It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid Power: Busted

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

well as usual... read my post...I will bet my life that the experiments have been done

i read your post
it was heavily agendised
and are you claiming that you don't know that the experiments have been done
there goes your credibility
not that you actually had any to start with
while your getting your pipe look up the term "micro climate" eh

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
This looked pretty solid. They built their pyramid to exact specifications and placed the object in a precise spot within the structure.

Chronic_blaze, do you have any links, other documentation, or maybe an example of these experiments you speak of?
Also, ""green" substance"? What in the world are you talking about?
LOL go to your local dealer and get some "skunk" then you can do the experiment your self

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi All,

I researched a bit about pyramid power a few years ago, and from what I remember, most people used the pyramid shape to meditate under. (Either creating thier own, or purchasing one.) I am of the belief that if you truely believe in pyramid power, then you will indeed find that it works.

If, however, you are skeptical or in anyway have some form of doubt about it, then you will see results that back up your viewpoint.(That is if you perform the experiment yourself.)

As far as Mythbusters goes, and many of the programing on the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, and Animal Planet which are all part of the Discovery Network, I take all of those shows with a grain of salt. I have often bore witness to severly biased propaganda-based programing on those channels, and have since then decided to use the info they provide as a gateway to start my own research into the topic at hand. (Which I tend to do with pretty much everything.
)

For those interested in reading some info on pyramid power, here are a few links that I googled to get you started:

Quick pyramid power info

About.com's info on pyramid power

I became interested in the subject because I find the pyramid shape to be very asthetically appealing, and I found it facinating that ancient cultures utilized this shape, in various forms, for grand purposes. I have a small jewelry holder pyramid, that I bought because I thought it was pretty, and because I was curious to see what effects, if any it would have on small objects placed in it.

So far I havent noticed anything one way or the other, but then again, I wasnt really actively experimenting with it either. My favorite item, though, is a large crystal with several phantom pyramids located inside of it. I find that staring at it gives me a sense of euphoric excitement. Of course, that is why I bought it. That and the fact that I thought it was cool as hell.

Here is a picture of a similar one:

This is known as a phantom quartz crystal, and here is some info on how they are formed
Phantom Crystals if anyone is curious.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Marduk ...

well as usual... read my post...I will bet my life that the experiments have been done.... read the book, source the results then make some noise.

I don't think you'd be wise to make that bet.

I did, in fact, search through journals and other peer-reviewed papers (for pyramid and razor blade sharpening, since that's least likely to get false hits.) There was exactly ONE paper about them. For a skeptic's magazine. It talked about how social pressures influence people to believe things that are not true. This particular writer did indeed read Supernature and other books you haven't listed :
home.sc.rr.com...

You can repeat the search: scholar.google.com (that's a journal search engine)

And it's easy to see that the ancients didn't use pyramids for this purpose. We find lots of grave furnishings and household items and paintings of these things. None of them has pictures or models of tiny pyramids for sharpening razors (which everyone used back then, since the custom was to shave all the hair off the body) or preserving food (all the large pyramids on the landscape couldn't have preserved food for 1/1000th of the population.)

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
i hope you dont take the myth busters seriously... in one episode they tested the effects of a falling bullet on a human head...

and instead of using lets say a HUMAN mankin they used the head of a PIG. that makes the test a waste of time a human is not a pig.

In fact, pig cadavers are used for testing a lot of things (including some phases of crash testing) when scientists don't want to use humans. The organs are in about the right position and shape and the bone is of similar density and pigs are readily available.
www.gsreport.com...

Pigs are also used by the military to train combat trauma medics:
pigofknowledge.blogspot.com...

And in forensic training:
www.abc.net.au...
www.udel.edu...

And in transplants:
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

...etc, etc.

So, worldwide these animals really are used as human analogs by scientists and researchers and trainers.

