It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Persons & AMBER ALERTS !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've started this thread after a discussion with EricFM in hopes that ATS Members will post information about missing children in their area.

I don't really want this limited to only children, but be a thread that we can post information on any missing person.
I would also ask that you tag the bottom of the page with the missing person's name.

We live in a world that moves very fast, and any information on the internet can travel faster than a car or plane.
Getting this information out quickly can only help t .......

www.codeamber.org...

The Origin of the Amber Plan
The AMBER Plan was created in 1996 as a powerful legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, a bright little girl who was kidnapped and brutally murdered while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas. The tragedy shocked and outraged the entire community. Residents contacted radio stations in the Dallas area and suggested they broadcast special “alerts” over the airwaves so that they could help prevent such incidents in the future.

Please post any information on current missing persons.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
anxietydisorder, I think there might be a better way to do it than to just have people post. Im doubtful it will go anywhere if it just a thread with random responses.

I wish you luck though

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricFM
anxietydisorder, I think there might be a better way to do it than to just have people post. Im doubtful it will go anywhere if it just a thread with random responses.

I wish you luck though

I can`t see it hurting though even if traffic here is minimal compare to main stream media etc,if the names and pictures of the people were posted who knows,it may very well be productive.

I`ll give anxietydisorder a big
as well.

I`d also like to hear what you think is a better way.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yeah man!

I absolutely agree with this thread.
Effectiveness? Let's face it, ATS has an awful lot of members, spread out all over the place. That's lots of eyes and ears. That makes for a pretty big spiders web.
Post the information, including descriptions, and photos right here on ATS, and who knows, maybe one of us recognizes someone and helps bring them home.
Frankly, I'd like to see an entire forum dedicated to AMBER ALERT.
I would pray that it didn't have to be used, but whenever a child is taken, or any person for that matter, it's nice to know that there is a community that keeps their eyes open.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Amber Alert Issued for 2 year Old Maryland Girl
Posted: Tuesday March 13, 2007: 12:21AM CDT

The Maryland State Police at the request of Prince Georges County Police Department has issued a Maryland Child AMBER Alert for child who was abducted on March 13, 2007.

I don't have an image of this child to post yet, but here's the information.

Jocelyn Kayon Ruffin,
2 years of age. She's a black female. She's 2feet 6 inches and 35 pounds. The child was last seen wearing Grey Sweat Pants Pink and white shoes and a brown suede coat. Child also has her hair done in corn rows. LOCATION: The child was last observed at approximately 9:41 pm in the area of Surrey Square Lane, Forestville, MD.

The child is believed to have been abducted by the suspect. SUSPECT: Antwone Tyree Prince is described as being 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. The suspect may be wearing Black and white hoodie sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes. Suspect has a tattoo of a cross on the upper part of his right arm. He is also believed to be wearing several layers of clothing.

No vehicle information is available at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to immediately call 911 or Prince Georges County Police Department at 301-499-8005 or dial 911.

codeamber.org...

EDIT: For link

[edit on 13/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Some from Australia

Three on this site have been missing for years now.

So we have to think how they may look today.Clicking their picture will give more info.

Though I will now look for other countries missing children sites.

Edit to add

USA

Three recent children missing can be seen on this site

UK
Three children missing also from the UK here

[edit on 13-3-2007 by gps777]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
How interesting! There is a missing person in my life and I have often imagined him being an ATS member if he is still living.

I might feel a bit odd with posting names, pictures, info, about an adult who might just want to be left alone. What is one to do in a case when someone might want to remain missing?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

I might feel a bit odd with posting names, pictures, info, about an adult who might just want to be left alone. What is one to do in a case when someone might want to remain missing?

Sorry to hear that wellwhatnow.

Was there reason to believe this was by choice? I kinda gather it was from what you wrote,if so the best you could probably do is try and remain available for if and when he decides to contact you.i.e phone and address etc.

