It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid Power: Busted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was watching an episode of MythBusters today and thought I'd share. Apparently, ancient civilizations thought that the pyramid shape had some sort of powers that would produce miraculous occurances, such as preserving food and sharpening razor blades.

Here is a website that talks about it:

"Somehow in Flanagan's mind the most startling claims, no matter how unsubstantiated, have to be believed. Pyramids, he says, preserve food from decay, sharpen razor blades"

www.oddbooks.com...

And here's the MythBusters episode, the pyramids take the back burner to the featured act in this episode. But it's in there nonetheless.
video.glath.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'd take MythBusters with a grain of salt. I'm not so sure that they're that credible.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ive seen more than a few episodes where the "myth busters" have tweaked the experiments in such ways as they no longer resembled the original myth or by using different substances and items than the original myth.

As for the Pyramids, Ive seen quite a few experiments done that show they do help in strange ways like healing people and preserving food.

Ive got first hand knowledge that some particular "green" substances can be dried in record times by placing said item in a small cardboard pryamid box I have.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This looked pretty solid. They built their pyramid to exact specifications and placed the object in a precise spot within the structure.

Chronic_blaze, do you have any links, other documentation, or maybe an example of these experiments you speak of?
Also, ""green" substance"? What in the world are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
I was watching an episode of MythBusters today and thought I'd share. Apparently, ancient civilizations thought that the pyramid shape had some sort of powers that would produce miraculous occurances, such as preserving food and sharpening razor blades.

Actually, NO ancient civilizations believed this.

Mythbusters were replicating experiments that have been done many times before... and they got the same results. I remember some of the challengers in the 1970's taking these on, and friends and I also tested the claims after seeing the challenges.

Here's a page about the data (preserved food actually found in a lot of places and not just pyramids;
www.margaretmorrisbooks.com...

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Chronic_blaze, do you have any links, other documentation, or maybe an example of these experiments you speak of?

I'll look. It was a TV show where some guy built his own pyramid and allowed people to use it. Many people reported they were healde form all sorts of things, but off the top of my head, their headaches dissappeared almost instantly, chronic arthritis pain went away while inside and depression went away while inside. I don't remember if any significant diseases (ie. cancer, aids) were cured, but many things were. I'll look around for it tonight.

Also, ""green" substance"? What in the world are you talking about?

A riddle to abide by ATS standards. It really did speed drying up alot.
Hit: its a plant

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
Ive got first hand knowledge that some particular "green" substances can be dried in record times by placing said item in a small cardboard pryamid box I have.

That's because the very dry cardboard or whatever quickly "sucks" the moist out of "whatever" is put inside it ;o) I believe a cardboard cube would work just as well.

Hail Mary :S

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That's because the very dry cardboard or whatever quickly "sucks" the moist out of "whatever" is put inside it ;o) I believe a cardboard cube would work just as well.

No it wasn't regular cardboard. Its like a model pyramid made of heavy paper, kinda like bristol board but thicker and alot stronger. An old girlfriend gave it to me, she said it came with chocolates stacked in a pyramid inside it. Its definatly not soaking any moisture into it. Its shiny too, if I put drops of water on the base it would just bead off of it. Kinda hard to explain, especially with a buzz goin, Ill take a picture in the morning if your that interested.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Actually, NO ancient civilizations believed this.

Thanks Byrd, I guess MythBusters needs to sharpen up on their info. And I need to stop believing everything I see on the Discovery Channel.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've never heard of ancient civilizations believing in 'pyramid power', but I have seen modern references to it, all in maybe the last hundred years or a bit more. (ever since serious exploration of Egypt in the 19th century) It is something a few people believe in, but as far as I am aware, it is a modern phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
oh boy
have any of you who believe this actually seen a mummified body taken out of one
they don't look all that fresh you know

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
Why would you want to dry your "green" substances fast? It degrades it. Go slow, then start curing in glass. Or bury it wrapped in corn husks like some African tribes. (they used to use banana leaves, but corn is better)

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't think there is any evidence for healing, but for the food preservation, interesting...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have discovered in my home an even better shape for preserving food
it is a white oblong box and it plugs in at a socket in the kitchen
using this shape which i call a frigidaireahegan i can keep food fresh for far longer than it would stay so naturally. It is essential that the box is painted white as this reflects solar radiation and helps the inner mysterious workings
I have tried this out by experimenting with it over a 36 year period and now am ready to publish my findings
mind you
i don't think anyone would believe me as it sounds so bizarre

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is repeated, sourced and peer reviewed experiments in the Fantastic Book "Supernature" by ... mmm... Lyal Watson I believe.

