It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow disease in US!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey shouldn't the price of beef go down a lot? I'm going to fill my freezer!!! Long as you cook it well what's the worry?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No.. Mad Cow disease is a protein based bacteria, prion, that can't be cooked out.. thats why everyone makes a "fuss" about it

The only way to get it out is by higher tempratures. Much higher than normal cooking or even sterilization(even pasturization). The protein is smaller than a virus and isn't affected in the same way as.. say salmonella is when you cook chicken.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
1 cow? out of the gizilens? and they make biggg deal out of it?

am i missing somthing or is this virus or whatever spredlike wildfire?? or are they just nuts?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
No.. Mad Cow disease is a protein based bacteria, prion, that can't be cooked out.. thats why everyone makes a "fuss" about it

The only way to get it out is by higher tempratures. Much higher than normal cooking or even sterilization(even pasturization). The protein is smaller than a virus and isn't affected in the same way as.. say salmonella is when you cook chicken.

Thanks for the info think i'll pass on the cheap beef.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Of course its not just in your STEAKS ... but your salamis, meat spreads, anything with meat products in it....

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
The only way to get it out is by higher tempratures. Much higher than normal cooking or even sterilization(even pasturization).

You obviously haven't eaten any meat product cooked by my mother.

I didn't know that meat had blood in it until I met Springer.

I'm almost serious. If it isn't WELL done, it isn't done - traditional Indian Territory cooking creed.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Merry Christmas America
*hands sample of BSE to a cow*

With regards, The British Government,

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Is there any relation with our infected cattles here in Canada ?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I never knew that COW was used for so many things. If this is allowed to get out of hand you can say goodbye to a lot more than just "Tasty Burgers"!!

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I dont think I will ever eat beef again. And I just saw on the news not long ago about how the cattle farmers are making out so good because the sale of beef was up. Guess thats out the window. Wow! This is totally sickening.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Mad Cow is a mutant disease cause by animal flour in beef food. The prion can be transmitted to human to a lethal disease called "syndrom of creusfeld/jacob".

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudx
Remember John Titor? Didn't he say something about a mad cow disease?

John Titor said something about a Mad Cow deseas eafter it was already public since years. That it will one day come to the USA was just a matter of time, I wish the USA good luck in fighting the desease as it is really crippling economies.
But some people here shocked me about their knowledge about burgers, cows and food in general.

Btw. MCD/CJD also affects sheeps and other animals we make meat of. Theories(I cant remember if it is proofed already) say that the desease is rooted in a desease of sheeps and just jumped to the cows.

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well, I'm probably screwed then. I've eaten meat all my life and if its been undetected in the U.S. for this long, I'm likely a carrier waiting for the dormancy period to end and then cause me a real nasty death.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Terrorist attack??

Think about it.. They want to cripple the American economically.... well this could put a hurt on the USA in a hurry.

Already Japan, the world's top importer of U.S. beef, South Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia and Russia have put at least a temporary ban on US beef. Maybe it was a cow smuggled from Canada for this reason.

It could be a big plot. I could even see PETA, pulling a stunt like this... makes you wonder.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
OK from our counties experiance with this. A couple of links to help you understand it more..

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.defra.gov.uk...
bse.airtime.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Its not your first case, after all Hillary Clinton was around for quite a while....

Yeah, but she didn't have a disease, she was just a mad cow...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier

am i missing somthing or is this virus or whatever spredlike wildfire?? or are they just nuts?

There is one thing you're missing. It takes 8 to 10 years before it's detectable or the cows show symptoms. So it may have spread the disease to MANY more cows in the past 8 years.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How long does it take to show up in Humans?

-P

Originally posted by junglejake

There is one thing you're missing. It takes 8 to 10 years before it's detectable or the cows show symptoms. So it may have spread the disease to MANY more cows in the past 8 years.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Not sure, that's just what I read on CNN last night.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just need to go to Google first from now on:

216.239.57.104...:zm4UxVqworQJ:news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1235525.stm+CJD+incubation+human&hl=en&start=3&ie=UTF-8

That is a Google cache link to the answer. They are estimating 30 years for human incubation!!! So basically we have barely seen the beginning of this?

-P

Originally posted by postings
How long does it take to show up in Humans?

-P

Originally posted by junglejake

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join