It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of unusual skin condition, keratin-like matter?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I saw this on BoingBoing.net and then went to the actual page it was hosted on and this stuff is amazing.

A friend of mine has a relative who is a missionary in Eastern Europe. He recently shared photographs and the story of a man he is caring for, who has an extremely bizarre skin condition. The man has keratin-like matter growing out of the skin on hands and feet, which started when he was young, and very slowly continues to spread and grow. The areas begin as skin lesions, and the matter sprouts from those spots. The growths are very difficult to remove, and the man has so far just had to learn to live with it. There are a few medical precedents to this man's case, but nothing is certain until more tests are done. In the meantime, the missionary is helping to make life easier for the man.

You've got to click here to read the rest.

Just what are these growths?

Well...check these out:

Fascinating stuff.

-The Big O

mod edit: changed to external quote tags

Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 13-3-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow.

That is bizarre!
I have never seen anything 'grow' on a human like that before!

Provided that it isn't fake, I would say that it is an extreme and unusual calcium build. Although One of the close-up shots on the feet seems to look like a mould...

Very unusual.

Sorry I can't be of much help.

Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
eeeEEEEEeeuuuuuGGHHHHHhh

WHAT THE ************************ IS THAT!!!!!!!

that has to be one of the most FRIGHTENING things i've EVER seen in my LIFE!!!!!

Poor guy man

That looks a hundred times worse than the Magellons condition.

please flag this thread as i have done, i think everyone should view this BIZARRE condition.

Very interesting find The Big O

MAN i feel all creepy now ...sheesh

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Magellons condition, that's the name of the thing I was trying to think of.

If you read th article, it sounds like these things are similar, but that these pictures of a significatnly more severe case. No idea really.

Either way, I think Magellons condition has some sort of bodily pain, and I don't remember reading of the person with this stuff having the same type of body pains.

-The Big O

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm surprised more people aren't finding this interesting and posting about it.

Oh well, maybe it's the gross out factor.

-The Big O

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I'm surprised more people aren't finding this interesting and posting about it.

Oh well, maybe it's the gross out factor.

-The Big O

Well, what can we say other than yuck, that's gross. I'm not a doctor so I won't make a diagnosis.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Dude, imagine being punched in the face by that dude. Ouch!!

Well, people are always asking about real life super powers...
This is about as close to it as we can get. He just needs to get jacked up (muscles) and he'd be a real life super hero.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i dunno if this is contributing to this thread.. but that is soooooooooo freaking crazy!!!!!!! i dont think thats morgellons, is that stuff growing out of him like rock material?? ughhh im so glad im not that dude!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Alien DNA expirement gone bad? Poor guy. I think I would want my hands cut off rather than that stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
that dude looks like a real life "thing" (benjamin grimm, not a derogatory remark) this is just by looking but i will have to guess a bizarre skin mutation perhaps involving rapid collagen growth and crystalization or, as stated earlier, odd extremity based calcite formations that result in bony extrusions akin to the superman foe doomsday.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I really hope that is fake. If it's not, then it's really awful.

Reminds me of stuff I've seen growing on a tree when I was a kid.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Did you ever see a rabbit with horns growing out of its head? This is probably some kind of mutated virus that has moved from animal to human. Do a google for jackalope. I think it was discussed here as a matter of fact.

Pie

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The keratin-like growth reminds me of the "real life" Jackalopes, in MN, who are infected with Shope papillomavirus. I wonder how similar his condition/diagnosis is. Whatever it may be; it certainly doesn't look comfortable.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Its aweful if true?

The first thing that spang to mind when looking at the first image,was how hard it must be getting that type of jumper on,with those hands?

Can you imagine how many times those growths would catch on the wool down the sleeves,it would nearly be mission impossible,unless it streches that far to clear the growths,which I doubt.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Interesting.

I have nothing more to say. I know nothing about such a thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
EwwwWWWwwwww!!! Thanks for sharing that.

If it is, in fact, real...which is entirely possible... I feel sorry for the guy.
But still, I didn't really need to see those photos.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow, amazing... and i thought my mother's psoraisis was bad!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
what the heck is that stuff, it looks like...boxing gloves on his hands (i dont mean that o-fence-iv-ly) i think so one or thing has infected him with some thing, because i dont care what poopy conditions he lives in, you dont get that growing on you. I think the DNA experiment gone wrong seems logical

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From what the article states it's not really hard material, I think firm would be a better description.

Also, it doesn't appear to hurt when the big parts are cut. However, smaller, "newer" parts to hurt when cut and also bleed slightly.

Supposedly, he's the only known instance of this...although they are actively looking for other instances.

It is not believed to be the same thing as the rabbit virus, but possibly something along those lines.

What I find most interesting is that it's specific to the areas around the hands and feet, two areas that tend to grow skin more readily and quicker than other parts of the body. In addition, hand and foot skin also tends to be tougher. Perhaps, whatever afflicts this guy, has made those specific types of cells go crazy and just grow out of control.

Also, these are not tumors, as they do not appear to be living cells that have a blood vessel structure to them.

Odd odd odd.

-The Big O

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I wonder if a high dose of a retinoid would help him? Such as isotretinoin.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join