It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four-year-olds will get gay fairytales at school

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
nvm, found some examples.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
NOO Its wrong in so many ways up, down, left, right, backwords, forwards, and many other ways. School is a place to learn and for four year olds to be taught something of this magnitude is absurd. Teach them colors, arithmetic, team work, and manners. They should come across their sexuality later on in life maybe teens.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
And if it is to be taught,it should be by the parents of the child,not a school.

Exactly..

And this is precisely why I will be home-schooling my son his entire life. You have no idea what kind of nonsense they shove down our children's throats in the school system.. and private schooling isn't much of a difference to public schools these days.

I prefer to KNOW what my son is learning, and from there allow him to decide on his own who he wants to be (and which lifestyle resonates with him) as he matures.

- Mea

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with this. As long as the stories are not sexual in nature, it does no harm to introduce children to the concept of gay relationships at an early age. This would stop so much of the hate and misunderstanding around the issue. These children are bombarded with heterosexual themes in stories at that age, i.e. Prince Charming and living happily ever after, why not expose them to 'the real world' for a change. As for so many saying it a lifestyle choice, I would say this. When exactly did you decide that you were going to be heterosexual? I'm sure that gay people didn't wake up one day and say "Hey, I don't feel ostracized by society enough, I think I'll be gay! That should do it!" No one would choose to be gay in a society that doesn't accept it, they just are. And according to statistics, 10% of the children being exposed to these stories are going to be gay when they grow up. This type of exposure not only helps the 90% accept the 10%, but it helps the 10% accept themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

And there are plenty of stories about heterosexual couples that are equally as boring. Jackass.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When I was 4 years old I wanted to marry my sister, tried to wait up for Santa, and believed that babies were born out of your mouth (perhaps I should have left that last point out).

What the parents think about the subject will more than likely determine the childs opinion on same sex relationships.

As an aside - how well will this go down in the UK's more Muslim dominated communities?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It seems we have some very poor qulity control with respect to what is appropriate for children to access. Thanks to the BBC we have the following, about whether 'fingering' is safe or not. Irrespective as to whether anyone finds this acceptable or not, I would point out some factual errors here. Sexual behaviour is NOT about prodding, and an internal examination at the doctors is NOT about a social, or antisocial, event. And this is what children in school, and at home, access on computers, never firewalled, provided with taxpayer's money:

www.bbc.co.uk...

'there are hazards: 1.Fingernails* 2.Dirt 3.Excess prodding'
'Glittery extensions are antisocial during an internal examination.'

Another disturbing development is the project:
'Queering the Body; Queering Primary Education' also paid for with taxpayer's money:

www.schools-out.org.uk/conferences/docs2008/Education%20and%20the%20Body%20blurb%20for%20SIG... -

• How might we create primary classrooms where gender-queer bodies and queer sexualities (for children and teachers) are affirmed and celebrated?
• What would it take to teach queerly? How would teachers’ and children’s bodies be implicated in this? What sorts of subversions and reversals might it entail?
• At what cost do we deny children’s and teachers’ sexuality? What do we lose if desire and pleasure are banned from the classroom?
• In what circumstances is strategic essentialism regarding the sexed, gendered and sexualised body necessary for change to principles and practice, and who might be harmed by an insistence on fluidity and non-unitary identities?
• What is the place of the research team members’ own bodies, desires and pleasures in this research?

The first, above, is about grooming children, the second about the researchers' pleasures.

More on what is going on in schools here:

www.lifeinthemix.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
All of you who are calling Christians to be tolerant, why don't you practice that tolerance yourself? You call for tolerance from us and everyone else, but yet you yourselves can not even think of being tolerant towards us.

I'll agree that there are so called Christians who have not grasped the main belief of loving your neighbor and loving your enemy. It seems that the non-Christians bashing against Christians for their own beliefs can't even comphrend that we are not talking about hate when we say it is a sin and immoral.

How do many Christians deal with other sexual sins. Ok, you know your in sin? Ok, Want to talk? No, ok want to go out to Dennies for breakfast? See you at work tomorrow.

Why aren't we as angry at them and as hateful of them? Because they are not trying to teach our kids that it is normal and ok. They are trying to force us to say no, no, no your not sinning. You're perfectly fine and normal in what you're doing. Don't worry, you have a free passport to heaven no matter what. That is what we get angry about.

There are those who get freaked out when a gay hits on them, because it is an unwanted invitation. In most of the complaints I have heard many of the gays don't even ask what the other person's orientation is. Yes I would feel very weird and uncomfortable if another woman tried to hit on me even if it was indirectly.

Why is that such a problem for you who are gay? Wouldn't you feel weird and uncomfortable if someone of the oppsite sex hit on you? Why is it such a problem to at least tolerate, not hate, and not shove your agenda down the throats of those who disagree with you?

Someone commented about Christians not getting beat up and killed? You haven't done much digging in world news have you? We have been beaten up, killed, and distained much longer than the when the gays started to come out of the closet. Isrealites were distained before Jesus appeared. The romans killed us after Jesus died. In the middle ages, anyone that didn't believe Roman Catholism (making a seperation between Catholics and Chritians that did not agree with Catholisim), persecuited, killed, and tourtered anyone that did not belong to that chruch.

Today christians are killed with out mercy in China, Sudan, all the Musleum countries. The European Union is becoming more and more anti-Christian.

Pope says society to fail without Christian conscience

The remarks came as the European Union celebrated its 50th birthday in a Berlin ceremony that included unveiling a broad, aspirational "Berlin Declaration" that left out mention of religion or the continent's Christian roots....

Merkel appeared equally pessimistic that any reference would be included in a new treaty, but said people should be allowed to express their personal views on the matter...

Plans to put a reference to Europe's Christian roots in a previous EU constitutional treaty were blocked by French President Jacques Chirac.

Would you rather this country be like China where Christians are forced to hide, and can get killed for even a part of the Bible let alone the entire Bible?

and when was the last time a christian was beaten half to death and left hanging on a fence to die in the u.s.a.. hmmm mathew shepard was one of many victums of christian dogma and homophobia.. if u'r gonna spew this crap then get a clue and an education.. as aparently you'r hiding behind church idealology.. regaurdless of the truth.. and one last question.. when did u decide to be straight?? oh and if u did indeed decide to be straight then u have at least at one point felt attraction to someone of the same sex.. ..

[edit on 17-1-2009 by scorand]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
as stated several times in this thread... haveing same sex couples in fairy tales is no differant than anyother fairy tale.. i thought A.T.S was about denying ignorance

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join