It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Lazar and Element 115

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
That doesn't seem quite right Diplomat. I think what you're saying is true, but John is referring to synthesis - not natural occurrence.

Of course Element 115 has to be synthesized, since it does not exist naturally (at least on earth).

If you look at the Periodic table, you will notice plenty of elements that only exist if synthesized (the ones in the dotted boxes), but that doesn't mean they can't be synthesized successfully for an application in the 'real world'.

Now if John Lear is saying that we don't have ways of synthesizing element 115 for use in a motor/engine/power source for space travel, then I'm sure he has his reasons and will enlighten us all with the explanation for such

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am personally not a particle physicist (although it would be nice
), but one did take a look at Lazar's claims:
www.serve.com...

Basically, all I was able to get out of that article, is that everything Lazar says goes against everything we have ever known or theorized about relating to physics! He could always be right, and established science wrong (flat earth), but they did have proof of their claims, something that beyond what supposedly "exists" and has been seen by only a select few people. It could be disinformation, but unless the government has been able to alter everything about physics in the past decades, just to cover this up, I am led to believe this scientist who can confirm his existence, and attendance at a university. Furthermore, if Lazar is right, and understands all of this, why not just leave the country and publish his findings? Even if the government "got to him" hopefully he could collect his Nobel prize before that.

I have a very open mind, and I do think that quite a bit of what is talked about on this site is true, or at least close to the real truth, but I can't grasp while the government would need to cover this up, when Lazar is doing a fine job of discrediting himself. But beyond that, I don't have the most stellar memory some of the time, yet I am rather confident that I could remember teaching or meeting such a supposedly brilliant student. And more than that, I would love to see the technology that can change yearbooks from the past, because I am sure that there are A LOT of happy parents out there who bought a yearbook (or books) because their child attended one of these prestigious institutes, and they now have no picture of Lazar in them... unless his future had been planned out from the start.

Until I see the degree, and hear his acceptance speech for the Nobel prize in Physics due to these findings and incredible new theories, or even just proof from more than 5 people, I can't get passed the facts.

Take care,
Pat

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Are you saying that you have had expierence with this "element 115?" If so, how did they (whoever showed you) obtain it? aliens?

Bob obtained 3 "arrowheads" about 2 inches long machined at LANL. Bob, Joe Vanniniti and I did the 'dry ice'/coleman lantern pintle experiment which was videotaped. Bob kept them in round lead containers about one inch thick. 2 were stolen back by the government.

I have heard that this "element" cannot be synthesized on earth.
Ar eyou implying that the government would never allow it to be synthesized? or that it is impossible to synthesize with our level of technology.

Element 115 as used in the craft can only occur naturally. It cannot be synthesized, or rather, it can be synthesized but it would take too long to make synthesization practical.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Now if John Lear is saying that we don't have ways of synthesizing element 115 for use in a motor/engine/power source for space travel, then I'm sure he has his reasons and will enlighten us all with the explanation for such

There can be no way to practically synthesize Element 115. The only way you can 'practically' obtain it is from a naturally occurring source.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Hey John, thanks for adding your two cents to the thread. I am curious about what you have to say about Lazar's schooling credentials. He said he went to MIT and Caltech but there is no record whatsoever. Wouldn't SOMEONE remember him being there either as a student or a classmate? How exactly could the government "erase" everything?

Beats me.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A word about Element 115 from the Lazar Tape (1989):

Naturally occurring element 115 could only be found in a solar system much, much larger than ours. The 2 main factors which determine the residual matter that remains after the creation of that solar system is the amount of electromagnetic energy and the amount of mass present at the time of the creation of that solar system. A much larger solar system than the one earth is in would have had to have been created to have element 115 occurring as a natural element. No, there is no possiblility that the aliens are mining it here or we are making it here.

A word about Element 118:

NEWS-Scientific American

July 17, 2002
Element 118 Dropped from Periodic Table

Scientists at Lawrence Berkeley
National Laboratory (LBL) have formally
retracted their claims for the
discovery of the most massive chemical
element. The synthesis of the
"superheavy" element 118, comprising
118 protons and 175 nucleons, was
announced in a 1999 paper in Physical
Review Letters. The results appeared to
confirm theories from the 1970s that
predicted heightened stability for
nuclei containing around 114 protons
and 184 neutrons.

The retraction, published in the
current Physical Review Letters,
follows failures to reproduce the
reported results by the Berkeley
researchers and also by scientists in
Germany and Japan. After re analysis of
the original data using different
software codes, the team was forced to
admit that their evidence for element
118 was spurious, prompting all but one
of the original paper=s authors to
endorse the retraction.

The initial results had been seen as an
early success for the newly constructed
Berkeley Gas filled Separator (BGS).
The team bombarded a lead 208 target
with neutron rich krypton 86 ions, in
an 88 inch Cyclotron, creating heavy
compound nuclei. They then used strong
magnetic fields in the BGS to separate
the putative element 118 ions. The
Berkeley lab is not currently answering
questions about how the
misidentification process occurred, but
some media outlets have reported
falsification of the results by one
team member.

The original announcement came soon
after the successful production of
element 114 by scientists at Russia=s
Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in
Dubna , in January 1999. LBL
researchers believed that their newly
formed element 118, dubbed "ununoctium"
(meaning one one eight), radioactively
decayed within milliseconds, to create
the element 116 also never previously
synthesized. Since then, the Russian
scientists have used a different method
to reproduce element 116, but at least
for now, element 118 must remain
crossed off the Periodic Table. Zeeya
Merali

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Out of curiosity John, does this mean that the element synthesised in 2004 was not 115?