Edited to add that they're also used in nerve gas research.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Byrd just for kicks do you recall the angles that u used when building the pyramids with your friends to "test" out the theory's

because the angle of the pyramid's slopes must be 51º 51' which creates a ratio of 2 x pi (3.14) between the height of the pyramid and it's base perimeter, (same) as the radius of a circle x 2 x pi gives its circumference seems like the geometry of a circle was traslated to the pyramid

[edit on 13-3-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
Byrd just for kicks do you recall the angles that u used when building the pyramids with your friends to "test" out the theory's

because the angle of the pyramid's slopes must be 51º 51' which creates a ratio of 2 x pi (3.14) between the height of the pyramid and it's base perimeter, (same) as the radius of a circle x 2 x pi gives its circumference seems like the geometry of a circle was traslated to the pyramid

[edit on 13-3-2007 by cpdaman]
which pyramid are you basing that angle on
because there are several pyramids and all the angles of slope are different
does this mean that because the AE weren't using 51º 51' that their pyramid wouldn't sharpen Razor blades
well all i can say is that they should have tried my new discovery for sharpening razor blades
i'm calling it the "get a new one out of the packet" theory
I've been testing it for over 20 years
shortly i should be releasing a paper
but its so far fetched i dont think anyone will believe it

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

Not offhand, though we did use several. I know we went to a lot of trouble to duplicate the Giza structure which (as the books of that time claimed) would make it "work." I had friends who were really into it with the meditation and all.

And I played with a few of the commercial crystal ones. They're pretty.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Byrd,

If I remember correctly, the ancient folks in the moddle and near east didn't use razor blades for defoliation - They scrubbed the hair away with a pumice stone.

And to think, these days we've upgraded to, what, twelve blades and teflon creams?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronic_Blaze

I agree with you. A prime example was the myth of aeroplane on a treadmill. They even got the basics of aeroplane speeds wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Being the owner of a small metal lathe in my home shop I read a lot of stuff pertaining to home machining and the like and I think this falls into the pyramid/razor blade sharpening experiment.

One machinist writer-guy wrote that old machinists would sharpen their cutting bits and if they didn't need them right away the bits were stored away.

In a drawer most times, perhaps in a box - wood or steel would be preferred over cardboard, but nothing special in shape.

To a man, all of these old machinists reported that their cutting bits lasted longer after being stored away for a few days.

An interesting little fact it was and reading about the razor blade sharpening brought the memory back.

Along with an Old Wives tale that razor blades will go dull if left on a windowsill overnight.

The dullness part probably due to the blade was carbon steel as were most of the disposable razor blades on the market at the time and it didn't take much moisture in the night air to damage the cutting edge.

When the Wilkinson (UK brand) Sword Blades showed up in the USA razor blade market, carbon blades took a drop in sales and eventually USA companies went to making stainless blades.

Getting back to the lathe bits lasting longer when stored for a while, a lot of things can happen at the molecular level so maybe it's true.

My opinion is; the bits wear dull in use and over a few days it's time for a new and sharp bit.
The new bit which cuts better than the old and dull bit is probably where the time/sharpness tale came from.

Far as I can tell, my own experience on an amateur level shows old and new bits lasting about the same length of time.

Provided they were both equally sharp at the time of use.

Being an amateur buyer/seller of lathes sized for a small home shop I ended up with a lot of cutting bits.
They're usually ground to the shape required for the cut to be made.
When some folks sell an old lathe everything lathe related goes.

Some of these old bits are probably over 50 years old and cut as good as the new ones.
Granted, newer cutting bit alloys do last longer, but it's interesting to touch on a little history from an old machinist who sharpened that particular bit many years in the past....

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

They used razors made from stone and later moved to copper and bronze

Razors

They may have used pumice stones too but I've not heard of that before (ouch).

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So, they discovered that triangles don't have magical powers?

Well that's a relief.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thanks so much for that link, it's amazing!

The great thing about their technology is that it's almost immediately recognizable as such, even through my modern eyes. A crafty people, those ancient Egyptians.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Correction: They were a particularly crafty people with an odd sense of hilarity.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Byrd and others are you sure your entire attempt was correct?

Are you soo sure in your disbelief?

You do challenge some very great minds and organisations indeed.

For example placing the orientation correct, and the distance from the base of the Pyramid to match the current chamber as seen in the real thing?

The razor blade idea came about when Drbal read about some experiments with pyramid shapes by a Frenchman named Bovis. Monsieur Bovis, when visiting the Great Pyramid, found dead animals that had wandered into the King's Chamber. They hadn't decayed, as one would expect, but they had mummified. Although the air inside the Pyramid was humid, the mummification process had been perfectly carried out. Returning home, Bovis made a model of the Great Pyramid of Cheops, and put a dead cat inside. The flesh didn't decay, it just mummified. From that, and subsequent experiments, Bovis declared that the pyramid shape can stop normal decay of organic matter.

