It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Again people do not understand the Bible; slavery in those days was the same as you being a slave to your Job today.

no, this specifically means selling your daughter to a man so he can marry her. that's slavery, pure and simple

It's not the same infrastructure as we have now, slavery was a way in which today man was able to form this society now.

...yeah, because that's an excuse for treating people like property.

Genocide was in its forms for different reasons, one for the corrupted bloodlines of man through fallen Angels,

um, nooooo
there is no mention of god ordering a genocide for that in the bible.

two was for God's way to protect the future of the promised people, if God could foresee the other tribe effecting his message and ongoing promises he would do something about it.

hitler used the same reasoning for genocide, to preserve the purity of the divinely chosen race.

God has also warned of mans final days of Judgements when man will join the devil to fight God and his laws them selves against God.

your deity is omnipotent, it shouldn't have any problem fighting off any army of any size

If something’s were not done we would not be here today and if God did not intervene as he predicts in the future comming, mankind would wipe it self out so along the way God would have pushed his limit on our freedoms to the edge.

no, we'd still be here. there is no reason for genocide, not a single excuse. even your petty bronze age mountain god isn't exempt from it.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
After reading this thread on Mormonism: www.belowtopsecret.com... , and seeing what Tamahu said about Budda climbing the tree of life to be Elohim or God, what do you think about a normal person achieving this feat.

Do you think it is possible for one to attain such a high level of advanced spirituality that they are granted true Godliness or be an Elohim.

Elohim = An awakened cosmic intelligence capable of creating a planet or sun.

This seems to contradict the notion that God has been forever, and that it would be impossible for one to attain the rights of God, since there is only one God, right? If there is only one Creator, then how can one or even numerous people be God and create planets and suns.

This might make some sense since space is infinite, but frankly I am not buying it.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Who created god??? Beer Elves, magic mushrooms ?? - I cant believe that this thread has went so long with only one person (Athenion) with the correct answer. MAN created god, nothing else.

Originally posted by AdamSpeaks123
Now consider this:
we are inferior, we have no way of understanding how this universe got here other than the simplist way a powerful mind like Gods could explain, he created it. God will answer our questions when we meet him. But right now we just have to have faith.
SO why dont you have faith in the celestial teapot or those elusive beer elves???

G

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
how about we examine traditional depictions of jesus, the christian god. typically depicted as a white european with long chestnut brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard

if horses had gods they would depict them as horses

so jesus was created by a white european with long, chestnut brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard.

problem solved.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
it all comes down to 2 choices

either God is , has been and always will exist
or the universe created itself from nothing

i chose to believe in God

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom_roberts

no... that's a false dichotomy.
first off, nobody says the universe created itself from nothing. they just follow the first law of thermodynamics... i think its the first law.. i may be wrong. the law of conservation of matter and energy. you can neither create nor destroy matter and energy. therefore matter and energy are eternal and need no creation. therefore the UNIVERSE needs no creator.

and then there are the other 3000 religions in the world that could be right.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I believe something like this is responsible:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My son who was 5 years old at the time and asked me as we were driving down the road how God was made. Thats a good question son I said, I have always been told and read God has always been here and always will be here in this big Universe where all the stars and planets are placed.

That was not a good enough answer for my son, he asks again how was God made and I preceded to explain the same thing over again and talked about the Bible, Gods word. Still not good enough answer, so he gets real quiet for about five minutes. He said Dad, I know how God was made. How is that son? God made himself. Now for a five year old that is some deep thinking. For me this still is the best answer how God, my Creator was made to this day.

To my five year old son he looked at God as a male spiritual supreme being. I feel we have an Ultimate Creator many call God. Rik Riley

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
My son who was 5 years old at the time and asked me as we were driving down the road how God was made. Thats a good question son I said, I have always been told and read God has always been here and always will be here in this big Universe where all the stars and planets are placed.

That was not a good enough answer for my son, he asks again how was God made and I preceded to explain the same thing over again and talked about the Bible, Gods word. Still not good enough answer, so he gets real quiet for about five minutes. He said Dad, I know how God was made. How is that son? God made himself. Now for a five year old that is some deep thinking. For me this still is the best answer how God, my Creator was made to this day.

To my five year old son he looked at God as a male spiritual supreme being. I feel we have an Ultimate Creator many call God. Rik Riley

You know what, I think most of do agree some sort of infinite cycle is at work here. The exact mechanics are subject to debate, sure, but I think most of us do believe that creation is a cyclical process.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Bugger readin the whole thread but....