It was one isotope of 115. But the amount was so miniscule that nothing could be done with it. What John was saying is that to manufacture the amount necessary to power a reactor it would take decades.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
But John specifically referred to 'the teeniest tiniest amount...for the briefest fraction of a second'. That seems to be exactly what the scientists achieved in 2004. Just wondering what John makes of the claims of those scientists.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If Mr. Lazar has a sample of element 115, all he would have to do is release it to the public - and it would validate his claims, himself, and the UFO phenomena. (Mr. Lear stated he had 3 samples and the government took back two - I have also heard him talk on Coast to Coast - and other interviews where he still claims to have this 'element')

What a disservice to humanity - he has the opportunity to blow the lid on the cover-up - but he chooses not to. Perhaps to make $$$ - or he is lying.

If you have a piece of alien technology - and you are stating that you were working to reverse engineer a craft, and then you stole at piece of that technology - and you made claims stating that you stole the technology (sorry - element - but it is part of their technology since we can't synthesize it on earth (yet) DON'T you think since you hold the golden key to the top secret door that you would open it for the public??

I smell agenda - more likely one that puts some green in his pocket.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I believe Bob Lazar is the real deal. No one has proven him wrong and I do believe certain govt. agencies attempted to erase his credentials. Bob Lazar should not be rediculed when all he's trying to do is enlighten you and anyone else with an open mind that there is indeed more to this world than meets the eye.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"Lazar told us he previously worked at Los Alamos National Lab. The lab repeatedly denied it, even after we found Lazar's name in the lab phone book."
www.klas-tv.com...

just curious if Knapp ever offered up anything tangible to back this up? where do you find a LANL phone directory? if he can show proof of this I will be on board with Lazar 100%.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Bob obtained 3 "arrowheads" about 2 inches long machined at LANL. Bob, Joe Vanniniti and I did the 'dry ice'/coleman lantern pintle experiment which was videotaped. Bob kept them in round lead containers about one inch thick. 2 were stolen back by the government.

can you describe this experiment? what of the videotape? any chance of that possibly being shared with us here? thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A few things still don't add up to me.

1.) Lear, Bob, and the others knew they were on their way to go view a "flying saucer test," yet none of them brought a camera? Who in their right mind WOULDN'T bring a camera to something like that?

2.) Bob Lazar claiming that he attended both MIT and Caltech. There is no evidence of this whatsoever and Bob's response is "the government erased me." How can anyone take that seriously? Where's the beef?

3.) The video of Lear and Lazar doing a test with the Element 115. Where is this video and why can we not see it?

4.) The piece of Element 115 that Lazar supposedly has. Where is it? What does he plan to do with it? Why keep it a secret?

More things also don't add up...these are just a few points that were off the top of my head...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Many of you have probably seen this before, but I thought that I would include the link for those too lazy to find it! (I'm often too lazy to find things myself.)

It's Stan Friedman's take on Bob Lazar and why he thinks that Bob's a fraud.

Stan Friedman debunking Bob Lazar

I hope it helps muddy the waters if you haven't read it.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoopnfunk
I always had a hunch that Bob Lazar most likely did work at area 51 -- as a janitor or service person of some kind.

As a former janitor, I am constantly appalled by they way that everybody seems to think that janitors are stupid. My relatives used to constantly ask me how I could do such menial and demeaning work for minimum wage and I would say to them. "I don't do it for the money. I do it for the prestige."

I would clean Bob Lazar's office for free just so I could look at all the cool stuff in his trash cans. Bob I probably live to far away to actually clean your office, so you can just dump your trash in a box and UPS it to me if you want to.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hi:

This is an interesting thread on Lazar. I do not know much about Lazar’s specific claims, as far as how genuine they may be, although having a pal like Lear helps his credibility. What I can say is that I have run around in circles not far removed from Lazar’s, and if you begin playing at the high levels of trying to bring free energy or UFO awareness to the public, you can cross into very bizarre and frightening territory.

www.ahealedplanet.net...

I know people who have received mind-boggling technology demonstrations:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

Much of what Lazar claims I have encountered in similar circumstances (not all that much first-hand - but plenty second-hand from people I know intimately - but enough first-hand to have been radicalized long ago).

I may begin a free energy thread on ATS one day soon.

Wade Frazier

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
"Lazar told us he previously worked at Los Alamos National Lab. The lab repeatedly denied it, even after we found Lazar's name in the lab phone book."

just curious if Knapp ever offered up anything tangible to back this up?

Metalmessiah just in case you are not reading along with the rest of us Springer exchanged emails with Knapp. Here is one of his comments:

Bob Lazar took George to places he could not have got into unless a great deal of his "work history" story were true. People at these facilities knew Bob and greeted him warmly. Security waved him right in, etc...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grinder
Of course you will not have a user name or password to receive his report. Just click cancel.

I'm not sure what has changed on the actual site since 2003, but there is an archived site without password protection here.

/tn.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But John specifically referred to 'the teeniest tiniest amount...for the briefest fraction of a second'. That seems to be exactly what the scientists achieved in 2004. Just wondering what John makes of the claims of those scientists.

Isotopes generally have nearly identical chemical and physical properties, but their nuclear properties vary widely.

[edit on 3/13/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sorry TheAvenger. It could be my limited understanding of science, but I'm not really sure what you mean. Could you elaborate for me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join