It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JF-17 Thunder fighter jet arrives in Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

JF-17 Thunder fighter jet arrives in Pakistan
The JF-17 Thunder military aircraft, jointly developed by China and Pakistan, has arrived in Pakistan, according to a statement issued Monday by Pakistan Air Force.

The arrival ceremony of the JF-17s Thunder fighter aircraft was held at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, the PAF statement said.
The JF-17 Thunder aircraft is scheduled to have its first public appearance in Islamabad on March 23, according to the statement.

The statement noted that JF-17 Thunder aircraft, an advanced multi-role Light Combat Aircraft, is a key collaboration strategic project between the two countries in the field of military

In order to speed up the development progress and to facilitate maturity of JF-17s, two aircraft arrived in Pakistan earlier for further tests and flight evaluation by Pakistan Air Force, the statement added.
Source: Xinhua

The place the JF-17 were delivered to is the same facility that will be building them

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Not a fighter, an attacker jet actually.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
EXCRESCENT

[edit on 13-3-2007 by emile]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Design looks a bit dated but still a neat plane. Great news to see any 2 countries work on something like that and get to thic point through all the red tape etc not a small feat.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
not to nitpick or anything but emile did say "EXCRESCENT"

perhaps what was intended to be said was that the development and consequent deployment of the JF-17 to Pakistan is an excrescent of China's research into advanced aircraft and technology. that's excellent news if i may say so.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Now lets wait until the engine of this fighter is confirmed

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Its more cheap chinese crap that they sell to the 3rd world! Looks like a plane from the 70's!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Excellent news that two countries can work together and develop something so technologically complex. I would like to take this opportunity to ask them to develop a hover car and a hover cycle variant. It would benefit many more people than warplanes. In fact, if every warplane maker would refuse to make warplanes, and would concentrate their efforts on developing a workable hover car and hover cycle variant, then we could all ride around and feel good about not bombing each other.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Excellent news that two countries can work together and develop something so technologically complex. I would like to take this opportunity to ask them to develop a hover car and a hover cycle variant. It would benefit many more people than warplanes. In fact, if every warplane maker would refuse to make warplanes, and would concentrate their efforts on developing a workable hover car and hover cycle variant, then we could all ride around and feel good about not bombing each other.

Dream on! The Chinese are out to destroy the USA! You need to get a reality check and layoff the Ganga!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
mel1962 you have an extremely sorry and pessimistic attitude. I realize the Chinese have their own agenda and the leaders of the "FREE WORLD" have theirs, but goading them and being antagonistic towards them will do nothing to help anyone.

Smoking ganga will not get a hover car or hover cycle variant built. Although it does feel good to twist up a spanker and sit back and visualize it.

I propose that there is money to be made by anyone who develops the hover car technology and there is no reason that is has to be done by one nation or another. There has been much done between nations with regard to warplane development and all the makers involved make out financially rather well. What needs to be done is for them to be able to make out equally well by making hover cars and hover cycle variants as they do making warplanes. Then they can stop making warplanes and switch to production of hovercars and hover cycle variants.

Are you mad because nobody shares their ganga with you?

[edit on 3-13-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
mel1962 you have an extremely sorry and pessimistic attitude. I realize the Chinese have their own agenda and the leaders of the "FREE WORLD" have theirs, but goading them and being antagonistic towards them will do nothing to help anyone.

Smoking ganga will not get a hover car or hover cycle variant built. Although it does feel good to twist up a spanker and sit back and visualize it.

I propose that there is money to be made by anyone who develops the hover car technology and there is no reason that is has to be done by one nation or another. There has been much done between nations with regard to warplane development and all the makers involved make out financially rather well. What needs to be done is for them to be able to make out equally well by making hover cars and hover cycle variants as they do making warplanes. Then they can stop making warplanes and switch to production of hovercars and hover cycle variants.

Are you mad because nobody shares their ganga with you?

[edit on 3-13-2007 by groingrinder]

Dude, I appreciate your view, its just you can't trust the Chinese! As far as Ganga goes, bring it on! That Hi lets you live life to its fullest!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
First ever chinese built jet, good for china.
What are the specs.. someone should post the specs.

Youknow.. i tried pot once.. i did not like it, i started having heart palpitations ..i thought i was going to die !

Dont do pot kids.. stay away from pot !

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What the hec is all this nonsense about the Ganga?

btw what is that funny protrusion at the top of the vertical tail fin?
I don't think I've seen that on other jets before?

emile will not use a word like excresent w/o looking up the meaning
(that is if he didn't know it already)

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Dream on! The Chinese are out to destroy the USA! You need to get a reality check and layoff the Ganga!

mel1962, when you said words like that it seemed the god did have let you be as stupid as you want to be. But it's not the god's fault, it is yours.

None of these two governments is stupid enough to be willing to destroy the other side.
Although competitive the world is, we still can develop together peacefully.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Its part of the EW suite

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
mel1962,

You made the proclamation that you have evidence of me being a chinese spy a few days ago

so..........Where is this proof you have ?

Originally posted by mel1962
That makes it even more of a mystery? Should I post the evidence?

Anyway you are proof what a paper tiger, if you can be tracked down by me. I am sure the CIA has already done that!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Just as Chinawhite says, its part of the EW suite. Most likely the RWR. For examples of identical installations on other jets see the Phantom FGR.2 and Vulcan B.2. Very simnilar installations can also be seen on the Jaguar (UK and India) Harrier (UK) and Tornado amongst others.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
aah..
I always thought that the RWR would be at the tip of the fuselage boom just above/between the exhaust nozzles, thus giving it a better sight cone.

Wouldn't this config be a tad weaker for any threats coming up on the a/c's six from vectors below the fuselage horizontal?

[edit on 15-3-2007 by Daedalus3]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
nozzle or nozzle(s)? it looks to me this only has one from the way the fuselage is tapering. It still could be placed directl over the single nozzle but they probably have a reason for its placement it just beats me as to why at the moment. And I will agree with one of the posters in say it does look like onld tech but you have to build from somewhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Its part of the EW suite

No, I bet its one of those little antennas that lets you use bluetooth in the aircraft

"Thunder? Dial Number"
"Please say the number"
"123 - 5333"
"Dialing"
(ringing)
"Hi, johnson? Cancel my meeting. I have to blow up this bunker"

I bet its got deluxe cup holders too

[edit on 15-3-2007 by BlackWidow23]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join