It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I didn't want to read through all of the threads about 2012, but I have a question, and hope someone can answer it. I watched a show about 2012 on the History Channel last week, and someone said that the planets are supposed to align on December 21, 2012. They also stated that some were worried about a pole shift when this happens, but they really didn't know what happens when the planets align. Does anybody have anymore information on this, b/c I have been doing some searches and have found no more information about this, the only thing I have found is that the SUN is supposed to align with the black hole in the Milky Way galaxy, which leads me to another question aren't WE in the Milky Way galaxy. My husband also watched this show and thinks that something bad is going to happen. I personnally think nothing will happen, but who knows???

Any help or answers is much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There is so much info out there, just google it.

There are many theories as to what exactly will happen, it really depends on what you want to believe. I am not sure you will get much of a response due to the first sentence in your post. You really have to do your homework.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Do a search on Google/Google Video on the Maya Calendar and you'll find some interesting things...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The planets align all the time. I think the planet theory has been proven in the past to mean nothing.
Our solar system is on the out side edge of the milky way galaxy, and what is going to happen is the solar system will align with the galactic plain.
Some think that the galaxy puts off a "vibration" or frequency that is generated from the center of the galaxy. This vibration is what people speculate will put our solar system in sync with the galaxy.
Some think the vibration will alter our "dimentional status" Bringing us to a different dimention and in sync with the other inhabited planets in the galaxy. Basically we will enter the intergalactic federation if there is such a thing.

Others think the galactic plain will upgrade us into a different type of species. One that has more control over supernatural things and basically bring the fiction of everything you have been told about esp, spontaniouse regeneration, DNA manipulation and so on into the power of the human brain for its manipulation.

There are quite a few people who say it is the rapture. Armagedon or dooms day. Only the few who are true will survive.

And finally there are those who say it is a day where the earth will be struck by one of the following.
Mystery planet named "X"
A huge solar flare
A gamma ray burst from the super massive black hole in the center of our galaxy
or a large comet or meteor.

My guess is it is the day aliens have given civilisation to get ready for disclosure. At least that my hope. It's purely based on wanting to take a ride on a saucer to be honest. LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i have heard lots of possible things that might happen on that day. mostly to do with the allingment of plannetary objects and a pole change on earth. If you look at the mayan callender you will see it is round. Now i think this day in 2012, is the beggining/end of another cycle that lasts about 3500 years.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A really interesting book I'm reading now that talks about the world during the pole shifting is called, "Ravage" by René Barjavel. It's in French, and I'm sure you can find an english translation of it. The cool thing about the book that takes place is the dependence the society, in the book, has on technology and magnetics etc. It's a really good read, if you want someone's perspectives on how the world will change when the supposed pole shift takes place.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can tell you not to worry about it. There's not a thing we can do about it anyways. It's like the Y2k scare in 2000. I just went about my business as usual and when morning came my computer was working fine. Just do your searching and reading on the subject. There is so much information to find on just about anything you want, but you got to search and find it. Goodluck

[edit on 3/12/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have heard that pole shifts have happended in the past, & that the North Pole was once on the equator. Thanks for all of the info. I did google it, but most of the stuff seems like it was retarded. I guess I think that nothing will happen, I mean I don't possibly see how the Mayans could have predicted the world ending. I don't think disclosure will happen either, it would be great though!!! I am thinking that Dec. 21, 2012 will be like any other day. Or I am hoping anyway. Even if something did happen, there would be nothing that we could do about it.

I sometimes think that we mere mortals forget that we live on a planet. And obviously our planet is going to have happen to it what happens on all of the other planets.

I think we should be more worried about the asteroid that is supposed to come so close to us in 2029 & 2036 wouldn't you???

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I heard the asteroid is coming in 2015 or 2016. As for 2012, just a whole lot of hype as Solarskye said. Every few years someone always says the worlds going to end on a certain date, one philosopher (can't remember who it is
) thought the world was ending in the 80's. Watch "2001, A Space Oddissy" and you'll see what I mean, back in the 60's they thought we would be living on the moon by now.
As for the Maya Calender, could it just be that they ended the calender on that date because they decided, "Hey, we're not going to live that long, let the younger generation complete it." It seems to be happening a lot in our culture.

[edit on 13/03/07 by MAD Hatt3r]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This site seems to be the closest to most of the shows I have seen on the Discovery Channel about the Mayan Calendar:
Izapan Cosmos:
A brief survey of Izapan iconography and astronomy in the Group F ballcourt

You should enjoy it….

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by i_want_to_believe

I didn't want to read through all of the threads about 2012, but I have a question

Then, you really don't want to know.
You just want points, in my opinion.

Those of us interested, have read the threads.
I suggest you do the same.

Regards,
Lex

Edit twice due to my not seeing my dyslexia.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Lexion]

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by i_want_to_believe

I didn't want to read through all of the threads about 2012, but I have a question

Originally posted by Lexion

Then, you really don't want to know.
You just want points, in my opinion.

That was not what I was doing at all. My husband had a question so I asked it on here for him. It was bath time and bed time in my house. My husband and I were in a discussion about it, and I actually had no time to read all of the threads at that time. This evening however I have went back and read the threads. I know that was your opinion, but you have me all wrong. I am done on this thread. My questions have been answered.

Thanks to those who helped me.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here is a crop circle of the mayan calendar.

In my opinion they are straight up telling us that this is going to happen. Get ready folks, the changes are imminent.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
2012 can be anything we want it to be. If enough people are ready for spiritual evolution at the time of allignment (11:11am 12/21/2012) then we will ascend into a higher vibrational density. If enough of us are aware of this date and begin to anticipate the same acceleration of our evolution, then it will simply become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you look at the way the world is heading, it will probably come just at the right time.

2012 will not cause a concsciousness shift, the conscious shift will cause 2012.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Here is a crop circle of the mayan calendar.

In my opinion they are straight up telling us that this is going to happen. Get ready folks, the changes are imminent.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Vipassana]

why are you posting a fake pic?

anyway 2012 is more likely going to be nothing. If anything it could be the polar shift. I believe the mayans have documented the previous one and worked out how long it would take to happen again and scientists have said that they are due to change any day now. This could be why atlantis dissapeared off the face of the earth. Maybe the switch caused sea levels to change in diferent areas of the planet causing several civilizations to be wiped out. Maybe when it shifts again these ancient places will be revealed, allowing us to learn the secrets of the past. The world may eventually learn our true origins. we can finally stop arguing about religion and realise we are all in this together and world peace finally ensues and man can finally explore space together as one
or that my just be my own personal dream.

new topics

top topics

join