It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of unusual skin condition, keratin-like matter?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yeah thats a real shame.

I kept thinking CUT IT OFF MAN! It almost looks like a type of coral or natural sponge comming out of him. Is it hard?

EDIT: Just read...its not really hard. >< Morgellons + 1 ?

[edit on 14-3-2007 by xEphon]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow, on the bright side he can dominate any mixed martial arts he wants.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think it's Lewandowsky-Lutz dysplasia

Description:
A generalized skin disease characterised by multiple papillomavirus-induced scaly macules anywhere on the skin and papules on the back of the hand. The disease is considered to be a precancerous form of epithelial nevi. At 20-30 years lesions which have been exposed to sunlight are likely to develop into malignity and to Morbus Bowen or Bowen’s carcinoma and then into squamous cell carcinoma. The general condition of the patient is good. Affects both sexes. Onset at any age, but usually in childhood, with more rapid development. Probably an autosomal recessive trait.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by BlaznRob]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Have any of you seen the advertisements with "Digger the Demadaphite or something? The nail infection. That nail infection they advertised seemed like this but on an immense scale to where it reached the skin. It looks like that thing that happens to some peoples toenails when they get all grey-yellow and hard.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
One thing that I noticed was that the individual with the condition seems to be in very good physical condition for a man of 38 years.

He's built like a boxer and I have to wonder if he is able to work and/or exercise without pain or discomfort.

[edit on 2007/3/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Grady, most of the poles and czechs I know are typicaly built like this guy so I'm guessing it might just be good genetics.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Anyone think this might be faked? There are some signs;

A friend of mine has a relative who is a missionary in Eastern Europe.

Sounds to me like a "friend of a friend" story; If you look closely at picture 5, it seems like the skin is stretched and distorted, much like a rubber glove or latex; Some of the pictures seem to look like driftwood, and if someone attached some driftwood or any type of wood, to latex or rubber gloves, they could recreate this effect.

Why would someone fake this, you might ask? For attention, possibly. Heck, they might have done it, just for fun. Theirs been hoxes like this before, so why couldn't this be faked?

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on (3/14/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The article states that "Doctors here have called it Lewandowsky-Lutz, though I have not been able to find any pictures of this condition to compare."

As someone else posted in this thread, that is what they thought when they saw these pictures as well.

I don't think this is faked.

Also, it is possible that the skin may appear to be stretched because it very well might be, either by the growths or by the person taking the picture to better expose the growths.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
thanks alot, now i have one more thing to worry about...

if this is real...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
The article states that "Doctors here have called it Lewandowsky-Lutz, though I have not been able to find any pictures of this condition to compare."

As someone else posted in this thread, that is what they thought when they saw these pictures as well.

I don't think this is faked.

Also, it is possible that the skin may appear to be stretched because it very well might be, either by the growths or by the person taking the picture to better expose the growths.

swet mother of mercy help us!

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Lewandowsky-Lutz dysplasia (or Lutz-Lewandowsky epidermodysplasia verruciformis) is an extremely rare skin disease characterized by the growth of scaly macules and papules, particularly on the hands. Named after doctors Felix Lewandowsky and Wilhelm Lutz,[1] the condition begins in childhood and has no known cure.

It is believed to be caused by the human papillomavirus in combination with a genetic predisposition.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, if it is caused by the HPV virus, then it is directly related to what those rabbits are getting.

Also, just gives one more good reason to get your daughter the HPV vaccine.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow! I don't even know how to comment on this one. Very unusual. Good Find Thanks for sharing it with us.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Good Find Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks man!

It's been a while since I brought anything of any merit to this place.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In class a few months ago I was playing solitare on my PDA, and heard everyone else gasp. It looked identical to this, I think a layman term for it is called a keratin horn.

They are extremely rare, but have been around for ages. I'll look back through my notes and double check. We saw pictures out of a medical journal on it, so I'll try to find that as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
omg. whatever it is I feel real sorry for that poor guy

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ugh! just looking at the first picture made my skin all ichy!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Well, if it is caused by the HPV virus, then it is directly related to what those rabbits are getting.

Also, just gives one more good reason to get your daughter the HPV vaccine.

Interesting thought. I wonder if a vaccine would help him.

Blackwell-Synergy has a medical paper on a similar condition (not as bad, though) where these lesions also appeared on the scrotum. Cryotreatment (freezing the things off) was used and the growths haven't returned. Cryo would probably work on the smaller ones... don't know about the larger ones. He apparently burned some of them off, and they didn't return.

His hands, though... and feet. Wow. What a mess. He does need medical treatment. I hope they can find a good dermatologist to help him.

If it's a virus, I'd think his immunosystem was slightly weaker than his family's.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have not been shocked by looking at a photo in a long time, but that first photo gave me a real shock.
Hate to think that there is stuff out there like that.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Cryo would probably work on the smaller ones... don't know about the larger ones. He apparently burned some of them off, and they didn't return.

I was wondering if they tried to freeze the stuff off as well. Any type of removal here will take several steps and a long period of time.

I'm interested to know what his hands and feet look like with x-rays. If his skeleton is still in fine shape (i.e. this also doesn't mutate the bones) then in the next 4-5 years he may find some sort of relief with the advancements in prosthetics. They could literally pull off the skin, and then re-wrap his hands and feet with prosthetic skin grown in a petri dish.

I'm also interested to know how deep into the skin these things penetrate. Does it just grow off the epidermis? Does it penetrate the muscle? Since the article says he's not in pain, I would venture that they don't grow very deep, which would explain why he doesn't have pain.

I'd also like to know what the cellular makeup of the growths look like under a microscope. Does it look like cellular matter, or more like mineral matter.

Also, does he run a risk of skin cancer with something like this (or some other type of cancer)?

I guess we'll never know.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Those are humans fungus. Looks like it's a kind of Herpesis. The real question where did he get that and why he wait so long before receiving treatment. As an EMS we see freaky stuff but at that point this is pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join