Anyhow the material you use for the pyramid does not matter. You can use like in some of the actual Lab Experiments Polystyrene foam... or wood or stone like the originals....

so its not the material of construction taking out the moisture, and preserving the objects.

Now it has been shown in those experiments that the only thing for this mysterious process to be actualise and achieve is the correct dimensions scaled from the original Egyptian ratios and angles. No matter what material you then use it works.

In those experiments it was shown repeatedly that organic matter placed in the pyramid does not decay at the same rate as in the same environment but just outside this.

Also it has been shown that razors do resharpen. The Author of the above seminal and groundbreaking book actually used a pack of razors for 4 months whilst using this method.

There does seem to be some type of charge or potential variance at work in the case of razor blades... and the effects of the Pyramid Structure and Dimensions seems somehow to manipulate in an unknown manner the electrical fields...or more correctly the potential on the surface of these objects. Much of the "blunt" bits of the blade are then realigned or stripped by this process so that a more uniform and stable potential is then created on the surface molecules of the blade, creating again a smooth and sharp razor.

This works it has been proven... though how is unknown to modern science... but known very well to ancient civilizations in pre history.. quite humbling actually they actually seemed to understand it better than modern science.

The above book is a true must read for all who want to be surprised, accept scientifically proven and not theoretical strangeness from the universe.

Regards

Elf

found the book and author...

Supernature

Njoy

[edit on 13-3-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Small models made not of stone, but of paper, wood or other materials, have been tested for desiccating organic matter and sharpening razor blades. Independent tests have not consistently demonstrated pyramid models to be capable of preserving organic matter.

The phenomenon of preservation, therefore, may be due to microclimate, the climate within a structure. The importance of microclimate seems apparent from remarkable examples of food preservation in Egyptian tombs that do not involve a pyramid.

At Saqqara, Egypt, Egyptologists excavated a 2nd Dynasty tomb of a woman of lesser nobility. Her tomb dates to before the pyramids were built. In accordance with funerary customs, an elaborate meal was set out on pottery platters and alabaster and diorite plates and bowls.

The ritual meal consisted of porridge, quail, kidneys, pigeon, fish, beef ribs, triangular loaves of bread, circular cakes and fruits. Their state of preservation was so excellent that Egyptologists easily recognized all of the foods in the entire meal, although it is almost 5,000 years old. The example suggests that shape is not the key to the preservation popularly known as ' pyramid power.'"

www.margaretmorrisbooks.com...

dude you didnt consider for a minute that the airless climate inside a sealed pyramid may account for the preservation
and you backed this up by claiming that an experiment carried out in sterile lab conditions produced the same results
no s**t sherlock

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i hope you dont take the myth busters seriously... in one episode they tested the effects of a falling bullet on a human head...

and instead of using lets say a HUMAN mankin they used the head of a PIG. that makes the test a waste of time a human is not a pig.

im 100% positive they changed a couple things in that experiment.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Marduk ...

well as usual... read my post...I will bet my life that the experiments have been done.... read the book, source the results then make some noise.

regards

elf

ps full of B**Sh*t as and hot air as usual Murduk... fetch my pipe! and violen whilst youre at it on the way to the library.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by MischeviousElf]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
I have discovered in my home an even better shape for preserving food
it is a white oblong box and it plugs in at a socket in the kitchen
using this shape which i call a frigidaireahegan i can keep food fresh for far longer than it would stay so naturally. It is essential that the box is painted white as this reflects solar radiation and helps the inner mysterious workings
I have tried this out by experimenting with it over a 36 year period and now am ready to publish my findings
mind you
i don't think anyone would believe me as it sounds so bizarre

i think you may find that the same box in the brushed or stainless steel variety works as well

but the real magic of your configuration is the black plastic tail that u use to secure it to the wall so it doesnt run away...jmho

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I'd take MythBusters with a grain of salt. I'm not so sure that they're that credible.

Neither am I... they seem to have an agenda much of their own... Kind of like Penn & Teller...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join