It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Issues - PRIORITY #1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So far, most, but not all, of the issues we've been challenging one another on have been concerns related to foreign policy and peripheral concerns....but the President's primary job is not Ambassador or Foreign Policy, but rather the interests of the citizens of the United States. Those who sign his check!

My questions are simple and broad - in order that we might have the necessary room to come up with some new ideas and promising solutions to the things which are weakening the infrastructure of American Society.

#1 Unemployment
#2 Poverty - how do we eliminate homelessness and hunger?
#3 Affordable Health care for ALL citizens - especially the elderly and the single parent households
#4 Education - the quality of our primary and secondary schools and also the lack of equal opportunity for the underprivileged who do not qualify for scholarships or other financial aid
#5 Crime and the absence of domestic peace - specifically the idea of needless acts of violence both on the streets and at home

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
So far, most, but not all, of the issues we've been challenging one another on have been concerns related to foreign policy and peripheral concerns....but the President's primary job is not Ambassador or Foreign Policy, but rather the interests of the citizens of the United States. Those who sign his check!

My questions are simple and broad - in order that we might have the necessary room to come up with some new ideas and promising solutions to the things which are weakening the infrastructure of American Society.

#1 Unemployment
#3 Affordable Health care for ALL citizens - especially the elderly and the single parent households
#4 Education - the quality of our primary and secondary schools and also the lack of equal opportunity for the underprivileged who do not qualify for scholarships or other financial aid
#5 Crime and the absence of domestic peace - specifically the idea of needless acts of violence both on the streets and at home

#1: What are you asking? I think unemployment should be dealt by giving people job training and then putting them on an actual workplace. They should not be getting welfare. Welfare is not the solution to most problems.
#2: Poverty is unrelated, we should be getting the nation's income above the poverty line because when that average income meter is above the poverty line people are generally wealthy.
#3: Affordable healthcare should not be for all citizens but for there should be a place where people can apply to free healthcare and so they can see and make it like a survey to see how many people want it.
#5: Never going to happen. Crime is a statistic and although the crimewave in some areas will go down the crime wave will still be high everywhere else and also though little can be do to prevent it at least we have the police force to prevent things from coming out of control. What absence of domestic peace are you referring to? I live in the suburbs and I see little to no violence here.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
#1- Well in this respect I think I'm going to take a chapter from the new deal. If given presidency I would start a series of public works projects. I don't think that people should be given money for not working. I do feel sorry for families who can't get work because of a lack. I mean you can't make a living working at a gas station. I would pay the people doing this stuff, enough to make a decent living. For the people who can work but choose not to because they like getting easy money, well guess what, no more welfare for you. There's no reason that people should be able to sit home and have taxpayers pay for their life.

#2- Same thing, massive public works projects. People will have the money that they need by doing the work. They will have more jobs. These programs will hire ANYONE who is able bodied. I mean, of course were not going to put an untrained man in a bulldozer, but we will take people who can do the work and give them jobs. This means that people will not only be doing service and cleaning things up but they will be earning their own money. Kind of like killing two birds with one stone. Plus theirs no worry of outsourcing.

#3- Stop giving money to oil companies, worthless r&d projects that go overbudget and dont really help society, and stop giving tax cuts to the rich. We'll give them to the poor, and take the money from the rich. With all of this money we will implement a universal healthcare system for those who NEED it. Like I've said before, theres no reason a child has to die from poisoning that came from an abcess in his teeth. Its rediculous that that mother has to suffer because he couldnt get the care he needed because they didnt have coverage.

#4- Scrap no child left behind. A child in a New York City school is not going to do better because we test him until he gets "up to standard". Chances are actually that he will drop out. I think what we need to do is focus on giving the schools more money so that they can do more hands on things. Kids will listen if they get to go to watch a play at broadway instead of letting them read hamlet in a run down classroom. Make it more fun to be in school. Then we get to after school. Why dont we make it so that getting financial aid is way more easy. Instead of saying this is what your parents should be able to pay, be like here this is a grant. Give the lower class kids grants. There could be this kid that is a genius but he cant afford college because he lives in a poor neighborhood with parents who dont make a lot of money.

#5- A lot of crime is spawned from the fact that people dont have money. I mean, youre never going to get rid of axe murderers, so why focus. A lot of kids try hardcore drugs to escape from poverty, and a bad life. Thats where the publics works projects come in again. Instead of giving them money give them and occupation which gives them money. Give a man a fish he can eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime. Plus if you have people working all day a lot of them are going to be too tired to go rob a store.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

#1 Unemployment

The best way to get rid of unemployment is to create jobs.
Therefore, I would create infrastructure production and improvement
projects.

I would also create production jobs, to help make America both an
Export and import country again.

Well, when it comes to homelessness, you have a problem, there is
voluntary and involuntary homelessness.

For involuntary homelessness, I would set up facilities where they could
live, be fed, and get the neccessary training they needed to get back
onto there feet.

As for involuntary, well I would create less incentives, that being
disallowing giving money ot the homeless, as depending where they
are, they can make huge sums of money that way, and they choose to
continue doing so, simply because it's an easy way to get rich.
I would however not disallow giving them food.

Also, anyone who wanted to go into the programs I mentioned above,
could, regardless of there past, however they would be required to do
certain things, and not just be lazy bums living off the tax payers dollar.

I advocate total, free universal healthcare, unless you are actively
abusing a substance to such an extent that you know it is causing a
great deal of harm to your body.

However, that's not to say if you acidentally OD'd a first time that you
would have to pay.

I beleive everyone, regardless of socioeconomic status should have
equal education, and that that education should be a good one.

There really is not alot that you can do about this without infringing upon
peoples rights.

However, I do believe that legalizing and regulating drugs would all but
eleiminate drug related crimes, and would make it easier to identify
people, who when on them are abusive towards other people, and thusly
could be more easily prevented from doing so.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

#1 Unemployment

we re-introduce a lot of industry back into the United States of America. The U.S.A. can produce everything that it needs, if it tried and if companies stopped trying to make such a massive profit. This profit does not go to the average person but to the richest members of society. If they did not earn so much, you’d not have the situation you have now where cars are imported, where most products the U.S.A. could easily be made there. This would increase the amount of people in work and thus reduce a lot of problems for the U.S.A.

Simple: We introduce social ideas that work. Homelessness and Hunger are problems that do not need to exist, we should not have people on the street who can’t survive, we should not have people out of homes. But the problem exists because of the million and 1 people who own a second home. If these people did not own a second home there would be no homeless people. High house prices mean more people rent, mean more people who work can’t afford to move out. None of this helps the economy out; as for food 0 the amount I’ve seen thrown out speaks for itself. Food is over priced, when it should not be. They need to grow these products in the U.S.A.. and run them at cost.

Already addressed this in my own thread.

If you’d like further questions answered or me to clear things up, ask me here

new topics

top topics

join