So it was observed and further:

Back in Czechoslovakia, Karel Drbal confirmed the tests carried out by Monsieur Bovis. Drbal decided to go a step further, and so the razor blade experiment was born. Drbal found that old, blunt, razor blades, when put under a little pyramid, regained their sharp edges. This was so successful, that he applied for a patent for his 'razor blade sharpeners.' Eventually the patent (number 91304) was issued at the patent office of the Czechoslovakian Republic in 1959. As a result, little red and white plastic pyramids started appearing all over the country.

Patented pyramids lol, bet the Egyptians were not happy about that,

However:

After I showed the razor blade experiment on television in 1976, I was contacted by a viewer in Wollongong, New South Wales. He claimed that he had been using a blue Gillette blade every day, for nearly eleven years, and it is still as sharp as the day he bought it. After each shave, he pops the blade back under his pyramid, and the next day, it's ready for use again. If you would like to try this fascinating experiment for yourself, here's all you need to do.

This is a author like the original I posted who are skeptics and scientists and not prone to flights of fancy:

and further in reply to the lathe machinist stating that storing the baldes anywhere is ok well:

I have found that the old fashioned blue Gillette blade i& the best one to use. Although I notice that Dr Lyall Watson, in Supernature, says his greatest success is with Wilkinson Sword blades. So right here you have demonstrable evidence that some force is generated within the pyramid shape. The question then is 'What is the force?' Why is that particular shape required? Wouldn't any shape do as well? Apparently not, as you can find out for yourself if you have two razor blades that need sharpening and place one under the pyramid, and the other one in some other shaped container, such as an old shoe box. Then you can see the difference. It would appear that the shape is important. Why, is still a matter of some considerable conjecture.

Further still if a MILLION dollar experiment and a Nobel Prize Winning Scientist, together with the best recording equipment available in the world at the time are "Baffled" by the properties of these shapes, who we to hold onto such claims of ridicule??

We can take a tentative step further with this question by looking at a scientific experiment that began in 1968, which, rather than offering any sort of solution, added to the mystery. American scientists,
including members of the United States Atomic Energy Commission, and the Smithsonian Institute, joined up with scientists from the Ein Shams University in Cairo, to conduct experiments with a machine that had been developed by Dr Luis Alvarez, a Nobel prize-winner. The machine was to be
used to measure the passage of cosmic rays as they passed through the Chephren Pyramid. This pyramid is almost as large as the Great Pyramid of Cheops, and it was built by Cheops' brother.

The method of X-raying the pyramid would indicate whether there were any secret vaults inside. A detector was placed in a chamber at the bottom of the Chephren Pyramid to measure the cosmic rays as they passed through the structure. If the pyramid was solid, the cosmic rays would be recorded
uniformly. If there were any hollow areas, then more rays would be able to pass through. The route taken by the rays were to be recorded on magnetic tape. The tapes could then be fed into computers, which would show the exact place where each cosmic ray had struck and entered the pyramid.
By September 1968, two-million ray tracks had been recorded. Everything seemed to have gone satisfactorily up to that point, and one of the scientists, Dr Lauren Yazolino returned to America so
that the tapes could be analysed by one of the most up-to-date computers at Berkeley. A few months later, the new IBM 1130 computer arrived at the Ein Shams University, and the miles of tape recordings that had been collected at the pyramid, were fed into the computer. The world finally heard the result of the research from a reporter from the London Times, John Tunstall. He had spoken to Dr Amr Gohed, who was in charge of the installations at the pyramid site. Dr Gohed admitted that he was more than just puzzled. Nothing made sense. One day the tapes had shown the cosmic rays hitting the Chephren Pyramid in one way, but the next day, everything was quite different. The patterns were never the same. As Dr Gohed said, 'This is scientifically impossible.' He indicated that there is a
mystery beyond explanation. Some force that defies the laws of science is at work in the pyramid. The known laws of physics had been brought into question.

I think I will give mythbusters a miss on this one.

Also any other experiences as I am not able to verify if anyone contributing has actually reproduced, the exact dimensions, and placed any such objects within the correct place as indicated in the work.

