is an extraterestrial base on our satalite.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connected

The sun, which is made of gas, has the strongest gravitational pull in the solar system. Explain that?

It is completly possible that the moon is hollow. I see no reasons at all for it to not be.

The sun is millions of times larger than the moon or even earth. It is a MASSIVE body of burning gasses and plasma. The mass of the sun (gas or not) exceeds that of everything else in the solar system combined- thus maintaining its pull on us. Gas still has mass, and weight. It is quite huge. The moon is not all that big, compared to a human its gigantic, but not compared to heavenly bodies. In order for an object the size of the moon to maintain the pull it does here on earth, the mass has to come from somewhere. If you hollowed it out, the mass wouldn't be there to create such a strong pull. The kid in me finds the idea of a hollow moon quite fascinating, however the adult in me tells me that this isn't possible - UNLESS there is some form of WAY advanced tech that we have no knowledge of.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Listen, gravity attracts everything right? Well so do magnets! They just aren't as powerful as Earth's magnet. Your source is incorrect.

Your logic is seriously flawed, and not becasue us mainstream sciencers are "sheep".

Gravity maintains a constant pull on EVERYTHING in the universe at all tiems. That means that the tiniest moon on the other side of the universe is pulling on you this very minute. The strength of the pull is determined by both proximity AND by mass.

A magnet operates differently. A magnetic field attracts oppositely charged fields thus creating an "attraction". At close proximity, a magnet SEEMS more powerful than gravity as a simple refrigerator magnet can hold its own weight, plus the weight of a few papers up from the ground. But once that magnetic field is out of range with an opposite charge (i.e. another magnet, or a metalic surface) then you dont have any pull at all, and gravity takes over - thus the magnet falls to the ground. Gravity and magnetism are two VERY different things. There are theories floating around about "gravitons" or particles that create the force we call gravity - but this is all highly theoretical.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I did a search on "Moon" and didn't see any title about why the moon doesnt rotate. Can someone explain to me why the moon is in gravitational lock with the earth? Why do never see the darkside of the moon since it doesnt rotate?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Everything is attracted to magnets, just not noticeably.

Yes, I cherry-picked the best part.

Everything? Including the color red? Is the wind attracted to magnets? Why hasn't my magnetic personality attracted wealth and fame yet?

I am so entertained by the flawed logic in some of these threads. A positive (is), immediately followed by a negative (not). Let's rephrase the sentence.....

It is, and is not.

jra

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
I did a search on "Moon" and didn't see any title about why the moon doesnt rotate. Can someone explain to me why the moon is in gravitational lock with the earth? Why do never see the darkside of the moon since it doesnt rotate?

Firstly there is no dark side, only a far side. But all sides of the Moon get an equal amount of day and night. One day on the Moon being close to one month on Earth.

The Moon does rotate, but at about the same speed that it orbits Earth. So one side is always facing us. It's called tidal locking. There are a number of other Moons that are tidal locked as well. Also, Pluto and Charon are both tidally locked to one another. If you want to read into it more, this link is a good start. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
Your logic is seriously flawed, and not becasue us mainstream sciencers are "sheep".
Gravity maintains a constant pull on EVERYTHING in the universe at all tiems. That means that the tiniest moon on the other side of the universe is pulling on you this very minute. The strength of the pull is determined by both proximity AND by mass.

Key word "Proximity".

A magnet operates differently. A magnetic field attracts oppositely charged fields thus creating an "attraction".

Yes and everything in the universe has positive and negative charges.

At close proximity, a magnet SEEMS more powerful than gravity as a simple refrigerator magnet can hold its own weight, plus the weight of a few papers up from the ground.

There is that word proximity again.

But once that magnetic field is out of range with an opposite charge (i.e. another magnet, or a metalic surface) then you dont have any pull at all, and gravity takes over - thus the magnet falls to the ground.

So you are saying, all the videos of weightless astronauts floating in zero gravity right above Earth is fake? Just like a magnet out of range with an opposite charge, the Earth stops attracting a human once out of the atmosphere. Wow just like a magnet..

Gravity and magnetism are two VERY different things. There are theories floating around about "gravitons" or particles that create the force we call gravity - but this is all highly theoretical.

I still don't see a difference..

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Everything? Including the color red?

Yes including the color red. Color is light, light is photons, photons are magnetic.

Is the wind attracted to magnets?

Yes, the wind is composed of many objects with magnetic charges.

Why hasn't my magnetic personality attracted wealth and fame yet?

Because your personality is not a physical object. With the slightest amount of common sense you would have realized that we are talking about physical objects. I guess common sense is no longer common?

I am so entertained by the flawed logic in some of these threads. A positive (is), immediately followed by a negative (not). Let's rephrase the sentence.....
It is, and is not.

You know what is more entertaining? When someone tries to hard, and fails miserably.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
To have a discussion about a topic like this you have to have at least a basic understanding of the topic. If you are interested in whether the Moon is hollow it takes a little study before having a conversation.

The effects of gravity is very relevant to your question.

Here is a good place to start –

external source link
“Newton decided that the force of gravity on Earth was the same force that organized the motions of the moon around the Earth and the Earth and all the planets around the sun. He invented a formalism and developed mathematical formulas for calculating the size of the gravitational force both on Earth and in outer space.”
“BUT unfortunately, Newtonian gravity falls apart when we try to combine it with what we've just learned about Special Relativity.”

