It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of unusual skin condition, keratin-like matter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was going to say the same thing about the rabbits. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it came from.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valombre
why he wait so long before receiving treatment.

Because he's poor and doesn't live in a country that can probably treat this type of thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I recognize those images. His name is Dede Koswara, and yes he was too poor to receive treatment until a doctor who heard of his case offered to treat him for free. I could have sworn in the documentary I watched that he had a combination of an immunodeficiency disease (genetically inherited) and human papillomavirus. But the internet says he has Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis aka. Lewandowsky-Lutz dysplasia.

If you look up "Tree Man", "Dede Koswara", or "half man half tree" you'll find out more info on him.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I'm surprised more people aren't finding this interesting and posting about it.

Oh well, maybe it's the gross out factor.

-The Big O

I am interested but had to check every damn mole or spot on my body then spent an hour itching. Poor guy that stuff looks weird as hell.

On this board I am surprised nobody has said it's a mix with reptillian DNA

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I actually was watching that show. The American doctor said that it was a type of HPV and that he needed to be treated for that. As soon as the doctor was gonna treat him the country where he lives at, the ambulance came and took him away (I'm guessing they wanted their doctors to be exposed for "curing" this) so they took him to the hospital and cut most of it away. The American doctor said that cutting it away won't do anything for him except for cutting it away, it wont treat him, it would just grow back. After he went into surgery and came out he looked better but he can hardly walk or use his hands (the growth went to some of his bones so they couldnt do anything about that). Im guessing that he was forced to have the surgery by the country or else he would be put in jail because he seemed like he wanted the American doctor to treat him. And wtf what kind of HPV can do that to a human body, he looks like a tree or like hes becoming a mushroom. Very scary and freaky. If anyone has an update to the story after this, please post, I wanna know the outcome.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Your telling me no one on here has heard of "The Tree Man"?

www.youtube.com...

I mean its had 6million hits!!

[edit on 8-1-2009 by zerozero00]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i read about innovative research on persons with similar skin growths that indicated HPV ravaging the body of someone with a compromised immune system, which is why removal of the warts does not resolve the issue, the HPV must be treated from within then removal of the warts that remain.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That has been shown on the Discovery Channel many times, the full story can be read and watched here: www.discoverychannel.co.uk...

[edit on 3/10/2009 by JoeyGowdy]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's real, as mentioned, just google The Tree Man. I don't know if this is the exact same man or not, but it's the same condition, they had a documentary on him on either TDC or TLC sometime last year.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnam6

On this board I am surprised nobody has said it's a mix with reptillian DNA

No, that condition would be Ichthyosis

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join