It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana legal in the USA in 2010???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've been hearing this lately but i have yet to confirm this. Does anyone know is this is true or what??

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I haven't heard that, but I'm sure it will be sooner than that. Once the idiots on capital hill realize how much bank they can make with it, it will be legalized.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is there something for pot similar to the breathalyzer for alcohol? When or IF there is they will or should legalize it. You still have to be able to throw your own people in jail for something you know.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xinfallibility

The US Government will NOT change that much that fast. If it happens, it will take a lot longer then that.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I been thinking that since the 70s and it aint happened yet

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We are legal in Alaska, you can have a quarter pound in your home, or 4 oz. dried if you have wet plants LOL- and the way we tell if it good is if you throw a bud at the ceiling- and it sticks to the ceiling- it's good....if you get tired of waiting- move to Alaska LOL-

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I hope not- I hate potheads.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well obviously if the US legalized it, there would be much controversy and most likely contempt from the citizens. Although the people who do use marijuana im sure would be happy.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Its just logical to legalize marijuana. It is safer than cigarettes & alcohal, cures illnesses, and can produce huge amounts of revenue to the government, while taking money away from criminals. If you haven't smoked marijuana, I reccommend you try it before passing judgement. It makes you think really deep, and you gain a different perspective on life. God put it on this planet for a reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killuminati
It makes you think really deep, and you gain a different perspective on life.

It made my ex-husband think deep?
He must have been thinking so deep it put him into a stupor. He had extremely poor judgement, no cares good or bad and was just plain asinine when high.

I'm the one who gained a different perspective by seeing him that way. He was wasting life, wasting money and wasting my time.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pandemonium

Originally posted by Killuminati
It makes you think really deep, and you gain a different perspective on life.

It made my ex-husband think deep?
He must have been thinking so deep it put him into a stupor. He had extremely poor judgement, no cares good or bad and was just plain asinine when high.

I'm the one who gained a different perspective by seeing him that way. He was wasting life, wasting money and wasting my time.

Yea my wifes the same #ing way. I'd leave her but I am a glutton for punishment. Not to mention someone has to watch our child.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zodiac
I hope not- I hate potheads.

Why do you say that Zodiac?? Also, are you talking about ALL people who use marijuana like the elderly, sick, or occasional recreation user?? Or by potheads are you meaning the loadies that who lack any moderation and spend all their time dazed and confused??

The reason I ask is the term "pothead" only represents a some of the marijuana smoking population. The Old Lady who's using it for cancer or an HIV Pos. person who uses it for pain relief and to eat, etc. IMO would not fit the "pothead" classification.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'd take a pothead over an alcoholic anyday. Moderation my friends...I'd like to take a hit when I get home and be ready and sober for work the next day. But I can't, we're not all total potheads. In the meantime, while job hunting, I'm clean and ready for drug testing. This sucks.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
loadies that who lack any moderation and spend all their time dazed and confused

Yup, those ones. In High School i hung out with these stupid potheads.. all they'd ever want to do is smoke, and it sucked, because those were the only people I really associated with.. and I'm sure everyone thought I was a pothead because I hung out with them.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
loadies that who lack any moderation and spend all their time dazed and confused

Yup, those ones. In High School i hung out with these stupid potheads.. all they'd ever want to do is smoke, and it sucked, because those were the only people I really associated with.. and I'm sure everyone thought I was a pothead because I hung out with them.

Well, first off you shouldn't care too much of what others think about you or how they "Judge" you anyway. Especially if they do it simply because of their assumptions and ignorance of others who they've never bothered to get to know in the first place.

Second, try not to let the Actions of Some become your reason in choosing the course for the Whole. This works in many, many things in todays world. Because one idiot or a group of idiots spilled Hot coffee on themselves or thought riding motorcycles 100+mph without helmets doesn't mean we people as a whole should start serving cold coffee and force helmets across the board for everyone. Doing so only means we are choosing to govern our lives and set the path of the future based on the weakest links of our society. The teacher who has to spend all their time and effort, and/or extra time, dealing with the student who continues to fail means the rest of the class is neglected and unable to acheive or approach their potential in advancement.

There are special situations that should be addressed in special ways, but rarely should these situations be used to generalize or stereotype the greater whole and decide the future course of society. The herb doesn't make people "potheads" nor does the "alcohol" make people "alcoholics or drunks". It is the people themselves who are the problem that needs to be looked at. If it was the other way around then we could simply outlaw weapons to end war. Unfortunatly people just use rocks or sticks or whatever else they can to wage war anyway. If we made everything on earth illegal they'd still wage war naked and weaponless.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
There's a difference in decriminalizing small amounts of pot, and 'legalizing' it. I believe even in the Alaska example, you can't sell or buy any amount, but if you HAVE it... it's a pass.

I used to be pro-legalization too, but I agree with a couple posters that once you get older and have some responsibilities and have a MATE high more than you like.... you want the government to outlaw everything! Pills, booze, pot, etc.

But if it IS legalized, buy Phillip Morris and RJ Reynolds stock. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
mOjOm

Alright, I just don't like people who base their whole life around getting high. And all they talk about is doing drugs.. That's what I don't like..

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   

mOjOm

Alright, I just don't like people who base their whole life around getting high. And all they talk about is doing drugs.. That's what I don't like..

I understand. I don't like people who base their whole lives on a variety of things too. All they ever talk about is that "thing" or "lifestyle" or whatever that they are into. (I'm being non-specific so I don't offend anyones chosen lifestyle or favorite past time, just FYI) The thing is it's important to remember that MY Freedom, MY Liberty and MY ability to choose a Lifestyle I want to live relies on making sure YOU also have the same freedom of choice as well, whether or not YOU & I choose the same things or not. Some people LOVE and are Obsessed with everything from Sports, Money, Food, Sex, Booze, Drugs....whatever you can think of. Any or all of those things have also been part of some peoples lives without becoming a problem by their obsession with it. I'm just trying to keep that idea of Freedom in Life alive in peoples minds, that's all. As we all know some people are obsessed with Killing, War, and Controlling Others Lives and that is by far the most important problem that should be addressed anyway.

RANT, I see Decrimializing and Legalizing as the same thing personally. There is some who choose to think different but that is like saying everything that is LEGAL is also Commercialized, Recomended or Required. Just cause something isn't Illegal doens't mean it's all go for shoving it down everyones throat or that everyone is going to choose to be any part of it. It's completely legal for me to Drink myself to Death, or Eat those little red berries growning in front of half the houses in everyones neighborhood, or consume 10 tubes of toothpaste or draino, etc. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it though. I don't need some government to make Cold Medicine Illegal to know better than to drink it until I'm Drunk, Sick or Dead. Ya know what I'm saying. IMO the whole decrimializing vs. legalizing is just a technicallity lawyers and polititians use to keep the confusion and fighting going so they can go on living above the law while everyone is distracted over clever twists within languages.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
People who are going to use it are going to anyway. There is no sence in busting up an entire family cause mom or dad burns one occasionally and gets busted and put in jail. so for those people who are going to do it no matter what , I say legalize it.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i would really hate that. even people who would never try it illegally, would maybe try it then. that would just be a bad idea in my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join