To the OP, I think you're missing the point. If God was created by something then it wouldnt be god. the thing that created it would be god.

The prospect of "God" is that it exists outside of time and has no begining or end and so was never "created" it just was.

I don't believe humans are capable of understanding this because it isx just too far removed from our train of thought. That's why im agnostic. I don't think we can ever understand it but i know somethign is there. So just be good and hopefully ull get what you deserve in the end

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
how about we examine traditional depictions of jesus, the christian god. typically depicted as a white european with long chestnut brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard

if horses had gods they would depict them as horses

so jesus was created by a white european with long, chestnut brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard.

problem solved.

Madness, no, actually, often gods were depicted as nonhuman animals, and there were no depictions of YHWH when Jesus came on the scene. It's not that humans made Jesus in the form of something more easily understandable, it's that he came in the form of something more easily understandable so that his mission would be more readily accomplished.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
So God created everything, including man, but if this is so, then who created God?

When asking this question you need to say 'then how was it, God became'. This is one of the best questions to ask when debating creation/religion - and unfortunately its impossible to answer without 'true' divine perception of God.
I would assume as God created light/time/space, then the almighty acts outside of these things. God is a singularity represented by what we see.

Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

Who came first doesn't apply here. God exists outside space and time, whilst also defined by space and every aspect of it. God is life, the universe and much more. Speculating Gods creation by another creator cant be resolved ever.

Who then gave God the right to be God? And who gave the creator of God the right to create God?

The right to be God? The universe isn't universal. Our universe, IS GOD, inside and out from light to life itself, space and time. The fact God created us means the right is default.
- Assuming God was also created is of course natural thinking, id suggest thinking outside the square on this one

This kind of relates to the matrix somehow, that there has to be a grand architect of what we call reality, or does there?

There must be an 'architect'. The idea that space was desolate and spontaneously a big bang triggered the universe is ignorant. Where did the properties for this big bang originate? Think very slowly and carefully when you read this. Energy/Light/Mass/Gravity, exist for a reason and to assume they are a default within space is a bit ignorant. Its all about the Origins.

Did someone create God, and if so, who created him, and who created that entity and so on. Does it ever end? Where did it begin? And with who, or what?

You asked the same question three times, just wording it differently. Read up

[edit on 12-5-2007 by sharplaya77]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If God always was and always will be, then does that mean that other lifeforms also worship a God/creator?

And if they do, is it the same God that we are worshipping? It seems logical, but who knows. What do you think? Do the snake people of epsilon 5 worship the same God as Cletus Jackson of Nowhere, Iowa?

Any takers?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Madness, no, actually, often gods were depicted as nonhuman animals,

....yet they are mostly depicted as humans.

and there were no depictions of YHWH when Jesus came on the scene.

well, you're partially right. there were no depictions of that guy AT THE TIME.. but many many years before they had depcited the ol' mountain god.

It's not that humans made Jesus in the form of something more easily understandable, it's that he came in the form of something more easily understandable so that his mission would be more readily accomplished.

no.... it's that the guy didn't exist and was then created by a sect of judaism that was highly influenced by the mithrans. seriously, how many people can do what he did (especially that stuff in the temple) and not be recorded by a contemporary source?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The devils make up God and God is eternal the same as matter is.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
The devils make up God and God is eternal the same as matter is.

question: why the hell do we need god if both matter and energy are eternal?

and i don't understand the part about the devil

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have often wondered this myself, for hours on end, so first off, good post.

However, I think you should all search Soundclick for DZK, and listen to his song "pray".

He has quite a few points.
First off, this whole who created God? Noone knows. We COULD say he just WAS, but that doesn't make sense.
And as far as "who gave God the right"... noone needs to give anyone the right to do anything, in order for them to do it. Free will is what gives everyone the right to DECIDE.

I'm just not so sure about this whole God and Church/Bible connection.
What kind of creator would bring a species to be, and then lead them into deciet and hate, pain and sorrow, and then punish them for getting lost?
That doesn't sound sensible.

There are quite a few things noone will ever truely know, and one is, why did man create the bible, only to have it say one thing, and later on in another "book" basically discredit what it said before?
Man overall is NOT a good liar, and the bible is based on lie.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
More science advances more we see people are connected deep inside. How and why i don't know but it seems like we are all part of something bigger. Maybe we form a God, as some believe. Still who created the universe?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Still who created the universe?

nobody. it needs no creator. the universe has always been here, that's a statement of scientific fact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join