Where Newton fell short, Einstein picked up the ball –
Be sure and click on the link to the next page on top of the page.

external source link “This was where Einstein came in. Not only did Einstein give us the Special Theory of Relativity, but in his quest to make gravity consistent with Special Relativity, he invented the General Theory of Relativity.”

A basic explanation of the Special Theory of Relativity –

external source link
“In Einstein's time they were already learning about differential geometry, but Einstein motivated this field of mathematics even more when he came up with an equation relating the curvature tensor of the spacetime distance function to the distribution of matter and energy in spacetime… “

This article ties it together (sort of) -

external source link
“When two bodies of comparable mass orbit one around the other, Kepler's third law states that a relation exists between the orbital period of the two bodies, their mean distance and their masses.”

This teachers guide from NASA has lots of great info on the Moon. It would give you a basis to start researching whether or not the Hollow Moon Theory is plausible or not. Don’t discount all the material NASA has to offer even if you don’t trust NASA for some reason. Here is the link to the page with the info. You will need a PDF viewer and it is worth downloading if you are interested in the Moon. Click on the “view document” link.

external source link
“The Moon does not shake, rattle, and roll as Earth
does. Almost all moonquakes are smaller than Earth’s
constant grumblings. The largest quakes reach only
about magnitude 5 (strong enough to cause dishes to
fall out of cabinets), and these occur about once a
year. This is clear evidence that the Moon is not at
present geologically active.”
“…older
rocks have stronger magnetism, suggesting that the
Moon’s magnetic field was stronger in the distant
past, and then decreased to its weak present state.”

I’ve never understood why some believe that most people involved in fields related to Astronomy are in on some sort of conspiracy to hide information from the general public. I don’t really buy into things like the Hollow Moon Theory as there is just too much evidence to the contrary. Scientists tend to be more anti-government than most people and if anything they would scream loudly if there was such a cover-up. What I find about the Hollow Moon seems to be claims with no science to back them up. It’s generally presented without substantiation by people who expect you to just accept what they say. It is pure fiction in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Key word "Proximity".

Well you forgot the other part of the equation, mass. Mass plays a much larger role, believe me.

Yes and everything in the universe has positive and negative charges.

Wow, ok you completely missed my point.

There is that word proximity again.

Yes as in the magnet doesn't have any pull on an object that isn't in PROXIMITY to its own generated magnetic field.

But once that magnetic field is out of range with an opposite charge (i.e. another magnet, or a metalic surface) then you dont have any pull at all, and gravity takes over - thus the magnet falls to the ground.

So you are saying, all the videos of weightless astronauts floating in zero gravity right above Earth is fake? Just like a magnet out of range with an opposite charge, the Earth stops attracting a human once out of the atmosphere. Wow just like a magnet..

Um, no. The astronauts aren't floating, they are in orbit. They are constantly being pulled toward the earth, but when you maintain an orbit at a certain speed (no I dont know the speed) you can maintain your distance for a greater period of time. Either way, they are still being pulled toward the earth.

Gravity and magnetism are two VERY different things. There are theories floating around about "gravitons" or particles that create the force we call gravity - but this is all highly theoretical.

I still don't see a difference..

And that is EXACTLY why your logic is completely flawed in this.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
I spoke to some guy a while ago and he told me that the moon is hollow and that aliens live inside. is this true?

It is true that aliens live and work inside the moon but it is not hollow per se. The moon has gigantic caverns as does earth. Within these caverns are huge laboratories and probably living quarters. The same is true for earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What if the moon was artificially created in order to make a gravitation pull? In order to spring life up on earth as setting small molicules of life in the ocean? Maybe we are an experiment that is millions and millions even billions of years old?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Firstly there is no dark side, only a far side. But all sides of the Moon get an equal amount of day and night. One day on the Moon being close to one month on Earth.

The Moon does rotate, but at about the same speed that it orbits Earth. So one side is always facing us. It's called tidal locking. There are a number of other Moons that are tidal locked as well. Also, Pluto and Charon are both tidally locked to one another. If you want to read into it more, this link is a good start. en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

UNLESS there is some form of WAY advanced tech that we have no knowledge of

Like the advanced tech required to cross the vast distances of space? If we take the two parts of this claim as the following: 'The moon is hollow' and 'Aliens live inside it'. If the second part of the claim is true, then this opens the way to all kinds of advanced tech which would support the first part of the claim.

Point I'm making is if aliens have visited this solar system, then all kinds of way advanced tech that we have no knowledge of clearly exist.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by TheStev]

jra

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Um, no. The astronauts aren't floating, they are in orbit. They are constantly being pulled toward the earth, but when you maintain an orbit at a certain speed (no I dont know the speed) you can maintain your distance for a greater period of time. Either way, they are still being pulled toward the earth.

Just to expand on what you were saying Logan. The astronauts that go into orbit are in a constant free fall. It isn't to do with a lack of gravity. If the Shuttle or ISS were to come to a stop, they would fall back to Earth. The same thing can be simulated on Earth with the use of the Vomit Comet when flying an elliptical trajectory. This is used to train astronauts.

Oh and Logan, the Shuttle and ISS fly at about 7.5km/s, give or take a few hundred meters.

Thanks

No prob. Happy to help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join