It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Official BTS) Halloween remake movie thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Looks pretty good so far.

Watch here for your first look at Rob Zombies remake of Halloween.
Video here www.mtv.com...

Your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why make a remake? Can't Rob Zombie make a NEW film? I feel sorry for all the writers out there who have fantastic origional scripts that are just being swept under the carpet because everyones making shoddy remakes or bad comedies -the kind that has big red lettering in the title...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Just released trailer can be viewed here
movies.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AlplG4AA0Edc8bG4x1B0AZFfVXcA

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a remake of Halloween i look forward to seeing this well if it was another movie and not a remake i would be saying how the hell does he do it he just never seemed to die in any of the movies.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Personally, I'd rather see a remake than another sequel. These days horror screenwriters seem to be out of touch with what's fresh and original. If Rob can breath new life back into the franchise for a whole new series, why not? The original isn't going anywhere nor will it lose its classic status.

I say go for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wish someone would explain to me what the hell Micheal Myers issue was anyway. Although Myers is one of my favorite slashers, I never quite understood what his issue was. Did he transpose the actions of his sister on all people or what?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I wish I could be more helpful on all things Myers but I'm not a big fan of the franchise. I enjoyed the first film and the third and that would probably make me the worst horror fan ever but it is what it is lol

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Preest, Halloween III?
It didn't even have Myers in it. That's the one Halloween I didn't like.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I loved Season of the Witch. I feel it was Carpenter & Hill's best idea for the franchise. Unfortunately fans didn't feel the same way and demanded more Michael. Aside from the first installment, Season of the Witch is my absolute favorite entry.

Trust me...I catch a lot of grief over it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
I loved Season of the Witch. I feel it was Carpenter & Hill's best idea for the franchise. Unfortunately fans didn't feel the same way and demanded more Michael. Aside from the first installment, Season of the Witch is my absolute favorite entry.

Trust me...I catch a lot of grief over it.

I imagine. To me it was the worst Halloween ever made,but, hey, we all have our own individual tastes.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I always felt the series would have remained interesting had they continued creating totally original, unrelated Halloween films but I'm not a big slasher film fan so I'm biased.

You wouldn't believe the looks on people's faces when they stroll along my DVD collection and notice only two Halloween DVDs on my shelf lol

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

but I'm not a big slasher film fan so I'm biased.

I personally like slasher films, although, they do tend to get a bit ridiculous. I mean, I don't care how crazy someone is, if they get an axe blow to the head, they aren't getting up as if nothing happened.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I grew up on all of the slasher films from the late 70's and all through the 80's and it's always nice to occasionally revisit them but I find slasher films in general offer nothing new. When you see as many films as I do a month it's absolutely necessary to keep things interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For some reason Yahoo removed the trailer from its site,so i found another link to it on Youtube.

Go here to view the trailer
youtube.com...

top topics

join