The First Scientist I quoted on Page 1 has himself had these results.

His work includes the following:

Phd in Biology
Research work and contributor to Anthropology in many parts of the world.
Lead scientist in Archeological digs in many parts of the world to include Israel and Jerusalem.
Marine Biology project Manager In the Indian ocean.
Some limited Botany Research to an UN study in Deserts of Africa.
Medical Research and report author in Phillipines in emerging diseases.

The Nobel Laureate and the American Atomic Institute all speak for themselves really, in the unexplained cosmic ray readings within the above pyramid.

The main Text quoted from a Debunker Skeptic Mysteries Myths or Marvels by Kevin Arnett(PDF Scribd-membership/free registration required)

In addition as you will find if you read the most important Western Philosophical writer/traveller of the late Victorian Age and early 1900's, who is without a doubt Seminal and original in his breadth of work and experiences for the Western world in "In search of Secret Eqypt" Paul Brunton- had a very very strange experience in the Great Pyramid.

This man was one who had travelled most of the Asian Continent spending time with fakirs, Sages, yogis of all traditions, and remained very close minded to actual "mystical" goings on even when for example animals were apparently brought back to life in front of him, Iron bars bent with the stare of a Yogi etc... meditated and learnt with many great masters....

One night in the Great Pyramid Kings Chamber alone evoked a description soo forceful and profound within him, that I have not seen it replicated in any other of his works, travels or marvels witnessed.

I think I will take this with a pinch of acceptance of the above to be honest and no salt at all!!!

Pyramid Power Busted- lol I don't Think so, there is something to that design/form/shape/ratio that seems to be beyond our current ability to explain fully, and anyone who thinks otherwise I think is not looking deeply enough into the wealth of material on it. Most garbage accepted, but some as shown not at all.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Ah Howdy Mishevious

All you've done is report decades old hearsay. Here is what you do. Conduct scientifically valid tests, publish your results and ask others to, following your same procedures, duplicate them.

Once you do that you'll know the answer.

Like magic spells - they say they always work but when others try them the execuse is that they didn't quite say the words right - that is the same arguement you are using for the angles.

Pyramid powered died an inglorious death a long time ago. Let it rot away...or prove it, don't just go on about it like its real, PROVE its real.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Pyramid powered died an inglorious death a long time ago. Let it rot away...or prove it, don't just go on about it like its real, PROVE its real.

MMMM excuse me I provided a very good source my freind several.

Can you please prove , because I have not been able to find it, the explanation for the results from the Cosmic ray Experiments carried out?

Please,

Show me why that research if done then is not valid now?

Did you read the entire post?

Obviously not.

Show me the reason for the cosmic ray variance within the Pyramid, as observed by the Scientists from the American Atomic Institue, the Smithsonian, and a Nobel laureatte?

Im sorry do nuclear bombs not exist because they were designed way before the experiments I show above.

Cmon

Elf

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

MMMM excuse me I provided a very good source my freind several.

Hans: You provide hearsay and antedotal opinion. In forty years not a single published paper supporting this idea? No commercial use of such a wonder??

Can you please prove , because I have not been able to find it, the explanation for the results from the Cosmic ray Experiments carried out?

Hans: It took 43 seconds for me to find where that made up story was....

debunked 40 years ago

Please, Did you read the entire post?

Hans: Sure did, same old non-evidenced opinon about 'pyramid power', I've seen before. Did you read the article above?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Hans: You provide hearsay and antedotal opinion. In forty years not a single published paper supporting this idea? No commercial use of such a wonder??

My Bad for the quoted research then. Found it in 3 separate books so I took it as read.

Thank you for finding that.

However on the point of Watson maybe not going to the original source for his work, I do believe him being a scientist that if he made the pyramid himself as described and had those affects, he is telling the truth.

He has no reason to lie about that its such a small part of the work Supernature 1 page, which by the way does contain a wealth of very very interesting information on biological strangeness, that is sourced from research papers not just other books.

Star from me for putting me straight on this one, Am going to build one now this week and exactly to proportions and in right Alignment to N/S etc to see if my Razors are blunted quicker outside!

Is interesting even from a belief point of view, if the actual shape has no effect but something is happening as described that is strange enough in itself, and very quantum orientated.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join