It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens live inside a hollow moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I spoke to some guy a while ago and he told me that the moon is hollow and that aliens live inside.

is this true?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think he is mistaken.

If the moon were hollow, it wouldn't have the gravitational pull that it does on Earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
that's what I said but he asked me to prove that the moon has a gravitional pull and I was nonplussed.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Actually a lot of research has been done into the Hollow Moon theory - don't know about the aliens tho!

When the Lunar module had taken off, heading back to earth the astronauts discarded the ascent stage of the lunar module, dropping it on the moons surface, smashing the craft and creating a tremor that was picked up by the seismometers and when the NASA scientists heard the data stream, they couldn’t believe what they were hearing.

The moon was ringing like a bell and continued to do so for around an hour. After they had had a chance to analyse the seismological information, NASA declared that the moon seemed to be a hollow sphere with a metallic layer around 34-40 metres deep.

In fact, the UK is planning an unmanned mission to the moon to place more seismometers to examine 'moon quakes'
```````````````````````````
added link

[edit on 13/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If the moon were a hollow sphere then would having a metal layer about 34-40 meters deep make it extremely heavy? Would this explain why it still has such a gravitational pull on Earth? The origins of our moon has been debated over and over with no real conclusion found, so if this were true would it prove the moon is an artificial construction? I think that if it did than myself and others would have to change our opinions about the universe drasticaly.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That's one way-out-there theory.

The moon is responsible for the tides most notably. Its cyclic orbit and approach to earth determine the months as well. Its gravitational pull is so strong that it even regulates menstrual cycles. Apart from the sun itself, it's the most important body shaping and defining the passage of time on earth.

Hard to believe it's only 40 meters thick and hollow.

Also, in view of the enormous impact craters and ancient lava flows (the lunar "seas") this is simply impossible. Unless you want to believe it was constructed and the surface is a very impressively detailed stage set.

Where'd that external quote come from, Now Then, btw?

[edit on 13-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
that's what I said but he asked me to prove that the moon has a gravitional pull and I was nonplussed.

Did you tell him the tides are proof of the moon's gravitation pull on earth? If I were you, I would have said prove to me the moon is hollow.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
But then there are a number of people who report/believe that there are alien bases on the dark side of the moon we never see, and that one of the major reasons for alien visitation is the search for precious metals.

I've read some abduction reports that have said as much.

If so, maybe they've hollowed out the moon over the millenia in a huge mining operation. But of course this begs the question of where they put all that talus and how they smelted it--I doubt they simply carried the ore off on interstellar ore trains.

Impossible to prove any of that though, it's supposition built upon supposition.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Objects don't necessarily have to be hollow to 'ring'. The right materials, when struck, can vibrate and produce a 'ringing' tone.

I wish I knew where exactly, but there is a field of rocks somewhere in the Eastern US known for just such a phenomena. People gather with hammers and happily pound away, producing some pretty neat tones.

I was thinking of the tides also, then realized...how do you prove the moon actually causes tides? See, outrageous claims can be nearly impossible to refute, simply because of their outrageousness (sic).

Tell them, you flew there, checked the gravity meter and, yep, its working just fine. If they say, prove it....respond with, "nope, don't have to, I know its true"

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The gravitational pull?
What if Aliens found out how to create an artificial gravity ''whatsitcalled'' to emulate ''gravitational pull''.

That way you'd still have a hollow alien base, with a sort of reactor in the middle that generates gravitational pull.

Like an artificial black hole

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
The gravitational pull?
What if Aliens found out how to create an artificial gravity ''whatsitcalled'' to emulate ''gravitational pull''.

That way you'd still have a hollow alien base, with a sort of reactor in the middle that generates gravitational pull.

wow that's crazy and interesting...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If we believe that Aliens are traveling across the galaxy or the universe, who knows what other technology that they have. They could do stuff that would blow our minds here on Earth.

Think about it, if they are traveling the universe, they are theoreticaly time traveling. If you travel from point A to point B, and its thousands or hundreds of light years away, I doubt that it really takes them that long to get from point a to point b.

They can probably do/controll stuff that we can't even dream of.

I'm not saying that I believe that our moon is hollow, I'm just saaying that they can probably do things that we can't even comprehend right now.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash
They can probably do/controll stuff that we can't even dream of.

I'm not saying that I believe that our moon is hollow, I'm just saaying that they can probably do things that we can't even comprehend right now.

Like making someone believe the Moon is hollow?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hollowing out a planet or a planets satelite seems a little too far fetched though.

IMO

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust wikipedia. If a blind man throws 100 darts in the direction of a dartboard, he is bound to hit it atleast once. Kinda sounds like wiki.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think its funny people doubt the moon is hollow for no reason at all. For every theory, there is an anti-theory person, waiting to disagree for usualy no good reason.

What person said it can't be hollow because it has gravity??? That is so entirly false that I can't understand why someone said it, and nobody debated it.

The sun, which is made of gas, has the strongest gravitational pull in the solar system. Explain that?

It is completly possible that the moon is hollow. I see no reasons at all for it to not be.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
The gravitational pull?

OK, we need to review Occam's razor once again. IF here is no need to invent a hypothesis to explan something - don't. It is ALWAYS possible to come up with a more outlandish, house-of-cards type of hypothesis, and we need some way to filter those out.

Introducing a practically omnipotent agent into a hypothesis leads to the type of "explanation" that explains nothing because it explains everything. (un)Intelligent Design suffers from this (and many other) flaw, as does the ET hypothesis, although arguably to a lesser extent.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
connected, the sun is many times bigger than the earth & contains 99.9% of the solar systems mass. The moon is many time ssmaller than earth- it cant be hollow or gas inside

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
it cant be hollow or gas inside

Why can't it?? Please explain.. please do... I beg you.

My belief is that gravity = magnetism. So, good luck.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Connected]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connected

Originally posted by yeti101
it cant be hollow or gas inside

Why can't it?? Please explain.. please do... I beg you.

My belief is that gravity = magnetism. So, good luck.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Connected]

Well if that's what you're going on....gravity = magnetism, then your starting with a flaw. Gravity and magnetism are 2 entirely different things.

To the OP, check out the ATS search function..there are MANY LONG threads discussing hollow moon...no need to rehash it all again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join