Probably not what you want to hear though,have you tried a non public way, I know in Australia you can go into an electoral office and look through all their records of peoples addresses when they lodged recent electoral forms.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is a neat site. I'm glad you put it up, anxietydisorder, I'll be checking here often. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Sorry to hear that wellwhatnow.
Was there reason to believe this was by choice?

No need for condolences, it's okay - thanks though. Yes, it may have been by choice, but I really don't know.

I've often thought that if he is still alive, he would likely be an ATS member.
Let's put it this way, if you are:

a caucasian male
age aprox. 42ish
fathered a child in 1996
love comic books
had initials similar to WRH

send me a U2U

You might be declared legally dead soon - contact me if you don't want to be, or if you would like to get it done quickly.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

MISSING BOY'S DESCRIPTION
# White male, 12
# 5 feet 4 and 110 pounds
# Reddish-brown curly hair
# Wearing blue jeans, red jacket with reflective tape, dark blue hat

North Carolina authorities Sunday are searching for a 12-year-old Boy Scout, who went missing a day earlier during a camping trip near the Blue Ridge Parkway, local officials told CNN.

The boy, Michael Auberry, of Greensboro, North Carolina, remained with an adult at the campsite while other scouts went for a hike, said Dave Bauer of the Blue Ridge Parkway National Park Services.

When the other scouts returned, they ate lunch with Michael who later disappeared from the camp, Bauer said.
www.cnn.com...

Additional link:
www.wxii12.com...

No foul play is suspected at this time, but 15 agencies are involved in the search for this missing boy. I hope anyone in the area is keeping their eyes open for him.

EDIT: Only available photo at this time.

www.wfmynews2.com...

[edit on 18/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The search continues for the missing scout.

An AMBER ALERT has been issued as a precaution, just in case he's been removed from the area by unknown persons.

Michael Auberry went missing Saturday afternoon during a camping trip with his Boy Scout troop at Doughton Park, along the Blue Ridge Parkway near the Virginia state line. (Map)

Park service ranger Tina White said searchers had found no new clues during Monday's daytime search, but added that night activities bring "some advantages."

"The heat sensory equipment helps at nighttime because there's a greater difference between body temperature and air temperature," she said.

Additionally, White said, some dog teams would remain out during the night, although a smaller number of both human and dog searchers would be on the job for the evening.

www.cnn.com...

Let's all hope this has a good outcome.

[edit on 20/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
From the link

Story Highlights• Nighttime search to include dog teams and special heat-sensing equipment
• Park spokesman says boy should be able to survive several days

It doesn`t sound like police helicopters are used at night with heat sensing.

Its hard to know the size of the area with that map,but I would have thought they would use police helicopters that could scan the area quicker?

Maybe they dont have them near enough? strange.

Here`s hoping as well anxietydisorder

[edit on 20-3-2007 by gps777]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A happy ending to the Michael Auberry case.
www.cnn.com...

McGRADY, North Carolina (CNN) -- Authorities have received a radio report from searchers that a 12-year-old Boy Scout who went missing over the weekend during a camping trip was found Tuesday, a park service ranger said.

"We are rushing rescuers to the scene to confirm this report, and the family's also running to meet their son," said ranger Tina White.

An official with the Blue Ridge Parkway National Park Service said Michael Auberry was found about 1½ miles from the campsite from which he disappeared.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread was turned into a sticky- it's a very important issue.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a website, NetSmartz411.org that is a resource for parents to get advice on how to make sure their children are using the internet safely and how to talk to them about it. There is also a link on there where you can sign up for Amber Alerts-- you can have alerts for your area sent to your phone as a text massage. These alerts do help, and will become even more effective if more people sign up to receive them!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I want to put that link up for everyone.
www.netsmartz.org...

I've ignored this thread for too long and want to add this story.

Gunmen kidnapped the three-year-old daughter of a British man in the Nigerian oil city of Port Harcourt while she was on her way to school, a police spokeswoman said on Thursday.

