It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really is the anti-christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was pondering the very thought, and decided to get your input.

What exactly is an anti-christ by definition?

To me, an anti christ would be the opposite of a christ..

So if a christ is a savior, one who saves people from damnation, one who redeems people's spirits that are otherwise going to damnation, then an anti christ would be the opposite of that.

So he'd be someone who, through deception and charm actually led people into damnation. He'd be one who tries to get those who are exempt or redeemed from damnation to join it anyway, and would thus have to be a tricky bastard I'd say.

Personally, I know ur going to be like "stop applying it to our current period of time", but I'd think the biggest strayer of ways and leader to damnation through deception would be one inspiring people to kill other people for this reason or that reason. The reasons, which fall under some moral code in their extreme version of "religion", say they can kill said people due to whatever. And, in doing so, they will secure themselves a place in paradise when they die, whether it's during the attempt to kill said people or 20 years after they already killed them. A ticket to paradise written in the blood of another.

I can think of one shining example .. but I dont want this topic to get moved from here to somewhere on ATS like prophecy or conspiracy. Maybe instead of the "beast" John of Patmos meant the "base" in his Apocalypse writing, which is english for al-qaeda. Perhaps Bin Laden or Zawahiri are the "false prophet" and "messenger from the bottomless pit" heralding the coming of the anti christ, thus they come first and he is yet to be here.

But thats just my interpretation of the type of environment that has to exist for an anti-christ persona to take root, islamic extremism. Particularly where terrorism is okay, as long as the targets can be justifiably killed or 'martyred' in the process unknowingly. Thus they'd be going to heaven for being a part of someone else's Jihad.. and so you can see how killing everyone in a city of one million faithful to kill one infidel or evil-doer can be justified in the certain extremist brand of islam, that people like al-qaeda attune to. This is how the suicide bombs in the middle east currently are justified from a Jihadist's point of view, seeing that innocent muslims are killed in the process.

But anyways, thats my interpretation of an anti-christ, what powers he'd embody, and the type of culture he'd come from, the type of culture of rampant killing that would need to exist for him to rise to prominence. What do you think an anti-christ is and can it be defined? Where would it come from?

[edit on 3/12/2007 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I was pondering the very thought, and decided to get your input.

What exactly is an anti-christ by definition?

INSTEAD of Christ.

Which makes sense:
If Christ ascends to the right hand of the throne of the Heavenly Father...then who is here with us?
It is the son of Man down here...Christ is the son of God.

The son of man is that first...and a son of God second.
Christ is the first Son of God...and secondly a son of man.
Because He came from there to here...and went back.
The son of man is born on earth and attains son of God status by following in Christ's footsteps.

It all depends on what the initial parentage is...spirit or matter!
When Jesus speaks of the son of Man - it is odd to think that he is speaking of himself in the third person! He didn't do that...it is something of an affectation. Jesus was for REAL.

So if a christ is a savior, one who saves people from damnation, one who redeems people's spirits that are otherwise going to damnation, then an anti christ would be the opposite of that.

BUT if Christ already saved us...what can anyone do to take that away?

Nothing!

Christ is head over all things....the right arm of God's law...which is love.
Love overcomes all things!

He'd be one who tries to get those who are exempt or redeemed from damnation to join it anyway, and would thus have to be a tricky bastard I'd say.

Runetang - think about it for a moment. That doesn't make sense.

Why would God do all that He has done only to have it be undone?
Especially something as HORRIBLE as an unjustified execution by crucifixion! That is definitely the worst way we've ever applied capital punishment!

What do you think an anti-christ is and can it be defined? Where would it come from?

It?

Check this post out that I made earlier today.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Another concept you might want to consider is something that is on my mind lately.

I know this will just add to your confusion or maybe it won't. Suppose that the world becomes so wicked that they do not reckognize Christ anymore, which is prophecied in the Bible already.

When Christ returns in whatever form you believe, he is identified as the antichrist, just because they do not recognize the truth anymore.

Scary......

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by ben91069]

top topics

join