Ireju Barasua said the child, whom she named as Margaret Hill, was snatched from the car in which she was being driven as it was stuck in traffic.

Kidnappings for ransom are very common in Port Harcourt, located in the oil-producing Niger Delta in southern Nigeria, although abductions of children are rare.
www.cnn.com...

It's a small planet, if nothing else we should be able to look after our children.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the link :-)

I think I read in the paper this morning that the little girl was freed!
www.cnn.com... pping/index.html?iref=newssearch

Nigerian captors free British girl

* Story Highlights
* No immediate reports on who was responsible for Hill's kidnapping
* Kidnappers did not demand cash ransom
* Father is British national, longtime resident of Nigeria; mother is Nigerian

(CNN) -- Nigerian kidnappers released a 3-year-old British girl on Sunday after holding her for four days, and no ransom was paid, according to Nigerian police sources close to the investigation.

Margaret Hill is well and at home, police told CNN.

"She's coming alive all the time," her father, Mike Hill, told Sky News on Sunday, according to The Associated Press, adding that she was in "a bit of a trance when we first got her back."

"I don't think she's had very much to eat because she's hungry now," Hill was quoted as saying to Sky News. "She's covered in mosquito bites. The bites are really bad." He attributed her release to pressure from Nigerian security services.

"I am grateful to the Nigerian authorities for all their help, and I hope the perpetrators will be swiftly brought to justice," British Foreign Secretary David Miliband said in a statement issued late Sunday. VideoWatch some of the first images of her in freedom »

Gunmen snatched Hill on Thursday after smashing the windows of the car that was carrying her to school in the southern city of Port Harcourt, local police said. Her driver was stabbed while trying to shield her during the attack, according to AP.

The girl's kidnappers fed her bread and water, according to local reports. The kidnappers threatened to kill the girl unless her father -- a British national and longtime resident of Nigeria -- agreed to take her place. Margaret's mother, Oluchi, is Nigerian.

The girl is the third child to be kidnapped in the oil-rich region in recent weeks -- and is believed to be the first Western child to be kidnapped in Nigeria.

There were no immediate reports of who was responsible for her kidnapping. Earlier this week the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta -- a group known to carry out kidnappings and attacks in the region -- denied involvement. The group will "join in the hunt for the monsters who carried out this abduction," a MEND spokesman said.

Copyright 2007 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Quebec 9 year old still missing......

The parents of a missing nine-year-old Trois-Riveries girl want their daughter back for the start of school.

Martin Provencher and Karine Fortier made an emotional plea for any information to find Cedrika. She has been missing since July 31.

Witnesses have told Quebec Provincial Police she was helping a man look for a lost dog.

The parents believe someone has relevant information and they want journalist Claude Poirier to be the one who receives it.

Poirier told a news conference he will keep a telephone line open around the clock for any pertinent information that leads to the girl.

www.cfra.com...

Please contact police if you have any information that could help bring this girl home.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
More information on Cedrika.

The parents of Cedrika Provencher are offering a reward in the search for their daughter and have enlisted a prominent Quebec crime journalist to help ferret out information.

Claude Poirier, known as the "The Negotiator," has offered to maintain the 24-hour phone line for the parents at 514-730-3940.

"If we receive precise information, I will be responsible for keeping the person anonymous," he said Monday in Trois Rivieres. "No one will ever know who received this money. What is important is to get the little girl back."

He emphasized that the Quebec police force is not involved in either the phone line or the reward money. The parents are offering $80,000.

"I don't want to be cornered by the (Surete du Quebec)," he said. "I've warned them. If I get information that leads to (Cedrika's) recovery, I'll personally give them the $80,000."

Calls to the phone will not be recorded, Poirier said. "If I am told to meet someone, I will not be followed," he added.

Let's hope someone knows something and comes forward.
www.ctv.ca...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Little Swiss Girl who went missing in July is sadly been found dead,

news.sky.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join